Page 2 of 101 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Turbonator SMEC codebase

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

Re: Turbonator SMEC codebase

It builds boost by allowing the fuel to burn in the manifold rather than the combustion chamber.

It pulls up to 16deg of timing based on the delta to boost target; if you're in vac, the boost target is set to 0 normally, so you'd get no anti-lag.
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Stratman View Post
    Thanks Rob,
    I remember having this problem years ago. I forgot to include the ChemAsmSMEC and Ezlink files in the folder.
    It works now, but it gives me this:
    ?ASxxxx-Error-<q> in line 2367 of Turbonator_SMEC_v11.asm
    <q> missing or improper operators, terminators, or delimiters
    do a search in the .asm file for this label:
    HIGHM2_ColdLoadFromCoolantTemp2

on point 5 there is an extra comma after the last data byte (0x00):
    .byte 0xc7, 0x00, ; point 5

try deleting the comma and rerunning.

Hybrid booster

That was it. Problem fixed. Thanks.
    This happened when changing the MTX bit in the assembly file which makes sense due to the comma being under the "if MTX" lines.
    Last edited by Stratman; 03-18-2008 at 04:03 PM.

Hybrid booster

Would there be a problem to change the flags in D-Cal and tune it with zChem2? I looks like it should work ok to me.

Hybrid booster

Someone needs to post some video of the anti lag in action on the TD cars.

Would there be a problem to change the flags in D-Cal and tune it with zChem2? I looks like it should work ok to me.
    Yes, that will work fine...
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

turbo addict

Someone needs to post some video of the anti lag in action on the TD cars.
    agreed

Hybrid booster

It looks like I actually got the LM_V6 to work correctly after changing the MTX option. Since I got the new Daytona I tried to create the SMEC MTX v11 cal tonight. No matter what I did it would continuously crash D-Cal even after trying to fix all the known problem stated in this thread. I tried to save in CHEM1 which worked for the LM code but not the SMEC MTX I assembled. Any thoughts?

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

hmm - after making the changes posted in 14,16 and 22 it worked for me with d-cal. i also flipped the switch for mtx and recompiled and d-cal read it in ok, then flipped the switch for 3 bar, recompiled and d-cal read it in ok. does it work when you flip those two switches to the other settings? also in post 14 did you modify all 4 items mentioned or just the first 2? i fixed all 4. ????

have you modified the smec .asm in other ways?

Hybrid booster

Holy crap! I have been running on D-Cal 1.14. Using D-cal 1.20 worked.

Hybrid booster

Nice. It works! Boost will hit 10 psi with the 3500 rev limiter on a stock T2 turbo. While playing around I think I smelled the cat burning.
    Rob, does the "Park/Neutral" switch in the cal work with the manual trans with the clutch engaged? My clutch switch isn't working right now so I couldn't check. If it works that way I'll fix it.

Hmm, I'm not sure. You'll need to check a wiring diagram to see if the clutch switch goes into the same input on the 60-way as the P/N switch.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Hybrid booster

I believe it's the same. Seems that would be the way to do it. Too bad there is something wrong with mine to try it.

I'm getting v12 ready to go. It will have a 2.2 build option with all of the values converted from the '89T2 cal (well, some fudged using the VNT cal since it's about as closely related).

Any other requests/suggestions/comments before I release v12?

Any specific requests for added functionality?
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

OK, v12 is now posted. Look at the 1st post for the download.

I added a 2.2 build option and calibration values from the 2.2 T2 cal (plus a little from the VNT where applicable). And, I fixed an error I had in the anti-lag that would lookup the wrong value.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Hi, being quite new to this type of work I have started playing around with ladybug60 and finally had the balls to use a socketed smec logicboard I bought a while a go from a user here and burnt my first chip. Amazingly it worked at the first go.

Now I have studied your v12 basecal and have built a T2 version of it.

From what I understand your initial code was based on ladybug, am I right? Now I am quite keen on using your version after all for the features of switchable boost and the staging mod, which seems amazingly thought through.

After I scaled your cal for my +40 injectors using chem2 I compared my ladybug built with the built of your cal.

Obviously there are things which I am far off from understanding.
    However, one thing I noticed - and maybe there is an easy way to explain this:

Apart from the obvious differences in options I noticed that the FullThrottleWastegateDutyCycle_C8is100Percent_From Map graph was completely oposite in your cal to the same one in ladybug60. Grafically speaking it is like a mirror image.

The same extreme I noticed with FanTurnsOnWhenBatteryTempAboveThis (yours -151.48 and mine at 57) and FanTurnsOnWhenMapAboveBaroPlusThis (yours at 43.93psi mine at 3.x)

The fan schedule thing I think I even understand so far, as you have set the battery temp so low that it has no other option to turn on so my guess was you did not want to depend on the boost for the schedule (for the fact that you have 2 boost settings) - well that was my interpretation.

My comments are after all an intent to learn something. I am far away from being able to put constructive comments! But it would really interest me to understand how to explain those differences.

Hope you don't mind me asking, after all I really apreciate your work!!!!
    Let's play cars.....:bump2: [URL="http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2909181"]Visit my ride[/URL] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by MopàrBCN View Post
    Hi, being quite new to this type of work I have started playing around with ladybug60 and finally had the balls to use a socketed smec logicboard I bought a while a go from a user here and burnt my first chip. Amazingly it worked at the first go.

Now I have studied your v12 basecal and have built a T2 version of it.

From what I understand your initial code was based on ladybug, am I right? Now I am quite keen on using your version after all for the features of switchable boost and the staging mod, which seems amazingly thought through.
    No, this was originally based on the '89 2.5 T1 code. Ladybug was based on the '89 T2, which was an evolution of the original '87 code. There are a lot of essential differences in the code and how it works. There are many similarities as well, however.

After I scaled your cal for my +40 injectors using chem2 I compared my ladybug built with the built of your cal.

Obviously there are things which I am far off from understanding.
    However, one thing I noticed - and maybe there is an easy way to explain this:

Apart from the obvious differences in options I noticed that the FullThrottleWastegateDutyCycle_C8is100Percent_From Map graph was completely oposite in your cal to the same one in ladybug60. Grafically speaking it is like a mirror image.
    That's because the boost control in the '89 T1 is different from the T2. The T1 is a 'bleed' control while the T2 is a 'signal' control. The effect is the duty cycle is reversed at the solenoid, and so the tables look like mirror images of each other. I'm thinking I'll add in the T2 style boost control as an option for a later version. VNT boost control is even theoretically possible.

The same extreme I noticed with FanTurnsOnWhenBatteryTempAboveThis (yours -151.48 and mine at 57) and FanTurnsOnWhenMapAboveBaroPlusThis (yours at 43.93psi mine at 3.x)

The fan schedule thing I think I even understand so far, as you have set the battery temp so low that it has no other option to turn on so my guess was you did not want to depend on the boost for the schedule (for the fact that you have 2 boost settings) - well that was my interpretation.
    Not sure there. Though, again, the code is different. So, comparing values with the same name is not always an apples-to-apples comparison.

EDIT: I remember now. Those are for turning the fan on when in boost to increase the effectiveness of the I/C. If you're running an I/C, you can change those to match the T2 values. I'll do the same to the cal data for the next (v13) release. They're set that way in the 2.5 code because it (obviously) had no I/C from the factory.

My comments are after all an intent to learn something. I am far away from being able to put constructive comments! But it would really interest me to understand how to explain those differences.

Hope you don't mind me asking, after all I really apreciate your work!!!!
    Not at all!
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Hey, THANKS for your comments! Glad I asked!

I will test your code this weekend. Saturday is circle track day...
    For sure here you have a T2 Test Daytona. I'll let you know how I get on!

PS: I will have to postpone testing, since I blew my lower intercooler hose....
    Last edited by MopàrBCN; 04-26-2008 at 09:23 AM.
    Let's play cars.....:bump2: [URL="http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2909181"]Visit my ride[/URL] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi, today I had my first day with your v13 cal.

I refer to the Turbo II Build of this cal!

The changes I did:
    -First of all I scaled it using Chem2 to use my +40 Injectors.

-The Fan Values were changed to those of the TII Ladybug60 Basecal and
    -the same I did for the Wastegatedutycycle Values. (see comments in earlier posting)
    -ConstantSparkAdvanceWhenSettingMinThrottleOpening was changed from
    6º to 12º (I am honest, not sure why I did it, but I figured that I did...)

-Finally I lowerd BoostFromTime from 20PSI to 18PSI and raised the LowBoost Settings to 13PSI.

Beforehand: I think I screwed up a bit on the initial setting. Before posting this I re-checked what I have in D-Cal and figured, that I have forgotten to set any of the initial flags. So this may explain some of the problems I figured during driving.

Since I am reporting here about a Cal I should really mention my SetUp. What's good for me may not be good for someone else!!!!!

So here we go: 89 Daytona Turbo II. Hardware BONE STOCK. The only modifications are: 3 Bar Map, Wallbro 255l/h Fuelpump, +40 Injectors, 3 inch Exhaust and a Fidanza Flywheel. Throttlebody, Intake, Airbox, Intercooler, Turbo ALL STOCK!

Bearing in mind, that I had a Ladybug60 build installed until today I will naturally compare a bit to this.

1. Start Up/Cold Idle:
    Perfect! The car started up right away. Here I noticed a big difference to my Ladybug build, that the car idled smooth right away. My Ladybug60 built had at cold a pretty unstable idle.

2. Warm Idle:
    Here I was running into problems. Meanwhile the cold idle was perfect, once the car warmed up the idle got up to 2000 RPM and later fell to 1500RPM. This was constantly like this. I did not get any lower idle. Even after a good bit of driving.

Possible Reasons:
    -I did not check any of the options available, so I suppose it ignored the charge temperature sensor.
    -Maybe the fact that I changed this ConstantSparkAdvanceWhenSettingMinThrottleOpening from 6º to 12º??

Observation: When pressing the A/C Button (AC is currently disabled in the options section) when "off", IDLE was stable at 1500 when "on" it got up to 2000. The behavior itself I view correct. Just was surprised that it evaluated the switch button apart that AC was disabled.

3. Driving, Cruise/Part Throttle:
    Since I forgot to set the Options I suppose it permanently set the "Low Boost" - Settings. I am not 100% sure. Reading my boost gauge I got top readings of 15-16PSI which is in turn a good bit less then what I got with Ladybug which was set at 18PSI so I suppose yes, it has the low boost settings as default.

Generally I noticed a big improvement to the Ladybug built I was using, especially when doing slow acceleration. Those were smooth and yet very responsive. My Ladybug built was very unstable when accelarating slowly, causing sporadic fuel cuts. Here I only senced one, but it was so quick that I could not check the RPM Gauge to see when it happened.

4. Full Throttle
    Good!!! The car pulled away like you would expect from a spory car. It was like this impressive, and I can not wait seeing what I get when having switchable boost!!!

5. A/F
    Here I want to be carefull since I do not have a Wideband Installed. The plugs are saying that it is slightly rich, (as far as you can say this after 90 miles of driving). I am using 98 Fuel, which here is widely available. The A/F Gauge I am using putting it as rich in full throttle. I am happy with this for the time being.

All in all: Besides the high idle my first impression is positive!

For your convenience I have uploaded my current edit!

Note: Here I have configured the config variables as well as that I have re-set the ConstantSparkAdvanceWhenSettingMinThrottleOpening value to 6º as it was in your initial build.

I will give this one a long distance test when I take the car up to Germany next week. This will be a total of 2500 miles with a good deal of high speed driving.

Ps: Seem to not understand how the uploads work, here another try:

PPS: More observations:

1. Warm Idle:
    It seems to improve. Maybe this time the AIS Learning takes more time then I experienced before. So for the time being, I withdraw the comment about the idling. Today it idled fine when in gear and the clutch pressed. However it remained high in neutral.

2. Cruising:
    There is an issue cruising at round 55mph with slight throttle in 5th gear. At around 2000 RPM until rd. 2500 RPM it misses frequently. It seems to be constantly repeating this miss as to something like every 20 seconds. Can't explain this. It is noticable but at the same time it is not strong.

3. Cruise Control:
    The Cruise Control Does not work

4. MPG Info:
    It seems that the trigger impulse for the MPG Info did not get scaled to the +40% injectors. 38 MPG would be great but...

5. CODES
    I think those are normal but just for the record: I get this famous 62 (and have counted right!) followed by a 53.

QUESTION:

Yesterday I felt I was in Low Boost Mode. However, today doing some short Full Throttle Accelerations I got up to 18PSI of boost. Always!

Is the high boost automatically triggered when in full throttle? Or could it be that your cal defaults to high boost with no options set?

Anyway, before doing more with a setup I already know that I have not set it up right I will change chips today.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by MopàrBCN; 04-28-2008 at 06:52 AM.

Page 2 of 101 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast