Thread: will a T1 computer work with the blow through set up

Mitsu booster

will a T1 computer work with the blow through set up

i already posted this in the electrical area but nobody replied. anyway, i have an 85 T1 charger. before this next track season is over i hope to have the complete T2 conversion done, with intercooler. right now though i want to do the blow through coversion. can i use the stock T1 computer with the blow through setup and just run 10psi for now until i get a different computer

Hybrid booster

Re: will a T1 computer work with the blow through set up

Try searching the archives. I know the info is here somewhere. THis board has more information than you realize. The problem is trying to find it....

Hybrid booster

I did some research. The problem is the log intake does not flow evenly among cylinders. Some injectors are fired richer than others by the computer to compensate. Now the question is, how much richer? You definitely do not want to wash down your cylinder walls with gas. You also do not want to lean out any cylinders, obviously. Dude, maybe you should just wait until you find the right computer. Maybe someone has a spare one laying around you could pick up cheap. I know money is an issue right now. However, think about all the money you are going to have to spend on gaskets, and other misc parts you need to convert to a blow through intake. You are probably looking at around $50 - $100 for a stock GLHS logic module (computer)

I almost forgot, 85-86 TI engines have a 2 wire AIS (the idle control motor). 86 and later TII engines have the 4 wire AIS. I don't think there is any way to use a 4 wire AIS with an 85 logic module.
    Last edited by 93sundance; 02-26-2008 at 07:18 AM.

Contact mw6886 about burning you a chip and installing it in your lm