Thread: Wheel offset req for L body

turbo addict

Wheel offset req for L body

Looking for what size offset I need to run a 16x7 wheel on an Omni. I see 35 and 42 but I don't know which would fit better. Car has MP road race springs and will run 205/45/16 tires. I don't want to have to run a spacer. Thanks.

Re: Wheel offset req for L body

I would run a 35 just for the clearance. 42 pulls the wheel WAY in and with rubbing issue on the transmissions our cars already have, I would go for a wheel that sits out more. Besides that, it will fill the fender wells better. Plus you can (on the Chargers I know, not sure about the Omnis) push the fenders out a bit in the front to push air around the wheel if they stick out at all.

I have a picture of my car where you can see the fender+the GFX are more flush with the body line compared to the factory setup.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

turbo addict

Re: Wheel offset req for L body

Thanks. In the time since I posted that I found a offset calculator that makes it easier to see: http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp

It pretty much repeated what you said, the 35 offset wheel will only lose 3mm on the inside vs 10mm for the 42 offset.