Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: List the Rarest Turbo-Mopars...

Post List the Rarest Turbo-Mopars...

While reading Ralph Scott's post of finding the last Electric Blue Iroc R/T (now having them all accounted for except for one that was stolen in 02 ), I began to wonder, what would the list look like of the rarest turbo Mopars produced? The old school Mopar guys have those lists of the rarest 'Cuda, Challenger packages, etc. so I'm curious as to what a list of our style of cars would look like when broken down into the rarest.....

Of course, the blue Iroc R/T's would be close atop the list since only 8 were made in that color combo. Anyone want to give a shot at listing the rarest cars in order, #'d car or not? I guess we can throw prototypes in on this too, but do it in a separate list. The list should be based on rarity in terms of least # produced with certain options, etc. I post this up because I'd like to see input from those of you knowledgeable on the other various cars, such as Daytonas, Le Barons, Spirit R/Ts, Shelby Chargers, etc.

Here's a start, if I may: (Iroc R/T numbers used from Ralph Scott's website)

2 1989 CSX's w/ wide tire&non-recaro option
    3 1990 Chrysler Le Baron GTC-VNT's w/Mini Trip, Infinity II/CD, Black, convt.
    8 1993 Electric Blue Iroc R/T's
    15 1989 CSX's w/ wide tire&recaro option
    17 1993 White Iroc R/T's
    21 1990 Dodge Daytona VNT's with AGS option
    31 1992 Silver Spirit R/T's
    32 1993 Red Iroc R/T's
    34 1993 Black Iroc R/T's
    60 1992 Black Iroc R/T's
    75 1992 White Iroc R/T's
    90 1993 Emerald Green Iroc R/T's
    115 1992 Red Iroc R/T's
    208 1989 Dodge Lancer Shelby's
    255 1990 Chrysler Le Baron GTC-VNT's
    279 1988 Dodge Lancer Shelby's
    500 1986 Shelby GLHS Omni's
    500 1989 Shelby CSX-VNT's
    750 1987 Shelby CSX's
    800 1987 Shelby Lancer's
    1000 1987 Shelby GLHS Charger's
    1000 1988 Shelby CSX-T's
    1500 1989 Shelby Dakota's
    ? in red, ? in white

? 1990 Dodge Shadow VNT's (2 dr)
    ? 1990 Dodge Shadow VNT's (4 dr)

Prototypes:
    2? 90 CSX prototypes in Bonzai Blue
    3? 86 Shelby Lancer Prototypes
    Hans Herman Head GLHS Omni

Hopefully we can come up with a good list that everyone agrees on and we can narrow down the rarest of the rare
    Last edited by fleckster; 02-19-2008 at 03:12 AM.

Re: List the Rarest Turbo-Mopars...

Here's a couple that I own:

boostaholic

21 - 1990 Daytona VNT AGS

^^^^^^^

Forgot about the 90 C/S VNT

I have a friend in Seattle that brought one back from NY.

He has a friend in Tacoma that has one

Rare cars!

Hybrid booster

I'd imagine a VNT Shadow 4-door has to be toward the top of the list.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor "Top Fuel" Bender's Avatar

what about factory '86 glhs w/ rollcage
    and didn't one get a sunroof also
    of course one '86 hans herman head caged glhs also
    10's AGAIN '07, '08, '09
    TFB Fabrications custom billet machined parts for you Turbo Mopar

Forgot about the 1990 Daytona VNT AGS cars, nice one Josh!
    As well as the 1990 VNT Shadows (I know I've seen a breakdown on those before in color somewhere haven't I?)

Bruce, not sure about those GLHSs you mention (other than the Hans Herman one), so perhaps someone else can chime in?

This is exactly what I wanted to see - others pointing out additional cars like this. Keep it coming guys! I'll update the initial post as more information is collected. It'll be cool to see which vehicles would be ones to if found or picked up

I seem to remember that there were 15 '89 CSX's with both the wide tire and recaro options. A friend of mine has owned two himself...one was totalled (a bone stock, perfect, 17k mile car) the other is sitting in storage.

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

0 1988 factory turbo 2-door 5-speed k cars hehe

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat View Post
    I seem to remember that there were 15 '89 CSX's with both the wide tire and recaro options. A friend of mine has owned two himself...one was totalled (a bone stock, perfect, 17k mile car) the other is sitting in storage.
    Pat, that's listed.

Bucar, lol....

Hot Certified Christians at TD! Turbo Mopar Staff Directconnection's Avatar

Color combos shouldn't be included as "rarest" models produced at all along with leather seats, or what stereo it had. If hat were the case, there would be alot of one of one cars out there right now.

Years ago, I did the research on the VNT Shadows via DC. They told me there were no color breakdowns in their book, so am not sure where others aregetting the color info from.

141 VNT Shadows in '90, and 30 were competition package models. The 4 door cars supposedly were "none" wen talking to the woman's boos those years ago. He wasn't supposed to talk to the public, but I managed to talk to him for 2 minutes and that's what he told me. Then again, he had no idea there were T-IV's in P-bodies until the book showed the stats.

As far as the '90 VNT production #s.... we have:

VNT 4-door P-body
    AGS VNT Daytona
    VNT Lebarron convertibile
    VNT Shadow comptition package
    VNT Shadow ES
    VNT Lebarron
    VNT Daytona Shelby

Pretty much in order of production #s and the last... the VNT Daytona Shelby there were still just 540 produced.

Color breakdowns... Red and black are the most popular. If I broke down my competition package VNT Shadow that is red, then let's say it's a one of 13. No rear defrost, 9. No trunk or even a hood light, 3. No power amenities whatsoever 1 of 2. I am sure I could think of something to get it to one of one. But SILVER! I have only seen on FS online years ago. I think it was a CP car as well. Red, black, white and silver were the colors they could come in. I knew someone with a white VNT ES Shadow.

Anyone know how many turbo woody wagons were made? I always wanted one to make a sleeper out of. Close to 1,000?
    Quote Originally Posted by 22mopar
    have a look at my feedback on the forum. all positive.

Steve

'90 VNT competition package Shadow - T-III SC6262 conversion/restoration
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '92 IROC R/T - red
    '67 Barracuda 273 now, 440/727 awaits....

Hybrid booster

Curious how export cars would fit in ?? Certainly a Chrysler Phantom R/T or Chrysler IROC R/T would be fairly rare .

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

1 1988 CSX-T with Sunroof... The legendary one given to the daughter of the president of Thrifty Rental Cars

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

what about Alan's red/black 87 GLHS. only one of its kind if i remember?

turbo addict

I know Franks Daytona is rare. The 1991 Daytona Shelby was only produced 1/2 year...of those I was never able to obtain production numbers...but I do know I have seen very few 1991 White/White Pumpers (was)...and even fewer with black leather interior completely loaded with factory sunroof and all the bells and whistles.

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Fields View Post
    ^^^^^^^

Forgot about the 90 C/S VNT

I have a friend in Seattle that brought one back from NY.

He has a friend in Tacoma that has one

Rare cars!
    You must be talking about Colin Young. I call him my "cousin" 'cause we have the same last name, but we aren't actually related.

He has bought two C/S VNTs from back east, then he bought mine when I sold it to him, then he bought a wrecked one that Rob Walsh had, when I told him Rob had it.

So Colin has 4 '90 AGS C/S VNT Daytonas:

I believe that this is the color breakdown he has:
    1 White
    2 Red
    1 Blue(my old car)

The friend of his that had one in Tacoma, is my friend Aaron, and I traded Aaron an '87 Shelby Z T-Top 5spd with 76K on it, for the C/S back in '03. Aaron also has a '90 Shelby VNT that he is wanting to sell.

Here are a few pics: (best time at the track on a bleed to 11-ish psi was 15.2ish @88 or so, I forget exactly, but I have the time slip somewhere, lol.)

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Cool thread. Is there any way that we can get production numbers for the cars anymore? I have read that when Diamler came in they through out a lot of the info?

90 cs vnt (ags option) There were 36 cars built according to the 90 production sheet for the US market. (the production sheet is online - yahoo groups, vnt something or other (can't remember)). I have no idea how many were built as chryslers and neither did chrylser canada when I contacted them (export - canadian cars). I have a red one and I knew of another one in Ontario.

turbo addict

I owned one of the 2 89 CSX VNT cars and sold it just last year to a Shelby Collector in NJ. I still have one of the window stickers from it.
    Brad Pennington-Proud SDAC Member 1987 Dodge Shelby Charger 1988 Chrysler Lebaron Premium Turbo Convertible 1990 Dodge Shadow VNT Competition 1 of 30

Quote Originally Posted by nBALLS View Post
    You must be talking about Colin Young. I call him my "cousin" 'cause we have the same last name, but we aren't actually related.

He has bought two C/S VNTs from back east, then he bought mine when I sold it to him, then he bought a wrecked one that Rob Walsh had, when I told him Rob had it.

So Colin has 4 '90 AGS C/S VNT Daytonas:

I believe that this is the color breakdown he has:
    1 White
    2 Red
    1 Blue(my old car)

The friend of his that had one in Tacoma, is my friend Aaron, and I traded Aaron an '87 Shelby Z T-Top 5spd with 76K on it, for the C/S back in '03. Aaron also has a '90 Shelby VNT that he is wanting to sell.

Colin is the guy!

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast