Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hemi Ram - feedback?

Bad Mother Flecker Turbo Mopar Staff fleckster's Avatar

Re: Hemi Ram - feedback?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbodave View Post
    All the new 3/4 tons at the dealership I stopped at the other day had Michelins on them (and 44k plus window stickers )
    ...then minus the roughly $6000 I can save you plus the $4000 in incentives...might be somewhat reasonable then.

John M. Fleck

'83 Dodge Rampage 2.2 w/ 2.5L Turbo 14.79@94
    '87 Shelby Lancer #213 14.99@94
    '89 Chrysler LeBaron GT Turbo 'vert 15.88@92
    '92 Dodge Spirit R/T 13.50@104 ; 13.34@102 on slicks
    '98 Dodge Neon R/T 15.66@89
    '03 Dodge SRT-4 13.91@98

two point two much fun Turbo Mopar Staff Turbodave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fleckster View Post
    ...then minus the roughly $6000 I can save you plus the $4000 in incentives...might be somewhat reasonable then.
    Your number is in my phone if I decide to go that route
    Dave Tekampe
    Director SDAC National
    VP SDAC-Chicago

85 GLH-Turbo (DC intercooled)
    86 GLHS #107
    87 GLHS #148
    87 CSX #161, #608, #674
    88 CSX-T #529, #541
    89 Shadow Competition Package and lots more...

Hybrid booster

here's your truck Dave, just so happens to be a board member too.

THUNDER ROAD BEOTCH!!!!!

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor Shadow's Avatar

Any of you Hemi truck guys try a superchips tuner yet? My 04 4x4 1500 gets about 14mpg towing a 20' flatdeck with 3000lb vehicle and about 18 empty (hwy). I'm thinking about getting the superchips, supposed to clean up the shifting of the auto and get slightly better mileage.

Robert Mclellan
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wambNdfnu5M
    10.04 @ 143.28mph (144.82 highest mph)
    Worlds fastest 8v MTX Shelby Charger
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!
    New clutch combo is the SH!T!

turbo addict

I havn't tried any of the tuners but you are doing pretty good with 14 mpg towing a full trailer. I am lucky to get that with my car on a dolly. Adding a tonneau cover increased my hwy mpg 1 -1.5 mpg to 19 or just over.

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor Shadow's Avatar

Ya, the toneu is next on my list. Good to hear it did something! (other than the obvious, storage) I fixed the restriction in the merge of the factory exhaust, took out the big muffler in the middle and the 2 1/2-2 3/4" pipe and replaced it with 3" and a straight through 3" resonator. I left the 3" factory tailpipe with the little muffler and it just has the slightest "note" difference when cruising and idling, but it comes to life a little more when your excelerating! My tow mileage seems to be a couple miles/gallon better, hense the 14. I haven't had a chance to see how it will be unloaded just yet.

Robert Mclellan
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wambNdfnu5M
    10.04 @ 143.28mph (144.82 highest mph)
    Worlds fastest 8v MTX Shelby Charger
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!
    New clutch combo is the SH!T!

boostaholic

The tonneau cover helped mine out a little, about 1 mpg. I got the Snug top tonneau with the keyless remote. It is pretty easy to take off and a lot lighter than some others I've had so it is easy to pick up with 2 people.

turbo addict

Hey Dave, don't know if your still looking too much but if you get the right truck I would not hesitate to get one with 30k miles. Those are generally the best deals out there so you don't get raped buying new and like I said you can get a nice one. A guy I grew up with bought one from michigan that was a one owner 03 quad cab 4x4 and the thing was absolutely mint. I could not tell the difference and I'm pretty anal when it comes to the condition of an expensive vehicle. I think he gave 23 for it about 3 years ago and its never gave him any hassles. He got the 4.7 though which DOES NOT have enough power for towing, as he compared to his dads 93 GMC sierra in terms of power. To each is own but I do think the newer rams are one of the best riding and driving trucks I've ever been in.
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT] ____________________________________________ 92 Voyager LE 3.3/A604 luxury liner 185k [COLOR="Red"]"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]"It's not tyranny we desire; it's a just, limited, federal government." Alexander Hamilton[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Support our economy-BUY AMERICA: [url]http://nortonsusa.com/[/url][/COLOR]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123