Page 11 of 101 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: Turbonator SMEC codebase

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: Turbonator SMEC codebase

Exactly!

And just to go sure I tried the chip as it was before the change this morning and cruising quality was worse isntantly. The only change being this what I did. Otherwise I wouldn't have it posted!

The misses during cruising at a constant speed aren't eliminated though, it only got notably better.

The problem itself is definetly a part/slight throttle problem. it occurs whenever the engine is warmed up and either cruising at slight throttle OR accelerating slightly. It get's nearly eliminated when Antilag is off. But even then there are occasion where this problem occurs -but less frequent.

I can absolutely assure you that this problem does not occur at all when I use any ladybug build, so it is not a problem with my car (I was thinking that maybe I had a fuel pump issue).
    Let's play cars.....:bump2: [URL="http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2909181"]Visit my ride[/URL] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

OK, I finaly got my car out of the garage again (first time since SDAC! ) and I confirmed there is a bad misfire. I get it at WOT going down the track (with anti-lag dis-abled!). Not good. So, I'll try to figure out what the cause is, fix it, and post up v15 as soon as I can. I have a few re-cals to do, so at least I have a little pressure to get it done.

I absolutely did NOT have this issue with v13. I raced that code at SDAC and never had a mis-fire like this.

EDIT: Oh yeah. I tried the 2-step for the first time while racing and have to say I didn't like it at all. Too much rpm variation (~800rpm). I'm going to think about a way to change the rev limiter to a spark cut instead of the stock fuel cut. I think that RPM will be more responsive to spark cut; that will make the limiter more accurate...
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

I've been wondering about this for awhile, and just thought I'd bring it up.
    In the v14 .asm file, you say "Since there is no ATX 2.2 factory cals, building a 2.2 ATX may need some tweaking. When applicable, I used the ATX values even for the 2.2 build, but many values are simply undefined for a 2.2 ATX build. Use at your own risk!"

The '88 TI's, including the ATX cars were 2.2. I haven't seen a .bin for one anywhere though. I may have the SMEC out of one of those cars laying around. If I can find it and make a positive ID, would it be of any use to you to help with the 2.2/ATX issues?

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Hanna View Post
    I've been wondering about this for awhile, and just thought I'd bring it up.
    In the v14 .asm file, you say "Since there is no ATX 2.2 factory cals, building a 2.2 ATX may need some tweaking. When applicable, I used the ATX values even for the 2.2 build, but many values are simply undefined for a 2.2 ATX build. Use at your own risk!"

The '88 TI's, including the ATX cars were 2.2. I haven't seen a .bin for one anywhere though. I may have the SMEC out of one of those cars laying around. If I can find it and make a positive ID, would it be of any use to you to help with the 2.2/ATX issues?

Tony
    Yeah, it would. That's one of the .bin's I don't have either. Another good one would be the 2.2 T2 Auto cal from a Masi TC.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

If anyone is willing to do a bit of experimenting, I have a theory for the misfire.

Build 2 cals:

1) No cal options enabled. CE Flash, switchable boost, 2-step, etc. all turned off in the cal. Just a stock cal, but setup for your car (injectors, MAP, etc.). Give it a drive and note any misfires.

2) Turn on as many options as you can - except for the high-speed logger. Even the shift light one. Don't worry about hooking up a light. I just want the code to run. Actually, I want as much code as possible to run. Give it a drive and note any misfires.

My theory is that with the new code modules, the main loop cannot finish in the 11ms time period required. I don't really know if this is it, and I kind of doubt it. The new code isn't any longer than the EGR routine (actually much shorter), and I doubt any of us are using that routine. But, it's a possibility that should be looked at.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

turbo addict

a couple questions for anyone running this:

1. How to turn up the boost cutout to not cut out at 14psi like the factory cal? and set it to cut out at say 22psi something.

2. How come other cars i hear with antilag have a big bang noise, is this cause they retard the timing more and fully 'blow up' the fuel in the exhaust? if so how can i adjust this, do i adjust "antiLagRetardfromBoostGoalDelta" since it has psi on x axis and the amount of retard on Y axis.

Great cal rob, i love the antilag and 2 step sounds freaking sweet I'll have to post a video for people one of these days. Thanks guys

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor zin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShelGame View Post
    Yeah, it would. That's one of the .bin's I don't have either. Another good one would be the 2.2 T2 Auto cal from a Masi TC.
    OK, who's going to ask Alan?

