Page 49 of 101 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999 ... LastLast

Thread: Turbonator SMEC codebase

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor turbo84voyager's Avatar

Re: Turbonator SMEC codebase

Thanks, I must have been hitting the timer then because I was never hitting 17 psi of boost. I will disable it and give it a try.
    Justin
    84 Plymouth Voyager LE 2.5 Intercooled Turbo 5-spd - Only 84 Turbo Van!
    89 Dodge Caravan ES 2.4 SRT-4 Intercooled Turbo (46 trim, OS Valves, CP Pistons, Eagle Rods, NPR IC) Built 31th trans
    91 Dodge Shadow Convertible 2.5 Intercooled Turbo A555 5-spd
    01 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - 3.8 supercharged! Only 5K miles....
    01 Subaru Forester - Daily Driver
    07 Yamaha FJR 1300 140+ HP on 2 wheels
    85 Honda Nighthawk 450
    94 Bobcat 763 Skidloader 2.2 Kubota Diesel
    SV-SDAC Member

Hybrid booster

Hi guys,
    I'm back to try some new code on my buddy's 10 sec Omni since I will be starting over with a 4 bar MAP. The car will not be running a narrowband O2 due to the 116 fuel so I need to be able to kill the O2 sensor routine. Is this possible?

Thanks,
    Chris

Edit: When I click on Primary or Secondary Ramp under Fuel O2 Controller maps, MP tuner will crash and close down. This is in the T-SMEC_22_MTX_9528_S60 cal.

Editx2: MP Tuner also crashes when I try to use map scaler from 3 bar to 4 bar.

Edit3: Had old MP rev from December. Downloaded new MP Tuner rev. MAP scaling and Pri and Sec ramping is no longer crashing. It works now.
    Last edited by Stratman; 03-19-2010 at 12:50 AM.

turbo addict

Maybe try starting with a S60 cal i hear it ignores the o2 but that is just what i heard.

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

There's an S60 template for T-SMEC now. Maybe use it as a comparison cal to see how Mopar turned off the O2 feedback...
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

...on your color TV screen... Turbo Mopar Contributor Reeves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stratman View Post
    Hi guys,
    I'm back to try some new code on my buddy's 10 sec Omni since I will be starting over with a 4 bar MAP. The car will not be running a narrowband O2 due to the 116 fuel so I need to be able to kill the O2 sensor routine. Is this possible?

Thanks,
    Chris

Edit: When I click on Primary or Secondary Ramp under Fuel O2 Controller maps, MP tuner will crash and close down. This is in the T-SMEC_22_MTX_9528_S60 cal.

Editx2: MP Tuner also crashes when I try to use map scaler from 3 bar to 4 bar.

Edit3: Had old MP rev from December. Downloaded new MP Tuner rev. MAP scaling and Pri and Sec ramping is no longer crashing. It works now.
    I have been using VP 116 and Sunoco 114 with a Denso lead resistant O2 sensor from www.sparkplugs.com and have had really good results. I haven't changed the 02 in at least 4 years.

But, I plan on feeding the factory 02 sensor feedback wire with a simulated narrowband O2 output from my Zeitronix controller for good idle and street cruising. Whenever I get around to the wiring...

James Reeves - Reeves Racing
    World's Fastest 8 Valve - 146.88 mph
    86 GLH-T 9.99 at 143.78 mph
    86 GLHS #169 Mom's - complete Super 60 car
    87 Shelby Z 14.16 Dad's - mostly stock, no sh*t!
    88 Shelby Z 13.5 - been in storage for 15 years
    03 SRT-4 12.24 Mom's
    07 Charger 5.7L 12.48 Dad's

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by Reeves View Post
    I have been using VP 116 and Sunoco 114 with a Denso lead resistant O2 sensor from www.sparkplugs.com and have had really good results. I haven't changed the 02 in at least 4 years.

But, I plan on feeding the factory 02 sensor feedback wire with a simulated narrowband O2 output from my Zeitronix controller for good idle and street cruising. Whenever I get around to the wiring...
    Thanks for the info on the O2 Reeves! I can feed the LM-1 to the ecu, but this car only sees the drag strip so I just like to set a steady smooth A/F ratio for the little time it spends at idle. Though...this may be good for my CSX since I like to run it down the highway every once in a while.

MP Tuner looks soooo great for usability it's unbelievable! I found the O2 ramp differences between stock and the S60 which are way easier to set in MP tuner and look as simple as zeroing all the ramps out, much like tuning the megasquirt.

Thanks for posting these updated files guys.... We'll see if we can turn the 10 into a 9 in the 1/4.

Thanks for the info on the O2 Reeves! I can feed the LM-1 to the ecu, but this car only sees the drag strip so I just like to set a steady smooth A/F ratio for the little time it spends at idle. Though...this may be good for my CSX since I like to run it down the highway every once in a while.

MP Tuner looks soooo great for usability it's unbelievable! I found the O2 ramp differences between stock and the S60 which are way easier to set in MP tuner and look as simple as zeroing all the ramps out, much like tuning the megasquirt.

Thanks for posting these updated files guys.... We'll see if we can turn the 10 into a 9 in the 1/4.

There's also MAP and RPM limits for the adaptives. You want to make sure you set those to 0xff to disable the adaptives.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by ShelGame View Post
    There's also MAP and RPM limits for the adaptives. You want to make sure you set those to 0xff to disable the adaptives.
    Thanks for the tip Rob. Is there anyone else here running with a 4 bar rescale who's had any issues?

