Page 7 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Turbonator LM codebase

Hybrid booster

Re: Turbonator LM codebase

Hey Rob,
    This V5 is the first version I've used so far. The car had a terrible time running. Seemed very rich, but when I drop the PE it still had trouble. Giving it some throttle would rev a little and drop the RPMs again with a little intake backfire when I tried to keep it running. Had all values the same as my previous cal.

Hybrid booster

Is there a way I can change these versions and not have to match the maps everytime?
    Last edited by Stratman; 03-23-2008 at 07:35 PM.

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

OK, I give up on the 50-150% PumpEff table for now. It's just too difficult in the LM. I posted v6 - it's the same as v5, but I removed the PumpEff re-scale, and re-set the PumpEff data.
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Hybrid booster

First post still says V5. Has it been changed?

EDITED: LOL, nevermind.

boostaholic Turbo Mopar Contributor

I tested v6 today. The cal runs pretty well, I get like 3 or 4 psi of boost while sitting still with the antilag. No more problems with the car shutting down until it gets back to idle. I did have a problem with the cal breaking up at the top of the rpm range but I didn't spend much time working on the fueling although it wasn't lean or knocking from what I could tell.

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

cool. thats a little wierd though cause without the antilag and the staging limiter sitting at 5000 id get 9psi.... or do you not have the staging on?

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by Aries_Turbo View Post
    cool. thats a little wierd though cause without the antilag and the staging limiter sitting at 5000 id get 9psi.... or do you not have the staging on?

Brian
    Staging and antilag were both on, however the limiter was set to 3000 rpm, so that may be the reason I get less boost. It definitely spools the turbo harder than the bb60 cal I usually run. My BOV won't sound with the bb60 cal after holding at the limiter and snapping the throttle shut, but the turbonator cal sounds the bov. The guage reads a little over 0 with the bb60, and with the turbonator it reads around 3-4 psi. I can try and raise the limiter, but the car is hard to launch with the limiter @ 3000. 5000 is going to blow my tires away (until I get the OBX and new clutch in ).

I used 3500 on street tires, and 4500 at the strip.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by risen View Post
    Staging and antilag were both on, however the limiter was set to 3000 rpm, so that may be the reason I get less boost. It definitely spools the turbo harder than the bb60 cal I usually run. My BOV won't sound with the bb60 cal after holding at the limiter and snapping the throttle shut, but the turbonator cal sounds the bov. The guage reads a little over 0 with the bb60, and with the turbonator it reads around 3-4 psi. I can try and raise the limiter, but the car is hard to launch with the limiter @ 3000. 5000 is going to blow my tires away (until I get the OBX and new clutch in ).
    How many degrees of timing were you pulling?

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    How many degrees of timing were you pulling?
    I started with the base setting which was 8 (my boost target was 20). I worked up to 10, but it didn't change much. I also changed the spark tables to be more like the 89 tables, but that didn't seem to have a large effect. One weekend I'll have the time to do some more in-depth testing with some datalogs.

cool, ill have to try this new version soon.

Brian

This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Heroes never die, they just reload! Turbo Mopar Staff Frank's Avatar

So is this a 3-bar or 2-bar? It appears to be a 2-bar, but the properities in the description appear to be 3-bar.

Thanks
    Frank
    Frank Katzenberger
    Squirrel Performance - Home of the best turbo calc!!!
    http://www.squirrelpf.com

91 Daytona Shelby - It is getting there

87 Shelby CSX #418 - Near stock is a good thing!

94 Bronco 302 XLT - Shorty Headers, 3" exhaust, cold air intake, & Soft top

"... to get the best out of it, you have to go beyond the line. Where bravery becomes insanity. Shall I turn into this hairpin bend at a 100mph? Why not!"

Visit the new Knowledge Center today!

Check out the one and only Shelby Dodge Registry!

BB60 can be assembled for either MAP sensor. Its an assembly-time switch, though, so deciding which MAP has to be step one.

Quote Originally Posted by MiniMopar View Post
    BB60 can be assembled for either MAP sensor. Its an assembly-time switch, though, so deciding which MAP has to be step one.
    I am confused by what you mean.
    Frank Katzenberger

"... to get the best out of it, you have to go beyond the line. Where bravery becomes insanity. Shall I turn into this hairpin bend at a 100mph? Why not!"

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    I am confused by what you mean.
    If you look at the zip file in the first post with "_source" in it's name, that file will contain the raw data to build the calibration from source code. In the 87T2_Master.asm file, there are 2 lines that determine which map sensor to use. If you want 3 bar, set map2bar to 0 and map3bar to 1, it's the opposite if you want 2 bar. After selecting which map you want, you need to run chemasmlm.exe to build the .bin calibration. From there, you can tweak it with dcal or chem however you want to.

Quote Originally Posted by risen View Post
    If you look at the zip file in the first post with "_source" in it's name, that file will contain the raw data to build the calibration from source code. In the 87T2_Master.asm file, there are 2 lines that determine which map sensor to use. If you want 3 bar, set map2bar to 0 and map3bar to 1, it's the opposite if you want 2 bar. After selecting which map you want, you need to run chemasmlm.exe to build the .bin calibration. From there, you can tweak it with dcal or chem however you want to.
    Right. The true source of the entire cal is the assembly source (the ASM file). When you assemble this, you get a BIN, which you then tune using D-Cal or ChEM or whatever. Switching the MAP sensor affects a lot of tables and constants. In the past, one had to take the 2-bar cal and hand edit every single one in D-Cal (or a hex editor way back in the day). Now you can create the BIN with either 2-bar or 3-bar tables preinstalled.

The trick is that you need to decide this first. Once you make the BIN and start calibrating it, you can't go back. There is currently no simple way of taking changes made to the BIN in D-Cal and reapply them to the ASM. If you want to change the MAP type later, you have to reassemble the BIN and start over. There are other things you can set at assembly time too. Some of these I have made switchable in DCal if you use my TBL file.

Here is how I make a cal with BB/LB:

1) Setup the source ASM the way I want (MAP, CEL mod, staging limiter, etc) and assemble it.

2) Load the binary into ChEM2 and use it to scale all the fuel tables for the injectors I am using. It does most of the work in one shot.

3) Load the result in D-Cal and get to work tweaking (usually pulling up a similar cal for comparison).

Thanks guys.
    Frank Katzenberger

shoot frank, i should have gone over all this stuff when you were here... oh well.

I tried out turbonator LM and it works well for me. startup is a little lean but I have the warmup curves set to stock 2.2L and my old cal had a hybrid 2.2/89_2.5L curve that seemed to work well. i basically overlayed the 2.5L over the one i was useing and all the places where the 2.5L was richer than the 2.2, i bumped up the 2.2. all the rest i left alone. seemed to work well and ill try it again.

drivability is great. much less "rabbit gas" at low speed puttering, partially i think because the injectors dont totally shut off as hard as the bb60 stuff.

antilag.... dunno if its doing anything. I have 9-10psi at 4500rpm while sitting there on the staging limiter. ill shut it off and see if it changes.

i havent checked the alky stuff yet. i need a piece of cat5 and some led's in the cabin to test easily.

knock.... the knock threshold is lower with the turbonator than the BB cause Geoff use the 89curve. I get a little knock at high gear, 10psi part throttle even though the fuel is perfect at +12.2/11.9 or somewhere near. timing calculated should be less at part throttle by about .5 deg with the way i have the tables setup. no biggie though. its only pulling 1deg i bet. ill check with the scanner.

18psi roll on quick rise boost still gives me knock retard at around 4000rpms in the higher gears but the alky will take care of that. its only a deg or two and it goes away at closer to 5k. i bet the coolant mod to the head would work well to combat that too.

overall, this cal works nice. i still have to try the switchable boost and id like a little less boost at part throttle as it rips the tires some at 10psi in 1st and sometimes second.

Brian

I have to reassemble the bin file first. I had gotten the cal all done and realized that it was for a 3-bar. Once I reassemble it tomorrow, it should only take me a little bit to get it ready for the car... the only thing is I have to learn how to assemble the bin via the command line and it's options, etc.

Should be easy enough.

Frank
    Frank Katzenberger

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

There should be a batch file included that'll assemble it for you. Just make your changes to the .asm and run the .bat. You'll need to get a copy of Geoff's LM-customized assembler from MoparChem.com. I guess I could include it in my distribution; but it's Geoff's software, so I didn't.
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Page 7 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast