Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: List the Rarest Turbo-Mopars...

Mitsu booster

Re: List the Rarest Turbo-Mopars...

Hell no it's not a collector car. Thought we were talking about the rare turbo mopars and this is the rarest srt4. But the cm Ed srt4's are number plated and limited enough to be desirable to the right person in the future. Acr models will be too.

It's been debated over and over. Only time will tell, but it's the cars that could have gotten you laid in highschool, and the cars that impressed at the track, that will sell well at auctions in the future. I think there are people that loved these cars that will some day be successful and want to relive the experience, and pay for it.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper1 View Post
    I spy with my little eye a European USA plate issued for AS armed forces and government emolyees in Europe. Where/when were you there? BTW, ours was LL5701. I still have the rear tag.
    Good eye! I was at Rhein Main, AB Germany from 1987-1990. Bought the Daytona through AAFES Military Sales. Whoever decodes the VIN will probably see that it was for export sales. Nothing better then showing the taillights to quite a few 3 series BMW's back then on the autobahn.

Quote Originally Posted by R/T View Post
    89 only, here's my daily driver - about 250,000 miles.

Leather, power sunroof too!!
    Seeing as I scrapped one of these, and am running the shortblock in my 1990 AGS 'Chrysler' Daytona C/S, ex-vnt car, mine should be one of the the rarest combinations ever "if we are going to count the one off's with options etc. and creations that people have created"

boostaholic

After completing the 93 R/T VIN list I can say I have three 1 of 1 optioned down Iroc R/Ts lol

Garrett booster

I just picked up a 1990 lebaron coupe, not convertible, black, vnt, 5 spd. Runs great. A deal I think? How rare do you think this car is, especially being a black hardtop?
    Last edited by 89Aries; 04-17-2011 at 10:49 PM.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by 89Aries View Post
    I just picked up a 1990 lebaron coupe, not convertible, black, vnt, 5 spd for 400. All it needed was a new battery and two new tires. Thing runs too good to be true. A deal I think? How rare do you think this car is, especially being a black hardtop?
    I saw one at Carlisle back in 2002 or something like that. It is one of 132 or so produced, but optioned down, Jackson might be able to help. I know he's got the R/T stuff down like no tomorrow, but I dunno aboutt he VNT stuff. I'd REALLY like to have a car just like that one day. A friend of mine had a red hard top VNT...simply AWESOME driver!

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper1 View Post
    A friend of mine had a red hard top VNT...simply AWESOME driver!
    Would that buddy of yours be Brian Campbell? A few years back I bought a red VNT coupe from him outta central Florida...
    [FONT="Arial Black"]Paul[/FONT] [B][SIZE="1"]US ARMY INFANTRY VETERAN[/B] 1995 Dodge Stealth R/T White DOHC 5 speed 1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Red DOHC 5 speed 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Blue TI 5 speed (2) 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Red TI auto 1991 Dodge Spirit R/T, Red (project) 1989 Shelby CSX-VNT #382 1989 Dodge Shadow ES, White TI auto 1987 Daytona Shelby Z, White TII 1987 Chrysler T&C wagon, Tan TII auto 1985 Dodge Lancer ES, Bronze TI auto 1982 Wife, White[/SIZE] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

I just picked up a 1990 lebaron coupe, not convertible, black, vnt, 5 spd for 400. All it needed was a new battery and two new tires. Thing runs too good to be true. A deal I think? How rare do you think this car is, especially being a black hardtop?
    It's already been mentioned that it is very rare. Post up some pics.

Garrett booster

You saw it at carlisle in 02??? It still has the faded carlisle sticker on the windshield!!! That's the car! I purchased it from a guy named Joe Lasko. He didn't even have it for sale, I had to track it down. I'm trying to clean it up a bit, I will post up pics of it as soon as I clean it. Let me know if you have any more information on this car, I'd be really interested!
    Last edited by 89Aries; 04-17-2011 at 10:51 PM.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by blk86trbo View Post
    Would that buddy of yours be Brian Campbell? A few years back I bought a red VNT coupe from him outta central Florida...
    No, that's not the car. The first of my friends that owned it got it from PA, then he sold it to another friend of mine who later sold it to somebody in North Dakota IIRC. Sad thing is the person that bought it said they planned on driving it through corn feilds. I'm sure that car is long dead. It was a VERY nice car though...

You saw it at carlisle in 02??? It still has the faded carlisle sticker on the windshield!!! That's the car! I purchased it from a guy named Joe Lasko. He took it off the road in 07, it had been sitting in newark rotting away. All it needed was a new battery and it fired right up, I couldn't believe it, I just had to save it. He didn't even have it for sale, I had to track it down. It probably would have been shipped to africa with the rest of the cars in that lot. Its kinda ratty atm, I'm trying to clean it up a bit, took out trashbags full of crap from the interior. I got about 600 in it, runs and drives, just need brakes. I will post up pics of it as soon as I clean it. Let me know if you have any more information on this car, I'd be really interested!
    I suppose that is the car! When I saw it he'd just gotten it, knew what it was, but didn't have it on the fun feild. He was driving it through the swap meet area. I have pictures of it packed away. I'd have to either scan them or take pictures of the pictures and send them that way. It was VERY clean and nice when I saw it.

Garrett booster

I suppose that is the car! When I saw it he'd just gotten it, knew what it was, but didn't have it on the fun feild. He was driving it through the swap meet area. I have pictures of it packed away. I'd have to either scan them or take pictures of the pictures and send them that way. It was VERY clean and nice when I saw it.
    Awesome! It looks like it had been well maintained at some point but it needs work now after sitting so long. I would love to have pictures of it, if you come across them please send them my way!

Quote Originally Posted by roachjuice View Post
    1989 CSX VNT production was 500 units.
    2 were modified for factory prototypes
    273 had power seats
    15 had both power seats and wider tires
    None of the 89's came equipped with power seats...

Garrett booster

So what about a factory sunroof van? A guy matt has one in central Florida..
    Main question.. i have the only one I've ever seen so I'm curious.. how rare do you think an 88' chrysler town and country with a power cloth bench seat is? I can't find anything about these cars.. no vin decoders tell me anything, no list of even body letter codes (k car? G body? ect..) also at a J yard in Tampa there's a lebaron with some special body kit package on it for sale.. Jackson knows the one.. what's the rarity of it? I could probably get pictures to be more specific.. can't remember the name of the kit, not a gtc i don't think...

boostaholic Turbo Mopar Contributor Lee'sdaytona's Avatar

Laser convertable? Never heard of it till tonight on cardomain....
    -Lee
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/295624...chrysler-laser

turbo addict

So what about a factory sunroof van?
    I have a 1990 turbo van with one.
    Great stuff for great cars! Poly engine mounts and bushings at: http://www.polybushings.com

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I have a 1990 turbo van with one.
    Yeah, growing up, a friend of the family had a 90 caravan, automatic N/A with a sunroof. I thought it was awesome!
    -Lee

Banned Turbo Mopar Contributor

i seen a 90 caravan. i believe it was the Town and country. had the cool grill. it was also extended wheel based. had power sunroof. i cant remember if it was a 2.5 turbo or a V6 tho....

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Lee'sdaytona View Post
    Laser convertable? Never heard of it till tonight on cardomain....
    -Lee
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/295624...chrysler-laser
    I've written a history on those convertible g-bodies several times. The marooon one in Jacksonville was up for sale aroun 1999. I actually went and saw it in person. At the time the asking price was $3500. I currently own original photos that are the EXACT ones posted on Cardomain. I don't know if they are duplicates or what, but I got mine from a person who got them form the guy that originally took them. I aslo own an original sales brosure for them as well. Exact production numbers are unknown, but seem to fluctuat between 50 and 500 made from 1984-1986. There are both Lasers and Daytonas. I'ver personally seen 2. Including those I know of 5.

So you wrote that reply on Cardomain then? Pretty cool. I have the 86 brochure, and it doesn't mention anything about a convertible option.
    -Lee

turbo addict

Yeah, that was me. The convertible brochure is from the aftermarket company that did the conversions, not Chrysler.