I have an 89 dodge shadow 2.2 turbo

I was driving home from taking my kid to school and it is very slick outside, I slowly went into first, then into 2nd, when I went into second my foot slipped off the clutch and did a light jerk on the vehicle as the clutch slightly popped into place and the tires spun MAYBE 3 revolutions before I corrected. I noticed my oil light came on, I was like hmmm I will check it when i get home since it only flashed for 1/2 a second. I stopped at another light, started accelerating and it came on AGAIN, and stayed on until I was at a steady speed.

At this point I was really curious. I was about 1 1/2 miles from home and it came on constant and a bunch of white smoke out the back. I immediately put it into neutral and shut the engine off so I did not hurt the engine internals if it was starving from oil. I then noticed the ton of white smoke rolling off the back of the car as I was decellerating. I was able to get it into a BP parking lot, thinking of great a head gasket failure, but to my curious eyes when I popped the hood The rear of the engine and the driver side, side of the engine was coated in a huge amount of oil. probly 2 qts worth. I was boggled as to why.

I then put some oil into it and drived the other half mile home since I cant afford a tow and it was very short distance. as soon as I parked the car at my place the light came on. I shut it off and let it sit for 15 mins and checked the oil. I was barely showing anything on the dip stick.

Now I am curious, the engine is to hot right now to pull and poke at stuff but could you guys give me a good reference as to what could of gotten rid of the majority of my oil? I will probly get a chance to tear into her tomarrow and I would kind of like a bunch of opinions on what it could be so I dont accidently overlook things.

I was thinking 2 things:

1. turbo blown, but I have never seen a turbo get rid of that much oil so fast.

2. turbo line might of broken (brothers idea)

What do you think about these ideas and what other ideas would you have?

Also my brother said it should be a mitsu turbo if that matters.