Mike

PS Been following this thread for awhile, I'm very impressed with it (the cal) and once I'm to the point of burning my own, I plan to use it. Lucky for me that will likely be a few months, do you think that will be enough time to work out all the bugs? Keep up the good work guys!
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.
    - Edmund Burke

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

If anyone is willing to do a bit of experimenting, I have a theory for the misfire.

Build 2 cals:

1) No cal options enabled. CE Flash, switchable boost, 2-step, etc. all turned off in the cal. Just a stock cal, but setup for your car (injectors, MAP, etc.). Give it a drive and note any misfires.

2) Turn on as many options as you can - except for the high-speed logger. Even the shift light one. Don't worry about hooking up a light. I just want the code to run. Actually, I want as much code as possible to run. Give it a drive and note any misfires.

My theory is that with the new code modules, the main loop cannot finish in the 11ms time period required. I don't really know if this is it, and I kind of doubt it. The new code isn't any longer than the EGR routine (actually much shorter), and I doubt any of us are using that routine. But, it's a possibility that should be looked at.

rob - where does the 11ms calc come from?

Quote Originally Posted by wowzer View Post
    rob - where does the 11ms calc come from?
    I calculated it from the value used to setup the timer/counter that controls the interrupt for the main loop. Not sure why they used 11ms (I mean, why not 10ms?), but it's pretty common with the Chrysler computers. Even up thru the T3 and Mex SBEC-2 cals, there's always an 11ms main loop (at least portions of it are 11ms).
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

I'll look. The SMEC would have been out of my old '88 Pacifica. It went back and forth between being an auto and a 5 spd a couple times. If the auto SMEC wasn't in the car when John traded it off, then it should still be around. I just need to disassemble them and figure out which one it is.

What would I be looking for to ID it as an '88 TI?

These are the P/N's that I KNOW are 88 T1 Auto. I'm sure there are others though.

Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

turbo addict

I've got my stock 88 CSX-T computer sitting on my workbench. If it would help you I could send it to you?

Quote Originally Posted by badandy View Post
    I've got my stock 88 CSX-T computer sitting on my workbench. If it would help you I could send it to you?
    Auto? That would be the cal to have. I could suck out the cal with D-Cal without even pulling the chip...
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

I thought the CSX-T's were all TI/5spd.

turbo addict

It is indeed 5 speed. I thought I remembered you saying at one point you wanted to take a look at it because the 88 CSX-T cal was different in some way

turbo addict

Im running this cal right now, and it works great rob, 2 big thumbs up

I'm running a 2.5intercooled, 40+s, stock Garrett turbo, set to 20psi, TI style computer controlled boost and e85 fuel. Now i have a couple questions, what is the best way to advance the timing to take advantage of e85, should i just move the dist. to 13-14 degrees, or should i adjust the timing tables in the cal, if so how far do you think, just a couple degrees(1-2)? I do not have an egt gauge so that might cause some issues, i do have a wideband though, zeitronix, I have the fueling dialed also.

Another question the first tim ei ran the cal on e85 my low boost setting was at 15psi, when i would press the ac button it would go to 8, no biggy since i just wanted it to be set at low boost, but now the other night it would boost all the way to 20psi.

What do you think?

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Hi, @Rob, I want to re-raise the "miss" issue. I did your suggestion this weekend on trying one with all switched off and one with as much as possible switched on.

It feels it gets better when all is off after all antilag. But without Antilag it's no fun as said earlier.

And I even think it is more a guess than fact that it gets better like this.

The only really hard data I can give you is this:

The miss occures always and ONLY when the car is getting hot (as in temperature in the middle of the temp scale). And then notably under slight throttle acceleration but as well when quickly changing driving habbit (cruising in 4th and suddenly accelerating without changing gear).

This is all I can say right now. Other then this the cal is perfect. I never came close to it's performance with anything else otherwise.

But even my wife notices that it has this "fault".
    Let's play cars.....:bump2: [URL="http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2909181"]Visit my ride[/URL] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hybrid booster

Patiently waiting for an SBEC version.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Patiently waiting for an SBEC version.....
    Yeah, yeah. It's coming. I want to get the issues out of this code first, so I don't duplicate the errors in the SBEC and T3 versions...
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Hybrid booster

No problem. Awesome work you do, Rob. I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.