Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Turbonator LM codebase

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

Re: Turbonator LM codebase

you also could look at a scanner to see what the timing is. you should be able to calculate what the timing is supposed to be. i posted a spreadsheet on moparchem that makes the timing calcs easy. just pop in your cal data and input the rpm and boost and it spits out a number.

i have yet to try this. it needs to get warmer than 20. was 5 last week. car is outside.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Hoosier Daddy?? Turbo Mopar Staff Clay's Avatar

well, my testing has failed. Currently Im blaming myself because thats where the problem lies Im sure.

I played around with the stock turbonator cal, and here is what I did:

scaled for +20s, adjusted staging mod for 5300 RPM low, 5311 RPM high, exactly like my BB60, adjusted the boost tables to match the BB60, then I checked the boxes for the staging mod, and the anti-lag.

The first time I did this I used both Chem and D-cal. The car would fire up and idle, but ran very rich compared to my BB60. According to my WB it was bouncing in the 13s, then would slowly richen up, until it got into the 10s, and almost died. The staging mod never worked.

So I started over with a fresh turbonator cal, did everything again, but this time I restricted myself to Chem1 and Chem2. This time I scaled the cal for +20s, then I did a comparison to my BB60 fueling tables, and made a few adjustments. The car still ran rich, and the staging mod again didnt work.

I dont know enough to have a clue on the rich idle.

On the staging mod, the only thing I think might influence it is one thing. There is a "staginglimiterswitchselect" option in the 'turbonator' cal, which is set to 'brake switch', that I have not seen in the BB60 cal. I tried to get the staging mod to work with and with out the brake applied, with no joy.

Clay
    Clay
    1986 GLH-T - Flat black......... learn it, love it, LIVE IT!
    1988 LeBaron GTC Turbo

SDML Readers Rides
    C/S Registry
    Stuff For Sale

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

OK, you're the 2nd guy to say it runs rich. The Turbonator LM binary is assembled for 3-bar as I uploaded it. Are you running a 3bar MAP? I thought you might be running a 2-bar since it's based on the 'stock' converted BB60 which is setup to assemble for a 2-bar MAP.
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

It sounds like myself and Clay are having the exact same problems, while having the same sucess with BB60 before. If wonder if it isn't something we are doing wrong since others have gotten the staging limiter to work. Are there any ideas that anyone has which I could try?

should be set up for stock injectors as well. i assume you scaled in chem2 for the bigger ones?

Brian

This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    It sounds like myself and Clay are having the exact same problems, while having the same sucess with BB60 before. If wonder if it isn't something we are doing wrong since others have gotten the staging limiter to work. Are there any ideas that anyone has which I could try?
    Double check the limiter values. The 'OverRevFuelShutoffStagingLower' should be a lower RPM, but higher HEX value. The 'OverRevFuelShutoffStagingUpper' should be higher RPM, but lower HEX value. If the 'Lower' is higher RPM than the 'Upper', it won't do anything.

EDIT: But then, that's the same as BB60...
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Aries_Turbo View Post
    should be set up for stock injectors as well. i assume you scaled in chem2 for the bigger ones?

Brian
    I have scaled the injectors and aligned the part, full, and no fuel tables with those of the BB60stock based cal which I had running very well fuel wise.

Quote Originally Posted by ShelGame View Post
    Double check the limiter values. The 'OverRevFuelShutoffStagingLower' should be a lower RPM, but higher HEX value. The 'OverRevFuelShutoffStagingUpper' should be higher RPM, but lower HEX value. If the 'Lower' is higher RPM than the 'Upper', it won't do anything.
    I just checked my file, and that checked out OK. I am actually feeling pretty good about myself, as I thought that might be the case the first time I had a problem and double checked it then too.

Another thought, could this be an L body issue? I would think not, but myself and clay both have TII converted GLHs.

I really don't know why the rev limit code uses inverse RPM instead of actual RPM. Seems silly to me...
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Here's a thought: Geoff changed BB somehow to alter the injector scaling. If the guys who originally converted BB60 back to 'stock' didn't take this into account, it could be the problem.

