Thread: Lowering options (1991 Daytona Shelby)

Garrett booster

Lowering options (1991 Daytona Shelby)

Hey guys,

Other than Konis, what are some options for dropping about an inch off the ride height of my Daytona?

I've been looking at a few different brands of lowering springs, (Eibach, Canuck Motorsports), and am wondering what options are there available for shocks and struts... I'm guessing the stock ones won't last long with lowering springs on them.

I've got 17's on the car now, but w/ low profile tires, there is still some wheel gap that I would like to get rid of.

Heres a picture of the car that was taken during some bodywork... The whole car was actually stripped of all paint and is being repainted black right now.

Re: Lowering options (1991 Daytona Shelby)

You could use any damper you want since it's the spring that will lower the car. You just need to find a damper that is damped properly for the springs you're getting. You could cut the stock springs and use KYB but I wouldn't use the Eibach with the KYB since you'll get a very harsh ride. I don't know of what's good out there since I rushed to get one of the last sets of Konis.

Hybrid booster

looks good to me....why mess with it? the thing i hate about lowering springs is that the back end always looks lower than the front...a bit of rake looks much better (and these cars can use all they can get)

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by capev86 View Post
    looks good to me....why mess with it? the thing i hate about lowering springs is that the back end always looks lower than the front...a bit of rake looks much better (and these cars can use all they can get)
    Maybe I'll just leave it then. It has all new stock suspension anyway...

I have to budget cash into getting the last touches done on the car, so I'll probably end up holding out on the suspension for awhile. I just wanted to know what options were available for our cars now.

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Eibach makes lowering springs that are variable rate and decent on the street. Mopar Performance made (used to but you can find them used) road race springs that lower the car but they are straight rate and a stiffer rate too.

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Polygon View Post
    You could use any damper you want since it's the spring that will lower the car. You just need to find a damper that is damped properly for the springs you're getting. You could cut the stock springs and use KYB but I wouldn't use the Eibach with the KYB since you'll get a very harsh ride. I don't know of what's good out there since I rushed to get one of the last sets of Konis.
    I think you mean the ride will be soft. The KYB's can't control the aggressive Eibach spring.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info