Thread: 1989 Turbo mini $500

Hoosier Daddy?? Turbo Mopar Staff Clay's Avatar

1989 Turbo mini $500

Ok, Ive sold this van twice before and now its back. Third time is the charm I guess. I originally sold this van to 3Bar_Mopar probably 3 years ago. I got it back probably 1.5 years ago, and then sold it to a friend shortly there after. Well, he lost his job and so in a round about way, I have it back again.

I need it gone. So, this is going to end one of two ways. Either someone will buy it, ORRRRRRRRRRR with the price of scrap so high right now, it will go to the scrap yard. I figure its probably worth ~$400 in scrap steel.

OK, so enough BS. I have a 1989 Dodge Caravan factory turbo minivan. The thing needs work. The head was left off and the cylinder bores have surface rust. I would say at a very minimum it needs the cylinders honed, but may need an overbore. It ran good when it was together, and has a newer good automatic trans in it. From what Ive seen, everything is there to put this back together.

The interior is decent but could use a good cleaning. There are no rear seats, but other than that the interior is complete.

Exterior has classic 80s chrysler paint peel on the roof and hood. It would at least need the roof sanded and primered. There is the classic rust above the wheel wells.

Ideally you would find rims to put on it, or I would help, but the only reason I even have this thing is because I wanted the wheels off of it. Im sure we can work something out here.

thats pretty much it. Needs work, price is cheap, haul parts and go fast(er than most).

$500

come and get it while you can, because Im not keeping it long. I cant do much with it this weekend, but after that it will be loaded on a trailer and loaded up with other scrap steel. SO I give this thing 2 weeks in case anyone is interested.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Clay
    Clay
    1986 GLH-T - Flat black......... learn it, love it, LIVE IT!
    1988 LeBaron GTC Turbo

SDML Readers Rides
    C/S Registry
    Stuff For Sale

Re: 1989 Turbo mini

These were taken a couple of years ago. Everything pretty much still applies to now, except the paint peel on the roof and hood is worse and the interior needs some cleaning. I do plan to get some current pics if anyone is interested.

let me know if you have any questions.

clay
    Clay
    1988 LeBaron GTC Turbo

SDML Readers Rides
    C/S Registry
    Stuff For Sale

Mitsu booster

Re: 1989 Turbo mini $500

where are u located?

hes from indiana.he should be at srping fling this year.he was last year anyway.....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------^^^

Terre Haute, Indiana, which is about 3 hours west of you on I-70.

and yes, Ill be at spring fling!
    Clay
    1988 LeBaron GTC Turbo

SDML Readers Rides
    C/S Registry
    Stuff For Sale

ive been through terre haute before.used to go to illinois every other week.kool are you bringing the glh again??? anything else done to it yet?? im trying to round up some slicks to use that day but havent had any luck yet

yup, planning on bringing the GLHT. Nothing really done to it since last year. Im planning to install a set of stiff Konis in the back, and a couple other little things. Im just wanting that 12.99!!!!!!
    Clay
    1988 LeBaron GTC Turbo

SDML Readers Rides
    C/S Registry
    Stuff For Sale

turbo addict

Why was the head pulled? Blown gasket or other?

What is spring fling? I have been looking for Dodge events to take the van to, but hell, I couldn't find a date or location for SDAC (is that normal?). I am from Georgia, but the van is from IL (Riverton), so maybe it would like to visit some old friends back home.

-Les

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by fastasleep View Post
    What is spring fling? I have been looking for Dodge events to take the van to, but hell, I couldn't find a date or location for SDAC (is that normal?). I am from Georgia, but the van is from IL (Riverton), so maybe it would like to visit some old friends back home.

-Les
    Spring fling is a track day event and after party held by the OVC in Cincinnati Ohio. http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=22662

I do think they just posted the date and location of SDAC. Check the SDAC event section for information. http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=23376

ok, here are pictures I took today.

The rust on the roof looks bad, but it is just surface rust. No structural issue at all. It just needs taken car of as soon as someone gets this thing. You can see the engine, and the rust in the cylinder walls. The interior is dirty, mostly from dirty parts left on the seats, IMO they would clean up with some work as nothing seems to be ground in. The only other interior issue is the headliner is sagging pretty bad on one side. I dont remember it being like that when I parked it there, but thats been a little while now. The rust on the wheel wells is shown, not terrible but its there.

any questions just let me know.

thanks,
    clay
    Clay
    1988 LeBaron GTC Turbo

SDML Readers Rides
    C/S Registry
    Stuff For Sale

turbo addict

Poor thing has had a rough last 2 years.. Looks like a deal though.
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT] ____________________________________________ 92 Voyager LE 3.3/A604 luxury liner 185k [COLOR="Red"]"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]"It's not tyranny we desire; it's a just, limited, federal government." Alexander Hamilton[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Support our economy-BUY AMERICA: [url]http://nortonsusa.com/[/url][/COLOR]

I should buy it just for the "Grassroots Motorsports" stickers! Clay, are you a Challenger?

-Les

hehe, no, you get that sticker with a subscription. I think 3Bar_Mopar put that on there.
    Clay
    1988 LeBaron GTC Turbo

SDML Readers Rides
    C/S Registry
    Stuff For Sale

...if you know what I mean... Turbo Mopar Contributor csxtra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post
    yup, planning on bringing the GLHT. Nothing really done to it since last year. Im planning to install a set of stiff Konis in the back, and a couple other little things. Im just wanting that 12.99!!!!!!
    Be careful what you wish for...years ago I wanted the same thing from the CSX, and I ended up with a 12.999

Seriously...that 12 will happen...keep working at it and it just takes time
    Warren Hall
    "My Name is Warren and my car is an alcoholic..."
    OVC - SDAC "Our Sh*t Rolls!"
    Cincinnati, OH
    87 CSX # 741
    317WHP - 380 WFt-Lbs (STD-5)
    12.460 @ 113.2 - Race Gas + Methanol Injection
    12.749 @ 109.84 - 91 octane + Methanol Injection (Still tuning...)
    "Illegitimi non carborundum."
    -General Joseph Stillwell
    TD Runlogger Page Has Moved...

Ok, here are some pictures of the under side. Probably one of the cleanest 80s chryslers Ive ever seen!

Clay
    1988 LeBaron GTC Turbo

SDML Readers Rides
    C/S Registry
    Stuff For Sale