Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shelby build sheet

Hybrid booster

Shelby build sheet

I was wondering if the whittier cars came with a build sheet or were they removed by shelby and co. I had the interior gutted on my SL and couldnt find the damn thing. Any special places to look?

turbo addict

Re: Shelby build sheet

I've owned about 20 turbo dodges over the years and I have found one production broadcast sheet (buildsheet). It happened to be in my first one I owned (a 85 GLHT). Mine was in the glovebox along with everything from day one. I bought the car when it was less than 6 months old, and still have it to this day.
    I found a sheet under my front carpet of my GLHS Omni about some improper alignment margins. It had all four corners of the car pictured along with a checklist of potential issues. It circled the defect area and I imagine it was corrected at the factory.
    I have heard some people have found their buildsheet under their rear seat.
    Funny you should mention this as I just sent my buildsheet and window sticker to a friend of mine that inquired about mine. He is considering reproducing window stickers and buildsheets.
    Todd

Invisible Turbo Mopar Contributor mcsvt's Avatar

I recently had the interior of my SL completely out, seats, carpet and all. Didn't find anything...

I haven't torn apart the Daytona yet, so don't know about that one
    -Gary Mazzone-
    1986 GLHS #168

two point two much fun Turbo Mopar Staff Turbodave's Avatar

I've found a few in L-bodies, either under the carpet or under the back seat, but it's not been on every one.

A friend of mine that bought an 87 Shadow new told me the build sheet on his car was under a piece of plastic wrapped around the front passenger seat when the car was delivered. So in that case whoever prepped the car would have just thrown it out.
    Dave Tekampe
    Director SDAC National
    VP SDAC-Chicago

85 GLH-Turbo (DC intercooled)
    86 GLHS #107
    87 GLHS #148
    87 CSX #161, #608, #674
    88 CSX-T #529, #541
    89 Shadow Competition Package and lots more...

I found the buildsheet to my 90 Daytona Shelby underneath the carpet under the driver's seat. It was pushed down on one of the seat track bolts to hold it in place I suppose, and at the point I found it last year (17 year old car at that point) it was stuck to the floor pretty bad. Took some fine maneuvering to get it out as complete as I could. It's legible but a corner piece was torn off and remains stuck to the floorboard.

Now of course that isnt' a Whittier car. I have my CSX interior completely stripped out and have found zippo evidence of a buildsheet. The previous owner's before me, to my knowledge, did not seek out a build sheet as they just used it as a daily driver not knowing what they had. That is one thing I really wanted to find, but go figure I guess. Now on cardomain, there is one guy who found a buildsheet in his 89 CSX, but that's the only one I've seen.

My bro. and I have stripped plenty of L and G body cars out over the years and have never found any in those. He, on the other hand, actually found THREE buildsheets for his 90 Daytona Shelby under the rear seat in perfect shape. Lucky lol.....

I have heard stories of people finding buildsheets wrapped around the front shock/strut of their vehicle, concealed by the plastic inner fender well. Regardless, it was destroyed when they noticed it. In addition, I'm still holding out hope that perhaps the buildhseet for some reason may be stuffed up behind the dashboard in my CSX or something. From what my dad told me, Chrysler, most of the time, either threw the buildsheet under the driver's carpet or underneath the driver's seat in the springs. Every once in a while though, primarily with the older cars, they'd be found above the headliner cardboard, behind dash boards, etc.

Can we have some more details about these buildsheet remakes?

Hybrid booster

I have my CSX demo-derby style apart -Billy knows- Nothing found what-so-ever. I'm owner #3 so unless I missed something and I really doubt it, there isn't one.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritedShelbys View Post
    I have my CSX demo-derby style apart -Billy knows- Nothing found what-so-ever. I'm owner #3 so unless I missed something and I really doubt it, there isn't one.
    You can say that again!

I'm wondering if many 89s had build sheets thrown in them or not. I'm willing to bet not.

Mitsu booster

my 89 lebaron had one in the glove compartment with original bill of sale and second bill of sale im 3rd owner but got it from my mother not from a dealer....

Hybrid booster

yeah i've had my carpet, headliner, dash, all the seats out. i'm going to go through everything again just to make sure i didnt miss it.

Cool Re: Shelby build sheet

I found one behind the door panel in an '88 Daytona Shelby I used to own.

Mine was in my glove compartment when I got it, but I trashed it.

...I was seventeen and didn't know anything about this car...
    2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser GT Mods coming soon!

i found the buildsheet to my old 87 csx under the front passenger carpet. unfortunately, it was directly under where your feet would be. i think i got about 80-90% of it out intact.

That's exactly where mine was in the CSX. Sadly it disintegrated as soon as I tried to touch it and I was not able to save it. Combination of getting damp after 15 years of hot Cali sunshine. I should have tried harder, like cover it with clear tape before trying to dislodge it.

turbo addict

same for my 88 shadow, under the carpet on the passenger side and totally ruined from water.
    1988 Lancer Shelby 2.2TII 1989 Shadow ES 2.5TI 1992 Lebaron Sedan 3.0Auto 1993 Acclaim 2.5TI-A520 Hoard parts now!

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor

Found one in a junk yard Omni in the springs of the rear seat base.
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."
    -- Justice Antonin Scalia

Basic Vendor (MSD, Hawk, etc) Turbo Mopar Contributor rbryant's Avatar

My 87 GLHS sheet was under the carpet behind the driver seat. Unfortunately it pretty disintegrated when I tried to pull it off from the carpet so it was useless.

-Rich

Quote Originally Posted by rbryant View Post
    My 87 GLHS sheet was under the carpet behind the driver seat. Unfortunately it pretty disintegrated when I tried to pull it off from the carpet so it was useless.

-Rich

87 GLHS #266 build sheet was in the same spot stuck to the floor and covered with rusty water and like you said useless.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by DC Turismo View Post
    My bro. and I have stripped plenty of L and G body cars out over the years and have never found any in those. He, on the other hand, actually found THREE buildsheets for his 90 Daytona Shelby under the rear seat in perfect shape. Lucky lol.....
    Yes, I am lucky

This is true, however, the buildsheets were not under the back seat. They were located under the carpet below the drivers seat. One is in very nice condition, and the other two are in so-so shape (still competely legible, but missing some pieces here and there -- between the two, all data can be accounted for).

In order to keep the build sheets nice and undamaged, do any of you see it being an issue if I were to have them laminated? Or should I leave them as-is?

Hybrid booster

the only prob i could see is if they used some sort of wax pencil (i've never seen one) the heat from the laminator might mess with the wax but other than that it should be fine. (barring anything else i dont know about them lol)

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by DC Turismo View Post
    Can we have some more details about these buildsheet remakes?
    Don't have much info to tell you, but a owner of a very low mileage GLHS Omni was the one that asked me about sending what I had to him.
    I personally think there would be minimal interest for buildsheets. At least by people that would actually pay for them. Maybe window stickers? The buildsheets may actually help recreate the window stickers as the codes for options are listed on the backside of the buildsheets. We do have two very clean copies of 85 GLHT stickers. My window sticker hasn't even been folded yet.
    Todd

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast