Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Front Mount intercooler fabrication.

Hybrid booster

Front Mount intercooler fabrication.

Just finished installing and plumbing, it was a hell of a job, what'd you guys thinks.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor zin's Avatar

Re: Front Mount intercooler fabrication.

Looks sweet! More picts would be nice too!

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor Dave's Avatar

+1 for more pics! Looks great. I like how you smoothed the lower intercooler pipe around the upper. Good work.

Hybrid booster

Here's a couple more pics. I can't wait to put this car back on the road. As you can see I'll have to relocate the coolant overflow bottle, but that's no biggie. I really held myself from buying an intercooler pipe kit, I just worked with whatever I had lying around. I must have tried at least 20 different combinations until I got the right one. It was very challenging.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

That does look pretty nice. Be proud of that clean engine bay.

Well it doesn't look like you'll be getting much direct airflow to the core. Perhaps lower the intercooler?

Also in the 2nd pic are you clamping a coupler to another coupler?

Hybrid booster

Thanks alot man, if there is one thing I like is clean engine bays. I'll take a pic of the GLH engine bay tomorrow and post it.
    Last edited by gvare001; 03-29-2008 at 10:16 PM.

Hybrid booster

Well it doesn't look like you'll be getting much direct airflow to the core
    It doesn't look so good from that angle but it is a bit better when you see it straight ahead. I'm also thinking about closing the lower section of the bumper, I heard it helps direct more flow to the radiator.
    Also in the 2nd pic are you clamping a coupler to another coupler?
    No, what you see in blue is just blue vinyl tape that I used to protect the hose a bit and to give it a little reinforcement until I get another 90 degree silicone coupler.

Quote Originally Posted by gvare001 View Post
    It doesn't look so good from that angle but it is a bit better when you see it straight ahead. I'm also thinking about closing the lower section of the bumper, I heard it helps direct more flow to the radiator.

No, what you see in blue is just blue vinyl tape that I used to protect the hose a bit and to give it a little reinforcement until I get another 90 degree silicone coupler.
    Gotcha.

Hybrid booster

Ok, it's done now.

Garrett booster

nice! planning on going cold air?

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Very clean but can I send you some black wire ties to replace those orange ones? Did you get some first impressions from driving it yet? Are you moving up from a stock IC?

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Hybrid booster

nice! planning on going cold air?
    Thanks, I'm definately going cold air, maybe I'll have to relocate the battery after all.
    Very clean but can I send you some black wire ties to replace those orange ones? Did you get some first impressions from driving it yet? Are you moving up from a stock IC?
    Man, zip ties in that car are crazy, there are pink ones, orange, blue, yellow, LOL. Yeah, I moved up from a stock intercooler, moved up a few things from stock actually. I'm in the tunning process right now, see I tough I had a 3bar cal, but when I hooked the module it was dead, so now I'm trying to adjust the +40's with the AFPR.

Garrett booster

I moved my battery to the trunk in my sundance that I converted to a T-2. Just got the piping and such done today. Moving that battery allowed me to cut a hole under it and bring the driver side pipe of the intercooler up through there. Plus by moving the battery it'll give you more room for the cone filter.Yours looks nice. And yes I agree it's a B@#*h to do

turbo addict

Its not a bad idea to add weight when you remove the battery though too to help with weight dist.
    I have some pretty thick steel plates I could play with to do that. Looks really slick. I am definitely leaning towards the same route you went with an IC. It just makes sense not to have to hack your car up too much if its a dd. You DONT want to sacrifice your front end integrity. Trust me. Sunday this guy backs into my van as I'm sitting there and have no where to go because I just pulled off the street barely into the place I was going into and heres this guy backing up.. I couldn't back into traffic. Luckily it didn't hurt the beast so we just wrote it off but those are definitely things you don't expect and DO happen when you drive a car a lot. +1 on the black or maybe color coordinated zip ties.. Sounds gay but will look better. Its funny but seeing all that awesome plumbing definitely shines the light on how restrictive a stock intake is, even the 2 piece. Just looking and that neck make me want to chop it off and weld on something bigger.
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT] ____________________________________________ 92 Voyager LE 3.3/A604 luxury liner 185k [COLOR="Red"]"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]"It's not tyranny we desire; it's a just, limited, federal government." Alexander Hamilton[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Support our economy-BUY AMERICA: [url]http://nortonsusa.com/[/url][/COLOR]

turbo addict

battery goes on the pass side not the trunk

Quote Originally Posted by Speedeuphoria View Post
    battery goes on the pass side not the trunk
    What do you do about the charcoal canister?

bernie

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor j4278h's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gti_7 View Post
    What do you do about the charcoal canister?

bernie
    throw it in the trash

You don't smell fuel? i was under the impression you needed to have the canister in place.. are they not apart of the emission testing? I am asking as i would like to rid myself of mine, but thought you needed to have one! Any help is appreciated.

bernie

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gti_7 View Post

You don't smell fuel? i was under the impression you needed to have the canister in place.. are they not apart of the emission testing? I am asking as i would like to rid myself of mine, but thought you needed to have one! Any help is appreciated.

bernie
    I don't run them on any of my cars and I don't have a problem at all. I know of only one person who smells gas from removing his, but I know way more that don't.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast