Page 35 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Thread: Turbonator LM codebase

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

Re: Turbonator LM codebase

12.4 seems to be working good still. Making a new thread for the S2 cal issues.
    Last edited by Force Fed Mopar; 03-04-2011 at 09:54 PM.
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD

turbo addict

i just messed with v12.4 had to mess with the idle fuel a little bit. getting a bunch of cels. dunno whats going on. idle is good around 14:5-15:3. i dont understand the cels. nothing is wrong with my car. what do the masks mean? like if its checked off does that mean it will show up or does that mean it will not show up? how accurate is the afr on mptuner? should i trust it or is it a round about?

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by roachjuice View Post
    i just messed with v12.4 had to mess with the idle fuel a little bit. getting a bunch of cels. dunno whats going on. idle is good around 14:5-15:3. i dont understand the cels. nothing is wrong with my car. what do the masks mean? like if its checked off does that mean it will show up or does that mean it will not show up? how accurate is the afr on mptuner? should i trust it or is it a round about?
    The check means that error code is enabled. If unchecked, it will not show that error...

---------- Post added at 09:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DodgeZ View Post
    ran a v12 cal in to work today. When it was cold it was rough, I switched to my v10 and it ran fine after a minute or so I switch back to v12. It was still rough (spitting and sputtering) but I rolled with it. After a minute or so it cleared up and drove prefect the rest of the way in. I used the T-LM_25_MTX_CUST template.
    Yeah, there might be some issues with the 2.5 translation in v12. I'll check them out again, thanks.
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

turbo addict

Ok got cha. 23 33 46 47 51 52 53 54-and a few others. These were the codes I'm getting when I was running 12.4 last night. Clearly something is wrong lol. I went back to ver 8 and made some changes at idle in mptuner to get the idle right.

Ok got cha. 23 33 46 47 51 52 53 54-and a few others. These were the codes I'm getting when I was running 12.4 last night. Clearly something is wrong lol. I went back to ver 8 and made some changes at idle in mptuner to get the idle right.
    Which template?
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

turbo addict

i have no clue how to tell.

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

i just downloaded the file on the first page then compiled it then i opened the one that said 2.5 mtx. second one from the bottom of the list.

Maybe try the A171 cal, just to see if it starts and runs w/o a bunch of codes or CEL being thrown.
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

i have no clue how to tell.

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

i just downloaded the file on the first page then compiled it then i opened the one that said 2.5 mtx. second one from the bottom of the list.
    Yeah, I'm guessing the 2.5 templates have issues. I re-created them from scratch when I re-wrote T-LM. So, there may be some errors in them. I"ll look at it tonight.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

turbo addict

What? I don't see that anywhere.

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ShelGame View Post
    Yeah, I'm guessing the 2.5 templates have issues. I re-created them from scratch when I re-wrote T-LM. So, there may be some errors in them. I"ll look at it tonight.
    alright. Not a big deal. I can deal with v8 lol

What? I don't see that anywhere
    It's in the same list of cals you got the 2.5 MTX cal from. Should look like this:

T_LM_22_MTX_A171_Stock
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

turbo addict

i dont see a 2.5 one. but i do see the 2.2 one. im still stying to figure out how to get it to idle at 14:7 afr with the version 8. ive adjusted the fuel off throttle and that only makes it richer on decel. ive adjusted the pumping eff and that seems to do jack squat. it idles 18+ afr right now. i honestly wish there were provisions that said idle fuel adjust here. this is what this does.

i dont see a 2.5 one. but i do see the 2.2 one. im still stying to figure out how to get it to idle at 14:7 afr with the version 8. ive adjusted the fuel off throttle and that only makes it richer on decel. ive adjusted the pumping eff and that seems to do jack squat. it idles 18+ afr right now. i honestly wish there were provisions that said idle fuel adjust here. this is what this does.
    I know, the A171 is a 2.2 tune It will start and run a 2.5 though, same engine only bigger. I wouldn't haul --- around the block or drive it to work on it, but it will let you know if there is a problem with the 2.5 tune, or your car.

Basically, just open the A171, scale for your injectors and map sensor, and burn it. Then plug it in and start it up. If it starts and runs with no rash of codes showing up, then there is a issue w/ the 2.5 cal. If you still get all those codes, then there is something wrong with you wiring, or your LM. At least that should be a good test I think, cause I know the A171 works good, as I am daily driving on it.
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Force Fed Mopar View Post
    I know, the A171 is a 2.2 tune It will start and run a 2.5 though, same engine only bigger. I wouldn't haul --- around the block or drive it to work on it, but it will let you know if there is a problem with the 2.5 tune, or your car.
    its the tune. not the car. ac relay problem? alternator voltage high and an alternator voltage low code? yea its the tune. i guess im gonna keep reading and see where i can get with the idle afr. ive been trying to do this for a year now. nothing seems to work. i can adjust the shyt out of full throttle fuel. that seems to work. i can adjust 2 step limiter. just nothing seems to work with idle afr. thats the reason i tried v12.4 and mptuner. it worked. but ran like shyt and threw codes. not my cup of tea.

Lol, I edit too slow You could try opening the A171, then adjusting the fuel and timing curves to match the 2.5 ones (use the comparison feature).
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Force Fed Mopar View Post
    Lol, I edit too slow You could try opening the A171, then adjusting the fuel and timing curves to match the 2.5 ones (use the comparison feature).
    im not doing that. i just wanna fix what is wrong in the first place. i read like pages of shyt and cant find one f'n straight answer how to adjust idle fuel. not one. i saw someone say adjust the pumpeff table. then i read somewhere else that the pumpeff table doesnt take in account to idle fuel. WTF???? so stuff i read says leave everything alone and adjust the pumpeff table. well i did that and nothing still changes. my afr is 18+ at idle and i want it to atleast show up on the afr gauge. i dont understand wtf usec means when adjusting fuel in the tables. i assume it means units per second. ok well how much is too much to adjust? should i adjust by 100? 1000? 10000? whats a round about? im tired of running in and out of my house and getting nowhere. ive spend a major part of my day trying to figure this shyt out. i entered all my info correct. 55psi of fuel static. +40 injectors. 3 bar. wtf? this ---- cant be that complicated. it really cant. there are so many different variables. i up the fuelnothrottle table in vac. it seems to do nothing but create a rich condition under decel.

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

this is what im gonna do. im gonna get my shyt bag iphone and take a video of what im doing. im gonna record in dcal wtf im doing and show you that it doesnt do shyt to the idle afr.

turbo addict

uploading 7min video now.

---------- Post added at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

whats the difference between a 2.5 and a 2.2 cal? ill just make my own from the a171. i dont know what else to do. really thinking about just getting a rrr and a stage 2 glhs computer and a diode and calling it good.

turbo addict

OK, here are the 2.5 tempates. I just went thru them again. There were several changes related to RPM (since the scale is different between the LM and SMEC). Probably one of the reasons you're having trouble setting idle A/F is the adaptive fuel. That table only sets the start point. The adaptives can adjust that +/- 25%.

All of the codes, though? I have no idea. I didn't see anything that would cause all those codes...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

turbo addict

adaptive fuel. how do i adjust it? or turn it off? i got it to idle 14:5-15:5 and i let it sit there and idle for about 2 min. and it got leaner and leaner. till it went off gauge 18+ then it picked back up to 16:9-17:9 and danced around 17:9-18+ the rest of the time. no wonder i cant get anywhere. it changes itself.

The ones above might be better. The RPM settings for the cell boundaries was wrong.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki