Page 98 of 101 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101 LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,960 of 2006

Thread: Turbonator SMEC codebase

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

Re: Turbonator SMEC codebase

Quote Originally Posted by going4speed View Post

Is there any harm in scaling the stage 2 for 3 bar map and +20's then up the boost to say 16 psi? I think there are things in stage 2 I like better than stage 3.
    No harm in trying, but that's essentially what the Stg 3 is.

What 3bar MAP are you using? eBay 3 bar? They're not scaled the same as the GM sensor they claim to be. Its possible to fix the cal for them, but you'll need to measure the voltage at several pressures so it can be setup.
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

boostaholic

the map is from cindy so I would assume its a good one. Is there how-to somewhere on how to check the map sensor for the correct output? On the flip side where can I get a known good output 3 bar?

turbo addict

It involves a little bit of work but this is the cheapest yet one of the most accurate. It's also of OEM quality.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...ght=map+sensor
    Ian Adams Function>Form 1990 shadow scrapped, too rusty:( 1991 Spirit R/T Scrapped, parts sold:( 1989 Turbo Caravan Daily beater with built-[I]ish [/I]​engine slowly evolving into weekend turbo beater.

boostaholic

car is setup with +20 and 3 bar map. want to set boost to 12psi currently. How do I or do I need to adjust the timing somehow to get the best power for 12 psi?

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Compare your timing with the 89 2.2 MP timing. The 89 MP stuff is very aggressive.

Hybrid booster

+2 Cordes, it's about 6° more advanced in some places over the stock 2.2 cals and as much as 14° in the higher RPM

I'm using the caliber MAP sensor in my car and it works fine. I even pulled a matching plug from the junk yard, wired it in and plugged in the new sensor.
    MAP sensors can be tested with a volt meter ( $4 from harbor freight for the el cheapo )
    http://injector-rehab.com/shop/mapsensor.html has a good voltage per PSI chart.
    Basically a 2 bar map is something like 2.2 - 2.3 v at key on engine off ( 14.7 ambient pressure ) and my 3 bar map is right at 1.63v at ambient pressure.

I also noticed the cals being a little different from each other ( version to version and part num to part num ) . One table my have an extra point or one less point.
    After trying about 20 different cals I'll say that find one that your car likes and tweak that one to suite your needs.
    From my experience, even taking another cal and putting in your EXACT settings could produce different behavior.
    Keep in mind that some settings are for safety, the cars safety. For example, limiting boost based on RPM helps save the clutch from a low RPM high boost clutch BBQ. Knowing what a setting is for and why it's set that way can save lots of $ and headaches.

Oh and a friendly reminder for everyone ( myself included ) . Don't rush it. take your time, your engine will thank you with safe HP!
    I don't know your level of expertise so this may or may not apply to you.

boostaholic

running an omni boost 3 bar map. Best $95 I spent on this car so far. car runs so much better with this map sensor. I just have bad leak down on cylinder 2 so I am trying get the most mile out of the car while still keeping it sort of fun.

As to experience well there is very little I can't do to a car.
    Have all the chip burners etc but I'm new to the tuning side of things.

Is there a good place to find the mp computer timing curves?

turbo addict

Is there a good place to find the mp computer timing curves?
    The first page of the thread you're on.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...-SMEC-codebase

running an omni boost 3 bar map. Best $95 I spent on this car so far. car runs so much better with this map sensor.
    It's different from the one you were using in your previous post?
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

boostaholic

I had a fwd performance one on there. I think it has the 0.5 to 5 volt deal. The omni power does not.

The car idles so much better with the omni power map. Night and day.

Quote Originally Posted by ShelGame View Post
    It's different from the one you were using in your previous post?

I had a fwd performance one on there. I think it has the 0.5 to 5 volt deal. The omni power does not.

The car idles so much better with the omni power map. Night and day.
    I have one of those 'bad' MAP sensors. I'm going to measure it and post the info on the wiki about how to detect them.

There is a way to calibrate around the voltage issue. But, it will require measuring your sensors voltage vs. MAP readings. So, you need a way to generate vacuum and pressure, and supply the sensor with 5v.
    Last edited by ShelGame; 02-08-2015 at 11:36 AM.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

turbo addict

So what TPL file should I start with if I have an 89 T2 5spd setup?? I was looking at the 553 cal and I don't have the Auto trans bit checked but if I go to settings/cal information/engine-trans type it is set for 2.5 T1/T3 Manual.

The only selection there is 2.2 T2 Auto.

Quote Originally Posted by GLHNSLHT2 View Post
    So what TPL file should I start with if I have an 89 T2 5spd setup?? I was looking at the 553 cal and I don't have the Auto trans bit checked but if I go to settings/cal information/engine-trans type it is set for 2.5 T1/T3 Manual.

The only selection there is 2.2 T2 Auto.
    Don't worry about the engine trans type byte. Its really only used by the DRBII. The reason there's no T2 manual is because there was never a fully DRBII T2 cal. They were all DRBI and didn't support that function.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

Just an fyi for those making their own T1 cal, all the T-SMEC cals (except Super 60 obviously) are scaled for T2 34lb injectors. So make sure you scale for 27lb injectors when building a cal using stock T1 injectors.
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD

Garrett booster

Hopefully I am asking this in the right place. I have recently socketed my SMEC and am running an Ostrich until I get things finalized.

I put SRT high impedance injectors in yesterday. It runs great with them however I now get a constant CEL and code 26 for Injection Bank 1 Peak Current not Achieved as well as 26 Injection Bank 2 Peak Current not Achieved

In MPTune I un checked the "Injector Fault" flag under Setup > Cal config > Power Loss Light Mask 2.

Am I missing something or should this flag eliminate the CEL for the injectors?

Thanks!

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

i think that should do it.

did you try it yet?

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Am I correct in assuming that if you check the box seen in the linked post, you won't get the code for that item when you pull the codes, and it won't illuminate the CEL? This is from TLM. If I'm correct, why isn't the SMEC documented in the same way? Do we not know what's what there?

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...=1#post1138428

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    Am I correct in assuming that if you check the box seen in the linked post, you won't get the code for that item when you pull the codes, and it won't illuminate the CEL? This is from TLM. If I'm correct, why isn't the SMEC documented in the same way? Do we not know what's what there?
    Last time I did it, all it did was to shut off the CEL light, code were still in the ECU and won't clear.

Interesting. I could easily live with it just shutting off the CEL. I still wonder why the info is there for the LM, but not the SMEC.

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

Compare the tpl and the asm for those locations and see if they are defined differently in t-lm and t-smec.

I'd look but I don't have my files with me.

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.