Thread: DENSO O2 sensor experience

turbo addict

DENSO O2 sensor experience

I am looking to get an O2 sensor and the Denso seems to be the best for the money. Has anyone used one of these and can testify to any reliability or problems they might have had? I don't want to spend the only money I have to find this thing is going to be a weak link. Any info on the NTK 3 wire O2 part number either?

thanks, Joseph
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT] ____________________________________________ 92 Voyager LE 3.3/A604 luxury liner 185k [COLOR="Red"]"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]"It's not tyranny we desire; it's a just, limited, federal government." Alexander Hamilton[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Support our economy-BUY AMERICA: [url]http://nortonsusa.com/[/url][/COLOR]

...if you know what I mean... Turbo Mopar Contributor csxtra's Avatar

Re: DENSO O2 sensor experience

Denso is the premium performance line for NGK (or NTK). Supposedly more silicone and lead resistant than the standard NTK O2 sensor. And NTK is the source for the OEM sensor.

I've been running one of the 4-wire ones for ?3? years now...no problems, still has fast response even after running some leaded gas through it.

Info:
    http://www.densoaftermarket.com/oxygen-sensor.php

The 3-wire part # is 234-3003, and the 4-wire one is 234-4004.

Available online from sparkplugs.com. It appears that the ones Summit sells are the NTK versions, not the Denso ones (they have different part #s).
    Warren Hall
    "My Name is Warren and my car is an alcoholic..."
    OVC - SDAC "Our Sh*t Rolls!"
    Cincinnati, OH
    87 CSX # 741
    317WHP - 380 WFt-Lbs (STD-5)
    12.460 @ 113.2 - Race Gas + Methanol Injection
    12.749 @ 109.84 - 91 octane + Methanol Injection (Still tuning...)
    "Illegitimi non carborundum."
    -General Joseph Stillwell
    TD Runlogger Page Has Moved...

turbo addict

I found one at rock auto for 36.95. That along with a K & N oil filter for 8.49. That along with the 5% discount will cover the cost of the 2.75 Protec air filter.. +1 to rock auto. For maintence stuff they are great. I'm glad to hear the denso can take some crap as I'm going to run a mix of E85 and 93 almost every fill up. I think between that and running above stock boost with a little bit of advance in the timing it should run pretty good. Thats the same P/N rock auto listed so at least I know I have the right one too.
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT] ____________________________________________ 92 Voyager LE 3.3/A604 luxury liner 185k [COLOR="Red"]"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]"It's not tyranny we desire; it's a just, limited, federal government." Alexander Hamilton[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Support our economy-BUY AMERICA: [url]http://nortonsusa.com/[/url][/COLOR]

I have them in all our cars turbo mini, csxt and glht, never a problem. I think I read somewhere they where the supplier to Chrysler

turbo addict

That explains why they make the starters and later alternators.

The ones to avoid are Bosch. NTK was/is the OEM for Mopar for these. The last "Mopar" O2 sensor I installed was a Denso.

Good to know that Rock stocks them.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

NTK rocks, mines been in since the first engine I built. Its been thru 5 years of numerous engine explosions, head gasket failures, leaded C16 and 5 years later, it still works like new, and I check it with a labscope,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

turbo addict

When I looked up O2 sensors Rock auto kept listing a 1 wire in NTK for the 88 year so I opted for the denso which was listed correctly. I've heard Denso is about as good as anything out there from hearsay and now the voice of experience of a few of us so thats what I'm going with. Almost every discount parts store sells bosch crap and for some reason Napa sells them now too. They used to sell them in Standard...

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WickedShelby88 View Post
    When I looked up O2 sensors Rock auto kept listing a 1 wire in NTK for the 88 year so I opted for the denso which was listed correctly. I've heard Denso is about as good as anything out there from hearsay and now the voice of experience of a few of us so thats what I'm going with. Almost every discount parts store sells bosch crap and for some reason Napa sells them now too. They used to sell them in Standard...
    Bosch are fine, they OE on numerous cars and trucks but for some reason, don't like TM's. STandard are pure crap, I've replaced 2-3 in a row when doing smog repairs,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info