Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: List the Rarest Turbo-Mopars...

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff dodgeshadowchik's Avatar

Re: List the Rarest Turbo-Mopars...

Thank you!! Its looking nice!!

"I'll give you anything you'll ever need and I'll find a way to turn you into a monster."

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    Shelby vans???
    I've seen the said pictures his brother in law has, in 2003 at Shelby for the little 20 year get together, he had them and was showing them off.

Crazy stuff, it was a full size Dodge Conversion van, with Shelby Decals, I think a different steering wheel, and some other specific Shelby stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by glhs727 View Post
    here is a recent picture
    I have pictures of and know where the '89 prototype grille and '89 hood that came off of the b-day car are.

In fact, here are the pics.

turbo addict

The BIRTHDAY CAR IS MISSING PIECES?!?!?!??!

turbo addict

Between 40 and 60 Turbo Reliant wagons were made in 1986.
    The black one is beautiful.
    Here is mine......
    http://polybushings.com/images/kwagon.jpg
    Great stuff for great cars! Poly engine mounts and bushings at: http://www.polybushings.com

I never knew those Turbo Reliants came with hood grates like that. Very cool!

turbo addict

I don't remember what the one I saw was. I DO remember that the "turbo" badges were tan in color just like what you would see on the turbo-vans when they were woody. I *think* it had two vents in the hood. This was a while ago, so it's all from fading memory...

As for the Electric Blue V6/5-speed 2-door Shadows...my aunt has one up in MD!! Very nice car...she loves that thing. Last time I saw it, it was unfortunatly starting to show typical hatch rust...but it *could* be fixed...I told her and my uncle that if they ever wanted to get rid of it to call me!!!

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff dodgeshadowchik's Avatar

Here's my blue shadow

Probably the reason I had such a hard time finding one was because I needed a body with no rust on it. lol! This car's undercarriage is in excellent condition! It does have the paint peel starting on the roof, tho. I was kinda picky too... as it needed to be a factory 5 speed, too.

"I'll give you anything you'll ever need and I'll find a way to turn you into a monster."

boostaholic

How about a no option 1990 5spd Turbo mini.

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

^^^ Thats gotta be pretty damn rare!

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Craig View Post
    How about a no option 1990 5spd Turbo mini.

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb289/Cmartjr31/options.jpg[/IMG]

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb289/Cmartjr31/Standardequipment.jpg[/IMG]
    That is my dream family ride! I am so jealous.

turbo addict

Yeah, they didn't make many of those..

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssPerformance View Post
    ^^^ Thats gotta be pretty damn rare!

Good im bringing it to the naperville show in May,rust and all.LOL that or my truck again.

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    That is my dream family ride! I am so jealous.
    I didnt realize it didnt have a/c or any options until I got about half way home with it. Found the window sticker once I got it in the garage.

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Craig View Post
    Good im bringing it to the naperville show in May,rust and all.LOL that or my truck again.
    Thats cool... I've had my ghettoass Shadow there a couple times

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by nBALLS View Post
    I've seen the said pictures his brother in law has, in 2003 at Shelby for the little 20 year get together, he had them and was showing them off.

Crazy stuff, it was a full size Dodge Conversion van, with Shelby Decals, I think a different steering wheel, and some other specific Shelby stuff.
    It should of had a csx steering wheel, with cs medalions on the front and the wheels, and a big cs logo on the spare tire cover, along with other decals. The best way to spot one is that they are white and have two blue stripes going down the middle like a viper. But from my understanding and what I heard, these were used by shelby's workers to go to different dealerships and take care of whatever business had to be done. If shelbymotorsports is on here maybe he can intale some better information. But it is a shelby vehicle.

Also what about the direct connection rampages. 130 some built I think. With the coveted rampage specific side ground effects.

Also the factory intercooled CSX-T's. Those are very rare. They were still T1, but I believe on those shelby spliced into the stock T1 harness and put in a charge temp. as well. I think these were also the only ones that got the shelby decal on the right side of the deck lid.

There was some lebaron that Alan showed me that was rare. He said it was the heaviest car. He'll have to tell you what it is, I can't remember.

My bro in laws 88' Lancer shelby was 1 of 8 that didn't get a sun roof or heated windows.

If I've heard correctly shelby made a motorcycle. I haven't seen pics or info, so I'm not to positive.

There were also the Lancer Pacificas and the Daytona Pacificas. Low production number like the Lancer Shelbys. They were both just T1 cars, But the lancer had the same body kit that the Lancer Shelby got. The lancers only came in white, but I'm not sure about the Daytonas. The only color I've seen was red.

If want to get technical with the rampage too, those had a lot of differen't interior options. I don't what options are rare than others, but there had to be a small some with certain colors and styles.

There were the 86 or 87 Shelby Chargers that got the blacked out Lemans wheels. Which look awesome by the way.

The shelby lancer that got the optioned cd players. along with any other early car that got one.

I'm not sure on this one, but did any of the 83' SC's come with the chrome valve cover and air intake from the factory and not bought and bolted on. If so that would be kinda rare.

I don't know if anyone else put these up, but the Iroc R/T daytonas. The factory produced ones and the race cars.

The CSX-T race cars. I think there were two of them.

The salt flats Lebaron. I don't know too much about it except that it had alot of crazy stuff on it.

There were a couple of 89' CSX's that didn't get the two center brake lights. These were used in all the photo shoots. So if you have a add or anything and you look, it won't have the brake light on the deck lid.

The SC rally cars.

The SC IHRA NHRA car.

I don't know if there were any cars that got these put on, but there are the 16 valve shelby valve covers. I do't know if any cars came from the factory or if there was a proto car with one put on.

The Shelby durangos are kinda rare. They are numbered cars.

I don't if the convertible dakotas are rare or not.

The real shelby vipers.

Iknow there's more, but I can't think of them right now.

We Todd D dot D Turbo Mopar Staff sdac guy's Avatar

Here are some pics I was sent of a Shelby van. This one was crushed by a salvage yard. I have no idea how many of these were built, or by whom. This one was a 1989 model year.

Also, Angelo Taylor's "Matchbox" 1984 Horizon is one of 84 produced that year with the 110 hp H.O. motor.

Barry
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shelby van 009.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	515.2 KB 
ID:	7253   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shelby van 005.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	310.5 KB 
ID:	7254   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shelby van 010.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	319.7 KB 
ID:	7255   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shelby van 011.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	386.4 KB 
ID:	7256   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shelby van 013.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	285.3 KB 
ID:	7257  
    86 Shelby Lancer Prototype
    90 Daytona Shelby VNT
    91 Spirit R/T

For your questions about SDAC, please contact BadAssPerformance

Invisible Turbo Mopar Contributor mcsvt's Avatar

I really like that van! Nice piece of info there
    -Gary Mazzone-
    1986 GLHS #168

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by stereo View Post
    There were the 86 or 87 Shelby Chargers that got the blacked out Lemans wheels. Which look awesome by the way.
    Got any information or pictures on those? I've never heard of that before.
    Kevin Isenberg EVERYTHING is for sale!

turbo addict

Man, too bad the van was crushed...any info on why?

The Pacifica Daytona's were available in different colors. I've seen red, black, and white. They *may* have had blue ones too. I don't know about the Lancer Pacifica's.

I think some of the vehicles you've listed can't really be called TD's. The Durango and the Viper for sure(although I've seen both)

The salt flats 'Baron I don't think qualifies either...it was a completely modded, not an option or even a design study for public consumption like the other cars...

We Todd D dot D Turbo Mopar Staff sdac guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper1 View Post
    Man, too bad the van was crushed...any info on why?
    It had some mechanical problems but I can't recall what exactly (this was in 2005). Guy was looking for a buyer but none could be found so he took it to the salvage yard. It was the yard owner that called me and ended up sending the pics to me. He said something like, "If you know anyone that wants this thing, have them call me in the next 3 days. After that it is going to the crusher." It was in some little town in Missouri and he had already talked to the MW Shelby club and they were not interested, telling him it was a fake. I too thought it was probably a home brew item until I saw the pics. The dash plaque and the seats are really what convinced me. What other vehicle came with CS captains chairs??? You can't fake those, well not easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper1
    The salt flats 'Baron I don't think qualifies either...it was a completely modded, not an option or even a design study for public consumption like the other cars...
    Yep, as was mentioned previously I don't think any of the modified cars should be counted. And BTW, the CSX-T racers were not made from real CSX-T's, they were modified stock P-bodies.

Barry
    86 Shelby Lancer Prototype
    90 Daytona Shelby VNT
    91 Spirit R/T

For your questions about SDAC, please contact BadAssPerformance

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast