Thread: Daytona/Laser Book Now Published and For Sale

Daytona/Laser Book Now Published and For Sale

My book "Dodge Daytona and Chrysler Laser The Definitive History 1984-1993" has been published and is now available for sale.

This 185-page book is the first written account of the Dodge Daytona and Chrysler Laser ever produced. The book is a year by year history of the development of the G-Body Dodge Daytona and Chrysler Laser. There are several close-up chapters providing information relating to the Laser and Daytona. There are over 180 black and white photographs of the Dodge Daytona and Chrysler Laser. Most of these photos were shot by the author himself, and are exclusive to this book. The photographs provide close-up shots of the entire vehicle, including engine, interior, and details specific to each model. There is even a section providing a photo of nearly all the different wheels that were available on the Laser and Daytona. There is also a 10-page full color section of detailed photographs. In addition, over 65 tables are provided throughout this book. These tables provide a quick reference to powertrain options, engine specifications, complete production totals, model availability in each year, color options, and production totals for the more popular options.

The purchase price of the book is $20.00 ($25.00 for Canadian addresses). This price includes shipping. For more information, including purchasing information, please go to:

http://www.moparautos.com/book.htm

If this is the wrong forum for this message, please let me know.

Thanks
    Greg
    Holt, Michigan

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor j4278h's Avatar

Re: Daytona/Laser Book Now Published and For Sale

Greg, glad to see the book is published. I got a flyer for in the GLHS last year at Mopar at the Red Barn. Its a shame i did see the book reviewed in one of the latest Mopar mags and they were less than kind. They also attacked the owners of the tuna's and claimed they were autozone ricer performance mods with hello kity steering wheel covers.

This book is very well done and is full of a TON of info, colored pics, and production numbers! Definitely a MUST for the Daytona enthusiast and even the TM enthusiast in general!

Quote Originally Posted by j4278h View Post
    Greg, glad to see the book is published. I got a flyer for in the GLHS last year at Mopar at the Red Barn. Its a shame i did see the book reviewed in one of the latest Mopar mags and they were less than kind. They also attacked the owners of the tuna's and claimed they were autozone ricer performance mods with hello kity steering wheel covers.
    Which magazine was that? I sent a review copy to several magazines, and have been looking for the review to show up.

if its got DC performance pics i would be interested

Quote Originally Posted by DC Turismo View Post
    This book is very well done and is full of a TON of info, colored pics, and production numbers! Definitely a MUST for the Daytona enthusiast and even the TM enthusiast in general!
    Thanks for the very kind words. I very much appreciate it.

turbo addict

Sweet! I just bought one. Thanks for all the hard work that went into this book

Only 1,305 Daytona Shelby's were made in 1990?! That's it?

Were you able to uncover any further production numbers, say after the book was published, such as color break downs, leather/cloth/power/sunroof/auto or 5 spd options?

Quote Originally Posted by DC Turismo View Post
    Were you able to uncover any further production numbers, say after the book was published, such as color break downs, leather/cloth/power/sunroof/auto or 5 spd options?
    No further production numbers yet. When I go to Carlisle this year, I will be checking the Daytonas on display. Sometimes the owners will have some additional information with their cars.

BTW- I did contact Chrysler to try and get some additional production information. Turned out to be a total dead-end.