Thread: omni valves

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

omni valves

http://www.omnivalves.com
    Anyone use these or know of someone who has? Looks interesting but its not like we need more torque.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Re: omni valves

For some reason, I think the billions of man hours the world has into the internal combustion engine would have thought of that before if it really worked. I find those claims exceptionally hard to believe.

Exclamation Re: omni valves

Those don't look like the valves in my Omni . They do look kind of heavy though. What happens at high rpm? Is that a separate extra piece attached to the head? Looks like a disaster just waiting to happen.

Clearly they spent a lot of money on the SWF for the website. They must therefore be good valves.

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MiniMopar View Post
    Clearly they spent a lot of money on the SWF for the website. They must therefore be good valves.
    SWF? I didnt see any Single White Females on their site?

Groovy music tho... "jam on it, dont stop the body rock...."

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssPerformance View Post
    SWF? I didnt see any Single White Females on their site?

Groovy music tho... "jam on it, dont stop the body rock...."
    OH man, too funny. I had to think about it myself and I'm in the IT field. hehe So I didn't get the jist of what these things do? Maybe I didn't read the right article. Would someone care to elaborate?

Thanks!
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

The valves have these little rings behind them that block the ports and act like check valves. They stay closed until the pressure in the cylinder is lower than the pressure in the port. When the intake stroke is over, the valve closes. The idea it that by allowing the pressure differential and flow to control the intake valve, it will always have "perfect" timing. Exhaust valve is stock.

The cam profile still controls the outer limits of what this valve can do, so I'm a bit skeptical about the crazy performance/efficiency claims. It's a simple idea...so simple in fact that I am willing to bet it's been tried before.

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

I bet it only works is you slash the cc and ports up with a die grinder?

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

I'd be willing to try it.

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by mock_glh View Post
    Those don't look like the valves in my Omni . They do look kind of heavy though. What happens at high rpm? Is that a separate extra piece attached to the head? Looks like a disaster just waiting to happen.
    I thought it was a question about valves for an omni too.

looks like what mpgmike was working on, I dunno if he ever got any in an engine though. He had some around like last year.

Hybrid booster

I believe Mike had issues dealing with them. He was suppose to get a set but never did, for some reason.