Thread: dumb question, but hooking up the proprotion valve?

TurboII

dumb question, but hooking up the proprotion valve?

well i just upgraded my 88 chrysler lebaron to the 11" vented rotors on all four corners. But im pretty sure i have it hooked up correctly but just wanna make sure. okay, when installed the porprotion valve the hole that comes out the sides go to the front and the bottom 2 holes goes to rear.

Im having problems with the pedal being spongy and going to the floor. Every thing is new and my brother wanted to make sure that it wasnt the pro valve. other then that His moneys on the cheap a$$ napa Master cylinder that go bad just by looking at then funny. seriously ive been their 3 of them because the seals go bad even by bench bleeding.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Re: dumb question, but hooking up the proprotion valve?

If the prop valve fails, you won't get fluid out of one set of brakes, IE LF and RR. If the MC isn't new, I would bet 99% its junk. If your not getting air out of the 4 corners and the pedal is mushy, MC is junk.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by TurboII View Post
    the holes that comes out the sides go to the front and the bottom 2 holes goes to rear.
    Yes thats correct, did you bleed everything real good?

TurboII

Quote Originally Posted by Speedeuphoria View Post
    Yes thats correct, did you bleed everything real good?
    Ya two days ago the brakes were working awesome. Then when to go to work yesterday and the brakes were spongy WTF? But when i put the car up in the air the pass front wasnt working and the driver rear wasnt working...this happnened over night? so today i went to return my brand new master cylinder and they gave me another one. The one i have now is totally different then the one they gave me. Looked more durable, lighter weight, better style. I told my buddy that works at napa ....what the heck is the one that i had before. My old one was heavy different style.

As soon as i benched bled this one the bubbles cleared out with in 10 pumps. So i have a good feeling about this one.

Joey