...on your color TV screen... Turbo Mopar Contributor Reeves's Avatar

Thanks for the tip Rob. Is there anyone else here running with a 4 bar rescale who's had any issues?
    I'm running 4 bar on the OMNI, but it's on LM not SMEC.

James Reeves - Reeves Racing
    World's Fastest 8 Valve - 146.88 mph
    86 GLH-T 9.99 at 143.78 mph
    86 GLHS #169 Mom's - complete Super 60 car
    87 Shelby Z 14.16 Dad's - mostly stock, no sh*t!
    88 Shelby Z 13.5 - been in storage for 15 years
    03 SRT-4 12.24 Mom's
    07 Charger 5.7L 12.48 Dad's

Hybrid booster

Does anyone know how well the anti-lag works on an A413 car as it's spooling on the brakes?

Hybrid booster

Rob,
    I'm using the S60 Turbonator code in the Omni now and want the ecu to start controling the boost. Is the stock 88 T2 boost solenoid setup what I need? For some reason I remember talk about having to use a T1 setup to run your older code.

No, you need the T1 setup even with the S60 template. The template is the cal data for everything except the boost control. The boost control in T-SMEC is a modified version of the '89 T1 boost control.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Hybrid booster

Ok, that would explain why I couldn't get the boost control to work right. Is there a diagram of the 89 control? Different solenoid than T2? Thanks a million for the help Rob...

Hybrid booster

I found this. Is the factory diagram on the right correct and does it use the same solenoid?
    Last edited by Stratman; 03-21-2010 at 01:16 PM.

Yes, it's correct. You can use either the T2 or T1 solenoids. You just need to amke sure that the solenoid is setup so that the line to the WGA is closed when the solenoid is not powered. And open to atomsphere when the solenoid is powered. I have the T2 sol in my Daytona and it works fine wit hthe T1 boost control. I have the T1 solenoid in the van, which obviously also works...
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Hybrid booster

We tested the stage limter on the A-413 Omni and it works great even under the load on the brakes.
    Couple of questions:
    Does the anti-lag routine stop when the stage rev limiter routine reaches stage limiter cut off speed? I have set the staging limiter to brake switch and for some reason we can not yet find why the ecu sees the brake pedal always pressed so I'm relying on stage limit MPH cut off to pull it out of anti-lag when it reaches speed. It it confirmed stage limiter does stop after cut MPH is reached.
    Also, I chaged the wg hose routing to be controlled like the T1 setup (from comp housing nipple to yellow orifice to vacuum t to wg diaphram to closed port of the T2 solenoid when no power is applied). Even with the boost targets and everything else I can find for boost at a max of 7 psi it still shot up to 27 psi. Confirmed the wg solenoid was definately working. The wg arm was tightened to achieve 30 psi boost. Maybe I just won't be able to run lower boost and have wg setup to make it to 30 psi??

We tested the stage limter on the A-413 Omni and it works great even under the load on the brakes.
    Couple of questions:
    Does the anti-lag routine stop when the stage rev limiter routine reaches stage limiter cut off speed? I have set the staging limiter to brake switch and for some reason we can not yet find why the ecu sees the brake pedal always pressed so I'm relying on stage limit MPH cut off to pull it out of anti-lag when it reaches speed. It it confirmed stage limiter does stop after cut MPH is reached.
    Also, I chaged the wg hose routing to be controlled like the T1 setup (from comp housing nipple to yellow orifice to vacuum t to wg diaphram to closed port of the T2 solenoid when no power is applied). Even with the boost targets and everything else I can find for boost at a max of 7 psi it still shot up to 27 psi. Confirmed the wg solenoid was definately working. The wg arm was tightened to achieve 30 psi boost. Maybe I just won't be able to run lower boost and have wg setup to make it to 30 psi??
    If you tightened the WG so that it doesn't open until 30psi, then the WG solenod can't open it at 7psi. If need to have thw WGA set so that it will open at 7psi. The WG solenoid is then duty cycled so that the WGA only 'sees' the boost necessary to control to the setpoint.

Anti-lag doesn't work only on the staging limiter - it works any time you are at WOT...
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanman²'s Avatar

Does anyone know how well the anti-lag works on an A413 car as it's spooling on the brakes?
    Works awesome, I turned it off playing around and couldn't get my turbo to spool at the track,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by ShelGame View Post
    Anti-lag doesn't work only on the staging limiter - it works any time you are at WOT...
    What triggers the Anti-lag on and off?

What triggers the Anti-lag on and off?
    WOT only. If you have the option tuned on, it always works at WOT. Our ECU considers anything over ~75% throttle to be WOT, FWIW.

But, Anti-Lag may not be what you think it is. All I'm doing is pulling timing based on how far from boost target you are. The farther away, the more timing pulled.

In theory, this would create the 'bang-bang' type sound when reving in beutral. But, the staging limiter uses the stock rev limit code - it simply lowers the rev limit temporarily. The stock rev-limiter is a fuel-cut(not a spark-cut), so you don't get that.

I've been working on a way to have the option of either a fuel-cut or spark-cut. I think the spark-cut will give better RPM holding when staging. Plus, it will give you the 'bang-bang' type anti-lag when staging...
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki