Thread: Grounding kit..

Hybrid booster

Grounding kit..

I bought the grounding kit off your website (http://www.fwdperformance.com/store/...&ProductID=713) quite some time ago to beef up my grounds. I've finally decided that I want to put it on and I can't find the instructions for the life of me.

Does anyone at FWDP (Or anyone else for that matter) have a PDF or something on the computer of the instructions on where these ground wires go?

Thanks

Re: Grounding kit..

i dont have the instructions handy but i've had the head on and off enough i know it basically by heart

in order of length from shortest to longest

#1 - nice and easy....fire wall to the intake manifold
    #2 - battery to body ground on the fender]
    #3 - same battery ground to the drivers side of the head...should use the same ground as a ground coming out of the wiring harness
    #4 - from the same ground on the head to a ground on the alternator

when i put them on I took a wire wheel to all the ground connectors/body/head to ensure a good clean connection.
    95 spirit 3.0/543 15.0@91 N/A, 14.5@96 on a 50 shot RIP 87 shelby Z - project car, maybe I can drive it this year 91 spirit - roll it, chop the top, do some burnouts! RIP

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    i dont have the instructions handy but i've had the head on and off enough i know it basically by heart

#3 - same battery ground to the drivers side of the head...should use the same ground as a ground coming out of the wiring harness

when i put them on I took a wire wheel to all the ground connectors/body/head to ensure a good clean connection.
    Awesome thanks. I planned on cleaning up all my grounds when putting it together. I want to make sure everything's grounding right just for peace of mind.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post

I *think* #1 actually is supposed to go directly to the fuel rail. Not sure if that makes a difference vs. to the head but I know the directions say to the fuel rail mounting bolt.

Quote Originally Posted by badandy View Post
    I *think* #1 actually is supposed to go directly to the fuel rail. Not sure if that makes a difference vs. to the head but I know the directions say to the fuel rail mounting bolt.
    depending on the year fo the car it may not have a ground on the fuel rail

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by JDAWG View Post
    depending on the year fo the car it may not have a ground on the fuel rail
    The instructions didn't specify model year when instructing to do this

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Vendor

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterio View Post
    I bought the grounding kit off your website (http://www.fwdperformance.com/store/...&ProductID=713) quite some time ago to beef up my grounds. I've finally decided that I want to put it on and I can't find the instructions for the life of me.

Does anyone at FWDP (Or anyone else for that matter) have a PDF or something on the computer of the instructions on where these ground wires go?

Thanks
    Sorry it took me so long to find this. I've got to do some file consolidating. I'll also put this up in our store. Its a feature I built to make access to product instructions easy but we haven't done a good job of keeping it up to date.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    [SIZE=4][COLOR=red][B][URL="http://www.fwdperformance.com/store"]FWD Performance[/URL][/B][/COLOR] is a performance parts and service business catering to a variety of high performance cars. We carry a full line of products to service and upgrade [I][COLOR="#FF0000"]Turbo Mopars, Shelby Dodges and Chryslers[/COLOR][/I] of all makes, models and years. From parts to service, fabrication and dyno tuning there is something for everyone. Visit our store at [COLOR=red][B][URL="http://www.fwdperformance.com/store"]FWD Performance[/URL][/B][/COLOR], we'd love to hear from you![/SIZE]

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by JamesL View Post
    Sorry it took me so long to find this. I've got to do some file consolidating. I'll also put this up in our store. Its a feature I built to make access to product instructions easy but we haven't done a good job of keeping it up to date.
    Perfect! Thanks.