Thread: Rust Free Charger Hatch...sdac Deliver?

Banned Turbo Mopar Contributor

Rust Free Charger Hatch...sdac Deliver?

hey guys....well the only real bad part I can seem to notice on my car is the hatch....its nothing major, but I would much rather have something cleaner.

so im looking for a shelby charger hatch...would prefer one with rear defrost, and NO wiper (if they even came with one?). color is not a preference, but if I could luck out finding a black one that would be alright! I dont think its going on anytime soon unless i get the car painted....

I was also wondering if somehow it could be delivered to SDAC for me....as my chances of finding a clean one around here are slim to none.

I even have some 89 daytona GFX I could trade for....well I know the whole front fasica is there, and at least 2 air dams in good shape...possibly more been a while since i checked

PS IF ANY MOD SEE'S THIS....THEY SHOULD ADD "BODY" parts to the TITLE ..also possibly BRAKES but that could fall under suspension i suppose??

Mitsu booster

Re: Rust Free Charger Hatch...sdac Deliver?

I know Mike Demoss at Forward Motion has one. I bought a very rust free 87 GLHS body from him last month and he kept the hatch as I had no need for it. Try calling him, he might even be going to sdac.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor j4278h's Avatar

if you haven't found one come close to SDAC give me a shout and i'll bring you a black and silver one off one of the parts cars out back.

Banned Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by j4278h View Post
    if you haven't found one come close to SDAC give me a shout and i'll bring you a black and silver one off one of the parts cars out back.

no rust or holes???? the one I have here doesnt really have any rust showing outside....its just really starting to rot the lip, and there is a hole and its really soft underneath....im pretty sure it was pretty gone b4, and whoever repainted the car gave it a quick fix.....its useable...but id rather find something better to work with....

hell i showed my dad the weeeee bit of rust coming through the quarters (looks like surface?) and he said it was all rotted through....wtf....I guess time will tell...its pretty sold to me tho, inside and out.....aahhh well, at least the ONLY part cross canada stocks for these cars is the "half quarters" so looks like im in luck for the future lol

hell if the hatch you have is super clean id prolly just drive down there and swap it right on the car! LOL

Mitsu booster

Juggy, Ive got one here in Niagara. Its just a standard Charger, but it was a southern car and I beleive the hatch is really good. so all you need to do is add the third brake light spoiler. Would trade for something. I'll double check condition.
    Lmk. Ron.