Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 364243444546

Thread: Turbonator LM codebase

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

Re: Turbonator LM codebase

lemme dig around. i think i have complete table files from wowzer somewhere for 87t2 lm.

i switched to SMEC but I too have 75lb injectors, a 3 bar map and generally run 15psi alot of the time...

Brian

EDIT. found them. they were in a MPTuner (the original) folder so they may not be ideal once converted to version 2 in mptune.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Aries_Turbo; 08-08-2020 at 11:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Thanks a ton. I like your file naming conventions.

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

no problem.

I think the file names were how I received them from Morris.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

thought i'ld post up a couple things that need to be done in mpscan that i discovered (with the help of others) over the last months to make some of the gauges show the correct (or close values). some of the LM routines are different then the smec/sbec stuff.

first make sure you have downloaded ALL the lastest layout files!!!!!!!!

1) knock retard gauge - the LM uses the top 2 bits of the value as flags for other things, at least for ret1 and potentially ret2, ret3, and ret4. so, once the gauge is added, right click the gauge and edit gauge settings. scroll down to the gauge display group and change "display bit op command" to "and" and "display bit op value" to 63.

2) spark advance - i added a new gauge called AdvLM. once this gauge is added, right click the gauge and edit gauge settings. scroll down to the gauge display group and change "display constant" to -118 (note that this is a negative number!), change "lower breakpoint" to 99998, change "lower breakpoint multiplier" to -0.69735 (again a negative number), and change "lower breakpoint units" to "deg". this should get you close to what a DRB or OTC scanner reports. some day maybe i'll try to ID the actual code the DRB uses to make the calc. there are ALOT of assumptions i made in this procedure so feedback is always welcome.

remember the LM does not query the ecu as fast as the smec/sbec so be prudent in the number of gauges you add to a layout.
    89 Voyager LE, 2.5T2 - rest in peace
    87 Charger Shelby T2 (2.4 conversion in process)

Garrett booster

Hello,
    I just converted an 1986 Daytona to a 1987 T2LM that is socketed. Loaded the 87_22_t2_mtx_641_csx_mp_stage II scaled for the stock 33.25 injectors and checked the auto trans box in the cal.
    The car started right up the idle is nice and smooth but a little high, 1200 rpm, and sometimes hunts slightly.
    I am running a 1989 2.2TII IC engine with an auto trans and 2-bar map (conversion to underhood map). It has A/C.
    I did load the 078 cal (ATX) with the timing tables from the CSX cal above as a test but it did not idle as smooth as the CSX one so I put the CSX one back.
    I also looked at the 89 2.2 ATX cal just as a comparison for the AIS tables and there were some differeneces. Like the AIS ADJ RATE is 14 and others at 7. What does that actually control?
    I did read about some AIS settings that might be incorrect.
    What cal would best work for this setup?
    Does anyone have one I can try?
    And, since the powertrain is an 89, Can I or should I use any of the tables in the 89 ATX TII Cal?

Thank you,
    Jason

Garrett booster

Have you tried the BoostButton Stage cals for public use?

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...ton-Stage-Cals

Garrett booster

I have those but don't know why I chose to start with the others. I will try t shortly. Also the AUTO TRANS BIT is not checked on the updated ones. Any thoughts? Should I just check it off?
    Thanks

Garrett booster

I would think that if you have a auto trans that you should check it off.

Garrett booster

UPDATE:
    Found issue wth the throttle plate not closng all the way due to the throttle cable binding (not the correct one) changed it and now the throttle plate snaps closed.
    Readjusted base idle. The base idle was 950rpm. Probably causng some idel hunting ssues. readjusted to 550-600.
    I am now using the T_LM_22_ATX_0078 from the updated 2017 zip file.
    I first went down the rabbitt hole usng the 87 LM Cals for MTX_CSX, and 22_ATX_S-II 2014/2017 and did a comparison to see the differences and saw the updated AIS settings in the 2017 update so I used it and made a couple changes lke injectors, fan schedule, and boost limits. The engne is intercooled so hope the Cal is set up for the IC.
    So I think I am on the right track especially after fixing the base idle issue.

Thanks!

Garrett booster

New question:
    With my 87 LM conversion from an 86, and an 89 TII engine, has anyone used an 89 T-SMEC ATX cal's Advance/Timing, AIS and Fuel settings? There are some differences in the LM Cal and T-SMEC Cal in those settings. I was thinking since the engine and trans are from an 89 TII car it may run better on the 89 settings. OR do I leave it running on a LM Cal.
    Thanbks

turbo addict

Run both and see which one you like better.

Garrett booster

Jason, there are so many adjustment and limit tables that are different and behind the scenes calculations in how the main tables are used between the LM and SMEC cals. The differences in the settings are from both these different calculations and improvements in the settings over time. I believe the best method for you would be to just tune the car starting with the current cal. You could make a second cal with all the 89 settings just for fun and see how it runs. But you would be making many changes without understanding every change. At least with the current 87 TII cal (which is setup for an intercooler) everything is the way it should be from the factory (or lots of testing with the T-LM or boost button cals).
    Also, do you have your idle set at 600rpm or 900rpm?

Jeff

Garrett booster

Jeff,

I reset the base idle to 600RPM. It does run a lot better after I reset it. I did start with thid Cal; T_LM_22_ATX_0078 from the 2017 updated file (see screenshot). This is from the first page of this post. I think this is the latest updated file and hope this is for IC. Is there another Cal you recommend?

Thanks,
    Jason

Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 364243444546