Thread: pic of my lowered S/C '98 Regal GS

Hybrid booster

pic of my lowered S/C '98 Regal GS

first time i've washed it since last May! it's pretty much stock beside the 4" JMB FWI. everything else is bone stock besides a 180* t-stat and one heat range colder plugs. i lowered it last summer with KYB AGX adjustable struts new KYB strut mounts, and SSC lowering springs. it looks like it's sagging a little in the rear but that's only because i have my trunk and backseat loaded with stuff. car is still running great with 121,xxx miles. it's an Arizona car with NO rust

i'd like to dyno both my GS and R/T this spring. #s should be close....maybe 200whp? kinda hoping to sell it though so i can get out of my car loan and help me become debt free. if that happens, the replacement will of course be.....another TM

-------------------------
    Joshua Mitchell
    '91 Dodge SPiRiT R/T
    '98 Buick Regal GS

turbo addict

Re: pic of my lowered S/C '98 Regal GS

How much do those cars weigh? I tried to talk my wife into a supercharged Buick. "Those are old people's cars" was her reply. I always liked them. Nice looking car!
    Kevin Isenberg EVERYTHING is for sale!

Hybrid booster

when did kyb come out with the agx's for the w body's?

i contacted them once and they said they never were going to product anything

I'm down with my bad self Turbo Mopar Staff Mopar_Nutz's Avatar

Very cool car. I've wanted a Regal GS for awhile for a daily, but MY girl says the same thing about "old people cars".
    I DID get her interested in a newer Bonneville SSEI (She's a 3rd gen Trans Am owner/lover so you can see why). Unfortunately we ended up with the Avenger isntead. Can't wait to sell it haha
    Ian
    `88 Mercedes-Benz 300E - The daily
    `92 Spirit ES - 2.5TI/523 swapped
    `89 Lancer Shelby - 2.5TI/413 stock
    `87 Shelby Charger - 2.2 with a few things done
    `79 Bronco 4x4 - Everyone needs a 4x4
    `76 Duster - Future big block stroker
    www.FWDMopars.com

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by mark View Post
    when did kyb come out with the agx's for the w body's?

i contacted them once and they said they never were going to product anything
    yeah i got the KYB AGX struts for $408 shipped for all four. i ordered them for a '98 Grand Prix GTP. alot less than what ZZP or WBS wanted! GMPP had a Koni strut/lowering spring combo for awhile there but they discontinued it (and it was $$$) and just in time KYB came out with the AGX for the W-body. the ride is great with the SSC springs. lately i've had them set at '1' (soft)...maybe i'm a wuss. changing the front is easy but to change the rears i have to crawl in the trunk (to reach the top of the strut/adjustment knob). no biggie.

--------------------------
    Joshua Mitchell
    '91 Dodge SPiRiT R/T
    '98 Buick Regal GS

Hybrid booster

yeah, I had the GMPP kit on my 98 gtp...
    i loved it on full firm, 100+mph blasts the car was uber stable and predictable.
    i had every GMPP susp bolt on for the w body, it was awsome.
    but i traded it for a dodge ram so i could get my quad around.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by Mopar_Nutz View Post
    Very cool car. I've wanted a Regal GS for awhile for a daily, but MY girl says the same thing about "old people cars".
    I DID get her interested in a newer Bonneville SSEI (She's a 3rd gen Trans Am owner/lover so you can see why). Unfortunately we ended up with the Avenger isntead. Can't wait to sell it haha
    i love the Bonneville SSEi! BUT, only the '92-'95 style. they are hands down one of the best looking GM sedans ever made IMO. they only came with the lowly Series-I L67 (with that tiny Eaton M62, blah) but swapping to a Series-II L67 wouldn't be too difficult. you could either tune the OBD-1 chip to run the Series-II or go full on OBD-II swap and tune with HPTuners or possibly DHP but last i heard DHP was dropping L67 support?

if i had my Regal GS paid off i'd love to get an older SSEi. or an '87 CSX. or an '88/'89 Lancer Shelby

next up on the GS is to get new front tires, tie rods, 4 wheel alignment, tint the windows and then someday get the supporting mods done to run a 3.2" pulley KR free. who knows though, i wish i could sell it to get out of my car loan actually. i'd love to get something to replace it that wouldn't require a car loan! ah well, i love the car and it's got enough low end torque to always put a smile on my face

-----------------------------------
    Joshua Mitchell
    '91 Dodge SPiRiT R/T
    '98 Buick Regal GS

Hybrid booster

i hate this damn car right now. i think the ICM died and i'm stranded 250 miles from home and have to miss work. my boss is pissed. new GM ACDelco ICM is $210 from rockauto.com! ugh! it might be the CPS if i'm lucky - that's less than $40...

i need to sell this thing and get me a SOHC TD.

-------------------------------------
    Joshua Mitchell
    '91 Dodge SPiRiT R/T
    '98 Buick Regal GS