Brian - do you know if you guys considered that when you put the stock fuel tables back in?

I have no idea how Geoff did that change, unfortunately. But, I think I remember it was a factor of 2. So, maybe try scaling your injector tables by 50% (you'll have to use D-Cal to do it that way, CHeM only wants to scale by standard injector sizes; make a note of the 6-7 tables to scale while you're in CHeM).
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Here's a thought: Geoff changed BB somehow to alter the injector scaling. If the guys who originally converted BB60 back to 'stock' didn't take this into account, it could be the problem.

Brian - do you know if you guys considered that when you put the stock fuel tables back in?

I have no idea how Geoff did that change, unfortunately. But, I think I remember it was a factor of 2. So, maybe try scaling your injector tables by 50% (you'll have to use D-Cal to do it that way, CHeM only wants to scale by standard injector sizes; make a note of the 6-7 tables to scale while you're in CHeM).
    I have taken out a bit of fuel, but I think that 50% would be a bit much from what I have seen thus far. I will try it and see how it goes the next time I get the car fired up for a test run though.

i didnt know he did anything with scaling. youd have to ask him.

Yeah, I was just comparing the '87 MP T2 to the 'stock' tables - the scale was changed from 16384 to 24576. I have no idea how/why he did that. But, at 10psi, the MP cal has a PW of ~12.5ms, Turbonator is ~14.0ms. So, that's 89% lower...
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

i didnt know he did anything with scaling. youd have to ask him.
    Do you know if anyone ran the BB60_stock cal?

I couldn't find anything in the injector PW timing that he changed. So, I don't know what's up with the scale change...
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

OK, you're the 2nd guy to say it runs rich. The Turbonator LM binary is assembled for 3-bar as I uploaded it. Are you running a 3bar MAP? I thought you might be running a 2-bar since it's based on the 'stock' converted BB60 which is setup to assemble for a 2-bar MAP.
    Im currently running a 3 bar map.
    Clay
    1988 LeBaron GTC Turbo

SDML Readers Rides
    C/S Registry
    Stuff For Sale

Brian
    Yup, I initially just used the Chem2 scaling, and it was running rich. (My BB60 hovers around mind 14s, +/- as it normally fluctuates).

The 2nd time I scaled it again using Chem2, then compared it to the BB60 and made some adjustments so it was more like the BB code. Granted, most of these adjustments were upper RPM adjustments, not where Im having issues.
    Clay
    1988 LeBaron GTC Turbo

SDML Readers Rides
    C/S Registry
    Stuff For Sale

Another thought, could this be an L body issue? I would think not, but myself and clay both have TII converted GLHs.
    I doubt it. The staging mod works beautifully with my car using the BB code.
    Clay
    1988 LeBaron GTC Turbo

SDML Readers Rides
    C/S Registry
    Stuff For Sale

EDIT: But then, that's the same as BB60...
    I did exactly what I did in the BB code. I took the 2 values (which mine says "stagingmodfuelshutoff") and increased them. The one that was lower to begin with, I kept the lower of the 2. etc.

I still wonder if it has something to do with the 'staginglimiterswitchselect' some how.
    Clay
    1988 LeBaron GTC Turbo

SDML Readers Rides
    C/S Registry
    Stuff For Sale

I couldn't find anything in the injector PW timing that he changed. So, I don't know what's up with the scale change...
    My BB60 is bone stock in the fuel/boost department. The only thing I did was take the stock code, increase the staging mod RPM, and go. Been running like that for a while now.
    Clay
    1988 LeBaron GTC Turbo

SDML Readers Rides
    C/S Registry
    Stuff For Sale

I have run BB60 successfully including the staging mod.

I have run BB60stock successfully including the staging mod and it ran better than BB60.

I have run BB60 successfully including the staging mod.

I have run BB60stock successfully including the staging mod and it ran better than BB60.
    OK, well that helps. My brain hurts. Let me look at it again tomorrow...
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast