Page 89 of 101 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,780 of 2006

Thread: Turbonator SMEC codebase

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

Re: Turbonator SMEC codebase

I can re-try it with antilag off. I had my staging limiter set to 3k. And it didn't seem to hit it at low boost but hard to tell, 15 psi at WOT is as low as I can set the g-valve lol. I can bypass it tomorrow and try it. And yeah I can go 5k if I drive it easy.
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by ShelGame View Post
    Ok, that narrows it down at least. I wonder why it's going into launch control, but only in boost? You can for sure rev past 3500 if it's not in boost? Is 3500 where your staging RPM is set?
    Yes I can rev past 3500 no load, Its really hard to get over 3500 on mine at part throttle without boost. 3500 is where my staging limiter is set.

Do you have a switch setup for the launch control?

I use the brake switch, but that wouldn't make sense for manual cars. If you have no switch, and the SDS isn't getting a signal to the ECU, the launch control will activate while driving. I'll look at adding code to sense an SDS error and prevent launch control from working if there's no switch selected...
    I have the switch set as "cruise resume". I tried popping it in neutral and rolling down a hill and I couldn't get the staging limiter to activate so the deactivation speed is working and that isn't the issue. When sitting still the staging limiter works just like it should with the switch controlling it.
    Ian Adams Function>Form 1990 shadow scrapped, too rusty:( 1991 Spirit R/T Scrapped, parts sold:( 1989 Turbo Caravan Daily beater with built-[I]ish [/I]​engine slowly evolving into weekend turbo beater.

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Force Fed Mopar View Post
    I can re-try it with antilag off. I had my staging limiter set to 3k. And it didn't seem to hit it at low boost but hard to tell, 15 psi at WOT is as low as I can set the g-valve lol. I can bypass it tomorrow and try it. And yeah I can go 5k if I drive it easy.
    OK, let me know what that does. I'm really kind of stumped. After that, I'll just have to start disabling stuff until we find it, I guess. I did make some changes to the .asm, just to clean up a couple of things, but I didn't see anythign that would cause the launch control to come on based on boost ot while rolling. Though, like I mentioned, there is a chance the anti-lag could enable if the SDS is bad. Maybe I missed something there...
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Ok it still hits a limiter, but its hitting it at 3800-4k now, before it was hitting it around 3k, or slowing down to that when it hit. Now it pulls smooth up to 4k.
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

Ok it still hits a limiter, but its hitting it at 3800-4k now, before it was hitting it around 3k, or slowing down to that when it hit. Now it pulls smooth up to 4k.
    Hmm, that's kind of odd. Does the 4k coincide with your launch control RPM?

Can you try it one more time, this time turning off the launch control flag?

I kind of suspected it was an issue with the decel fuel cut, but it's seeming more like it really is the launch control.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Ok I'll try that later when I get back home. The 4k does not coincide with my staging limiter setting, I have it set to 3k. However 4k is what the limiter is set to by default (I assume by you) and the antilag at 2700 I think, and those do coincide with the rpm I have issues with.
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor A.J.'s Avatar

I'm having trouble with v19 and MPTune. I transfer all my adjustments to the 139 cal. Save the template. Compile it. Load the bin in my Ostrich and the van dies. This is the first time I've had this problem. Using v18 and MPTune everything worked fine.

A.J.

OK, here's a .asm to try. There were a couple of small changes, none of which I have much confidence will fix the issue. But, at least try it...

EDIT: Attachment removed...
    Last edited by ShelGame; 01-12-2013 at 12:55 PM.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

I'll try that today. First I am going to try it with the staging limiter and anti-lag turned off completely.
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

I'll try that today. First I am going to try it with the staging limiter and anti-lag turned off completely.
    Thanks, that will help narrow it down.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Tried with them both turned off, and it still had the staging limiter working at a standstill, so didn't drive on it as obviously something is wrong there. Put the cal in with 2-step and anti-lag on and compiled with the new .asm, still hits the limiter in boost between 3500-4k (not sure how accurate the stock tach is). I can run it to 4500 out of boost, then kick it into boost and the limiter engages. It will free rev to 5k while rolling with no problem.
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

Tried with them both turned off, and it still had the staging limiter working at a standstill, so didn't drive on it as obviously something is wrong there. Put the cal in with 2-step and anti-lag on and compiled with the new .asm, still hits the limiter in boost between 3500-4k (not sure how accurate the stock tach is). I can run it to 4500 out of boost, then kick it into boost and the limiter engages. It will free rev to 5k while rolling with no problem.
    OK, thanks. I think it's the decel fuel cut stuff I added in. I'll post 2 new .asm's to try later. I want to take out the decel fuel cut on one, and completely copy the SBEC code on the other.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

OK, did some testing this morning. I can induce the issue free reving it with hard thorttle. It looks like the updated PEFTBL scaling code is the culprit. Which is odd, becuase I raced on that code last summer. I'm not sure what's wrong with it now. I must have messed something up.

Anyway, Rob M./Ian - here's a new .asm to try with the stock PEFTBL code. Copy this into the folder with your template and re-compile. Unless you have your PEFTBL going over 100%, this won't effect your templates.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

turbo addict
    OK, did some testing this morning. I can induce the issue free reving it with hard thorttle. It looks like the updated PEFTBL scaling code is the culprit. Which is odd, becuase I raced on that code last summer. I'm not sure what's wrong with it now. I must have messed something up.

Anyway, Rob M./Ian - here's a new .asm to try with the stock PEFTBL code. Copy this into the folder with your template and re-compile. Unless you have your PEFTBL going over 100%, this won't effect your templates.
    Cool I'll try it tomorrow. Been driving on my v18 cal. I miss the staging limiter lol.
    Ian Adams Function>Form 1990 shadow scrapped, too rusty:( 1991 Spirit R/T Scrapped, parts sold:( 1989 Turbo Caravan Daily beater with built-[I]ish [/I]​engine slowly evolving into weekend turbo beater.

Okay will do.

Quote Originally Posted by shackwrrr View Post
    Cool I'll try it tomorrow. Been driving on my v18 cal. I miss the staging limiter lol.
    Same here lol.
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

If it's blowing past the staging limit rpm, do I need to go higher or lower on the Spark Cut Fraction? It is on the 4/5 cut right now, and the rpm climbs. Should I go to 3/7 or 3/5?
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

If it's blowing past the staging limit rpm, do I need to go higher or lower on the Spark Cut Fraction? It is on the 4/5 cut right now, and the rpm climbs. Should I go to 3/7 or 3/5?
    I had the same problem. When I was testing it yesterday, I turned the anti-lag all the way up to +4 degrees, just for the test. It still made 5psi boost, and it dodn't blow past the limiter. I couldn't get it to rev any higher than 2400 on the tach (with the rev limiter set to 2500)...

I think with a ton of anti-lag, the boost it makes will just overpower the rev limiter. So, you have to find a balance between the antilag, spark cut fraction, etc.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

turbo addict
    5/7 holds back the van at 15 psi. -7 antilag.

Negative numbers mean late timing right? As in after top dead center?

Quote Originally Posted by shackwrrr View Post
    5/7 holds back the van at 15 psi. -7 antilag.

Negative numbers mean late timing right? As in after top dead center?
    Correct.

So, it's all working correctly for you now? No cutout while driving?
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Mine is still cutting out while driving.
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC