Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Turbonator LM codebase

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

Re: Turbonator LM codebase

it says automatic only in the stock 87t2 cal i was just looking at but not turbonator. ill check it out sometime soon.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Is anyone running this cal without their charcoal canister hooked up? I see that TLM comes with it set on in the ASM file, and I hadn't noticed that today. I downloaded a couple of BB codes from a while back that would actually boost and they had it turned off by default. Could this be causing the code that I have been having (I realize that I have other issues right now) and limiting my boost? I know it seems far fetched, but I am running out of logical ideas after almost a year of chasing this problem.

ETA: That is the major difference that I can see between the cal which allowed boost and those that did not. I think I will test one of the old ones tomorrow to see if that solves any of my problems.

no canister on mine. the solenoid is used for something else too in mine.

i didnt get a chance to try changing the timing at idle yet but ill post updates.

the only thing that bugs me is that i shouldnt have to mess with timing at idle. i think there is something up.

Brian

This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Code:
    .EngineIdle
            lda  RPM_W          ; load a with memory contents
            cmpa PNRPM_AdvanceParkNeutralIdleRPMSwitch    ; compare a with memory contents (data is 01)
            bhi  .2             ; branch if higher
            lda  Z83_PortCdata  ; load a with memory contents
            bita #$08           ; * check park/neutral
            bne  .2             ; branch if not equal (not zero)
            lda  CoolantTemp    ; load a with memory contents
            ldx  #PNIDLE_AdvanceParkNeutralIdle    ; load index with value
            jsr  LookupTable    ; call subroutine
            adda Scratch_b6 
            sta  Scratch_b6     ; store a into memory
    .2      jmp  L1694
    ok i was looking at this.... the table description in an older stock 87 t2 cal (and a chrysler 88 T2 factory document) says auto only for this PNIDLE thing and the code checks the park/neutral switch.... so based on that, i shouldnt be able to use this for my car unless i ground that park neutral switch wire so that when it reads Z83_PortCData $08 it will allow the PNIDLE function to work properly.

is that what im gathering from the code?

I would also have to change ParkNeutralIdleRPMSwitch to a reasonable limit so that idle was below that rpm... say <1100rpms or something like that. now this doesnt solve my issue of when i back off the throttle when at speed, the timing drops really low. this issue makes the car difficult to putter around at low speed cause it wants to buck as the timing is changed a bunch with low movements of the throttle.

then there is this note in the assembly:

Returned the timing code back to stock. Previously, code for idle had been removed for auto trans. But, this code mod used P/T timing when at idle (rather than a constant value).
    so Rob, are you saying that the stock code has the timing coded as a single value for idle like what im seeing from my scanner? where is the table/constant to adjust it?

Brian

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

Only if you're running an auto trans. I forgot about the P/N check when I commented that. Geoff simply removed that code if you built the code for a manual.
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

oh ok.... so my ecu should be using HOTMAP and GOVNER to determine idle timing with the cal set to use a manual trans... ie the "AutoTrans Bit" not checked? could there be a goofup in the code for that that looks for the single timing value for idle even with a manual trans? any chance you can take another look at that? even if there isnt a goofup, where do you insert the timing value for the ecu to make that idle calculation?

now, theres still the issue of using the PNIDLE thing with a manual trans without grounding (i assume) that trans pin. now, can i comment out these lines to remove that requirement or does it mess with other stuff?

Code:
    lda  Z83_PortCdata  ; load a with memory contents
            bita #$08           ; * check park/neutral
            bne  .2             ; branch if not equal (not zero)
    thanks

Brian

nevermind on all this timing at idle stuff. its not the issue.

i popped in my old RP cal (with some changes to better match it to my 2.5L that wasnt done originally) and it started and idled smooth as butter.

you know why, cause it has no 02 feedback at idle and sits there at 12.5 on the wideband. its based on MP.

then i took it out and let it warm up and when id let off the throttle, same 9 deg elec advance just like the turbonator stuff.

its gotta be in how the fuel is set up and idle control and stuff like that.

Brian

Now here is my next problem. I made two new versions of turbonator to test. unfortunately i pulled a simon and changed a zillion things at once so i cant pinpoint the real issue yet.

I wanted to test out the switchable boost and i wanted to see how different the boost response is without the antilag so i shut that off. and i turned on the sw boost and set all those parameters. now heres the potential problem. even though it said to not use the AC switch, i was going to try anyway and see what happened cause i have the ac switch easily accessable. i made some other changes to but they arent related to this (lower starting fuel in the higher temps as it starts hard, fixed my fan values that i goofed up cause i didnt have the y axis limits set right, took a degree of timing out where i get knock retard when the boost hits hard, and also added a little fuel there cause it was lean on a full throttle 4th gear roll on, and changed my alky setpoints so i can test them later). so i popped in the switchable boost chip in clicked the key to start and the fuel pump kicked on and didnt shut off. i heard some relays and stuff clicking under the hood to so i shut it off. i then tried the non switchable boost chip that i made too and it did the same thing. though i had the switchable boost deselected, i still had that ac switch selected in the other config constant area. dunno if thats the issue or possibly the antilag.

ill have to roll back all those goofy changes and test just my fuel and spark changes and then go back out and start testing the other stuff one by one.

I still cant get over how must smoother the idle is on a MP based cal. not a miss, not a stumble at all. i dont even mind my solid mount with it cause its not shaking the piss out of the dash. id love to find that constant that turns off o2 feedback at idle and just tweak the no throttle curve to make the idle a little less rich.

boostaholic Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Aries_Turbo View Post

I still cant get over how must smoother the idle is on a MP based cal. not a miss, not a stumble at all. i dont even mind my solid mount with it cause its not shaking the piss out of the dash. id love to find that constant that turns off o2 feedback at idle and just tweak the no throttle curve to make the idle a little less rich.
    Just FYI, my BB60 based cal would toggle @ idle and it didn't have the idle issues that T-LM has. With regards to the timing changes that bb60 had, maybe the increase in timing from the part throttle table was enough to keep it running smoothly.

yeah mine wasnt as blubbery either but both of them will almost die upon releasing the throttle and pressing in the clutch and catch at ~800 rpms and then come back up to a slightly blubbery idle. its annoying.

i guess i dont want to make all kinds of goofy changes to the tables to get something to idle right when there might be something wrong with something else or if i could remove o2 feedback at idle and tune it manually.

Brian

ok so i tried every combo that i could with antilag on and off and switchable boost on and off and i couldnt get those cals to work. oh well. i tried the file that i "save as'd" to make them and it works fine so something probably got corrupted so i deleted it and im back to square one with that stuff.

oh well. luckily im motivated right now.

Brian

Hybrid booster

I downloaded the Turbonator LM source and edited the text file to reflect 2bar instead of three and compiled the cal. I opened the cal up in Chem190 and switched on the alky injection flag. Then in zChem2 I scaled everything for 27pph injectors. Since I have an 85 turbo engine I changed a few of the timing curves to look similar to the 85DC/IC cal where there is much more advance from like -8psi to like -1psi. I put the cal in and the car starts right up and as idle rpms come down the exhaust begins to get richer and richer blowing out smoke and misfiring. It does however drive just fine and the rich condition goes away when the throttle is opened.

My question is how exactly would I go about leaning out idle fuel. The fuel no throttle and fuel part throttle say 0 pulsewidth when more than 12psi of vacuum are present. I even tried moving the pumping efficiency down in the low RPM range and finally the car wont start if it is adjusted too low. I am running 27pph injectors and I even tried doing a scale for injectors in zChem2 to select +20s hoping it would really lean it out since it was expecting larger injectors. The result was it would still idle way too rich but would hesitate and try to stall when the throttle is depressed. Forgive me I am not very knowledgeable yet on editing cals. I must be overlooking some table that determines idle pulsewidth.

Hoosier Daddy?? Turbo Mopar Staff Clay's Avatar

amcpacer - thats the way the first few versions of the turbonator cal worked for me as well, BUT I thought this was fixed in the latest version. Which version are you using?
    Clay
    1986 GLH-T - Flat black......... learn it, love it, LIVE IT!
    1988 LeBaron GTC Turbo

SDML Readers Rides
    C/S Registry
    Stuff For Sale

Hybrid booster

I compiled the ver6 source.

remember, -12psi vac is not -12inhg that your gauges may read. its something like 2.2ingh=-1psi

Brian

oh and just in case i seem like a complainer i do appreciate the effort that has been put into this codebase and i am quite grateful for how it does work and run.

part of my idle issue might be the fact that im trying to get this to run smooth on a 2.5L rather than a 2.2.

everything might just be fine and i am the problem.

plus if you all had MP based stuff in your cars to start with, the occasional misfire sound that the stock setup makes is going to seem rough.

the other day when i said that i couldnt get some cals to start and run well.... that must have been some corruption in a file. i started over and all was well.

Brian

Hoosier Daddy?? Turbo Mopar Staff Clay's Avatar

oh absolutely Brian!! I do appreciate it too!! As soon as things calm down here a bit, I plan to get back on the turbonator horse and try to work some more stuff out. Thanks to guys like Rob and yourself, Im able to do some of this stuff!!!!
    Clay
    1986 GLH-T - Flat black......... learn it, love it, LIVE IT!
    1988 LeBaron GTC Turbo

SDML Readers Rides
    C/S Registry
    Stuff For Sale

Hybrid booster

Does anyone have the bugs worked out of the T-LM code?
    If you have one that you like, would you mind sending it to me to try?

The main thing I am after is just the anti-lag feature.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tvanlant View Post
    Does anyone have the bugs worked out of the T-LM code?
    If you have one that you like, would you mind sending it to me to try?

The main thing I am after is just the anti-lag feature.

Thanks
    The only real issue I have left is the idle problem but my car only sees a few hours of of driving per week so there may be other things I haven't fixed yet. I can send you a copy of mine. It's basically T-LM with bb60 tables.

I'm going to try and make some code adjustments to see what happens when I use the bb60 style advance calc.

I was looking through the transient tables and noticed that the enrichment for map was set to be scaled with injectors but the transient for tps enrich table wasn't. Shouldn't both tables be scaled for injectors? I know I get a real hard rich spike when I smack the throttle in my car and I'm wondering if one of those tables not being scaled properly is the cause.

Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast