Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: List the Rarest Turbo-Mopars...

Re: List the Rarest Turbo-Mopars...

Was anything saved from the van?

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sdac guy View Post
    Here are some pics I was sent of a Shelby van. This one was crushed by a salvage yard. I have no idea how many of these were built, or by whom. This one was a 1989 model year.

Also, Angelo Taylor's "Matchbox" 1984 Horizon is one of 84 produced that year with the 110 hp H.O. motor.

Barry
    That van is pimpin'

Dont forget the 1 of 2 Cuda

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=15236

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

turbo addict

I like that car, but I think the stripe would look better flat black
    Brad Pennington-Proud SDAC Member 1987 Dodge Shelby Charger 1988 Chrysler Lebaron Premium Turbo Convertible 1990 Dodge Shadow VNT Competition 1 of 30

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by bradp View Post
    I like that car, but I think the stripe would look better flat black
    + one!

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

Anybody mention the rarest of the numbered turbo Mopars? 2005 Commemorative Edition SRT-4's. Numbered 001-200. I'm sure there are a few less than that by now.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by contraption22 View Post
    Anybody mention the rarest of the numbered turbo Mopars? 2005 Commemorative Edition SRT-4's. Numbered 001-200. I'm sure there are a few less than that by now.
    See my orginal post, #25. complete SRT-4 break down, years, colors, ACR's by color and options.

Don't leave out GT Cruisers.

turbo addict

What about the T1/5 spd 1992/1993 IROC Daytonas? Not many of those made if I remember correctly. Plus there is definitely one less in the world because I picked one apart in the junkyard last year

Quote Originally Posted by 85shelbycharger View Post
    What about the T1/5 spd 1992/1993 IROC Daytonas? Not many of those made if I remember correctly. Plus there is definitely one less in the world because I picked one apart in the junkyard last year
    1992 was the first year of the 4th generation Daytona and the last year for the 2.5 TI engine. Only 230 IROC's were optioned in 1992 with the 2.5 TI, that includes both transmissions. Honestly I'm not sure if any other model Daytona could have been ordered with the TI that year. If you wanted a turbo Daytona in 1993 your only option was the TIII.
    [FONT="Arial Black"]Paul[/FONT] [B][SIZE="1"]US ARMY INFANTRY VETERAN[/B] 1995 Dodge Stealth R/T White DOHC 5 speed 1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Red DOHC 5 speed 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Blue TI 5 speed (2) 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Red TI auto 1991 Dodge Spirit R/T, Red (project) 1989 Shelby CSX-VNT #382 1989 Dodge Shadow ES, White TI auto 1987 Daytona Shelby Z, White TII 1987 Chrysler T&C wagon, Tan TII auto 1985 Dodge Lancer ES, Bronze TI auto 1982 Wife, White[/SIZE] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by blk86trbo View Post
    1992 was the first year of the 4th generation Daytona and the last year for the 2.5 TI engine. Only 230 IROC's were optioned in 1992 with the 2.5 TI, that includes both transmissions. Honestly I'm not sure if any other model Daytona could have been ordered with the TI that year. If you wanted a turbo Daytona in 1993 your only option was the TIII.
    I didn't know that! Thanks for the info!

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Don't forget that some of the '92 2.5TI IROCs had Shelby Decals:

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Ha, pull a part parking lot WAAAY cleaner than any of ours...

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Quote Originally Posted by nBALLS View Post
    Don't forget that some of the '92 2.5TI IROCs had Shelby Decals:
    Forgive the dust, was just pulled out of hibernation

[FONT="Arial Black"]Paul[/FONT] [B][SIZE="1"]US ARMY INFANTRY VETERAN[/B] 1995 Dodge Stealth R/T White DOHC 5 speed 1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Red DOHC 5 speed 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Blue TI 5 speed (2) 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Red TI auto 1991 Dodge Spirit R/T, Red (project) 1989 Shelby CSX-VNT #382 1989 Dodge Shadow ES, White TI auto 1987 Daytona Shelby Z, White TII 1987 Chrysler T&C wagon, Tan TII auto 1985 Dodge Lancer ES, Bronze TI auto 1982 Wife, White[/SIZE] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post
    Ha, pull a part parking lot WAAAY cleaner than any of ours...

Forgive the dust, was just pulled out of hibernation
    I didn't read your sig.

Mitsu booster

I got the only Turbo Hatch Labaron In benton harbor

Just and FYI, I once had documentation (when I worked at Chrysler) that showed there were a total of 243 built of the 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC R/T. I can't remember the exact number for the other years.

turbo addict

It had some mechanical problems but I can't recall what exactly (this was in 2005). Guy was looking for a buyer but none could be found so he took it to the salvage yard. It was the yard owner that called me and ended up sending the pics to me. He said something like, "If you know anyone that wants this thing, have them call me in the next 3 days. After that it is going to the crusher." It was in some little town in Missouri and he had already talked to the MW Shelby club and they were not interested, telling him it was a fake. I too thought it was probably a home brew item until I saw the pics. The dash plaque and the seats are really what convinced me. What other vehicle came with CS captains chairs??? You can't fake those, well not easily.

Yep, as was mentioned previously I don't think any of the modified cars should be counted. And BTW, the CSX-T racers were not made from real CSX-T's, they were modified stock P-bodies.

Barry
    Funny...I see the disclaimer now:

"No CSX-T's were harmed in this race"

Garrett booster

Here are some pics I was sent of a Shelby van. This one was crushed by a salvage yard. I have no idea how many of these were built, or by whom. This one was a 1989 model year.

Also, Angelo Taylor's "Matchbox" 1984 Horizon is one of 84 produced that year with the 110 hp H.O. motor.

Barry
    I think the one my bro in law found was number 80. I have a feeling that a bunch of them were exterminated before the auction. That's why no one knows about them. Was that the first year they fuel inj. those vans too, or was that earlier.

I forgot about the very, very low number of 87' CSX's that got the T slapped on and given to Thrifty.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Between 40 and 60 Turbo Reliant wagons were made in 1986.
    The black one is beautiful.
    Here is mine......
    http://polybushings.com/images/kwagon.jpg
    http://www.pnw-sdac.org/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=2699

That I know of there is only 3 of these left. But the turbo Reliants are a fun car. I also have the DC Rampage with 15" wheel call out on the door, 218 of these?

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by The Pope View Post
    http://www.pnw-sdac.org/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=2699

That I know of there is only 3 of these left. But the turbo Reliants are a fun car. I also have the DC Rampage with 15" wheel call out on the door, 218 of these?
    I believe turbo dave knows of another one around but it is all rusted. I hope to have mine at sdac this summer.

two point two much fun Turbo Mopar Staff Turbodave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OnLooker View Post
    I believe turbo dave knows of another one around but it is all rusted. I hope to have mine at sdac this summer.
    There is a guy named Skip near Omaha that has a turbo reliant (ex FBI car). I haven't seen the car in person ever, his brother has a nice 87 GLHS, and I think I've seen him on here before, he was at SDAC-16. Skip also had a turbo Daytona, Spirit ES and (this is how he described it, hold on....) an old roadrunner with a fin on the back. He says the roadrunner was pretty aerodynamic and got good mpg on the highway with the pointy nose. (it's not for sale...)
    Dave Tekampe
    Director SDAC National
    VP SDAC-Chicago

85 GLH-Turbo (DC intercooled)
    86 GLHS #107
    87 GLHS #148
    87 CSX #161, #608, #674
    88 CSX-T #529, #541
    89 Shadow Competition Package and lots more...

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast