Thread: TIII AIS is it specific? I've got idle issues.

turbo addict

TIII AIS is it specific? I've got idle issues.

I had cold idle issues with the AIS that came on my R/T. I swapped out with a TII unit and it cured the cold idle problem, but it won't idle below 1200 rpm. I tried a 2nd TII unit, same thing; great cold driveability but high warm idle. Swapped back in the bad TIII piece, won't idle when cold but will go down to 800 rpm warm idle. Swapped in yet another known excellent AIS out of my TII Omni, great when cold but still a high idle when warm.

I also noticed that when I'm coasting in nuetral the bad TIII piece will hold the idle around 1300 rpm until I stop, while the TII units hold it near 2k until I stop.

Do ya have any ideas???
    “If the people of the nation understood our banking and monetary system, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.” -Henry Ford

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanman²'s Avatar

Re: TIII AIS is it specific? I've got idle issues.

They say the idle motors are different in the 52mm tb but I've used idle motors from each unit-46 and 52mm and haven't had any issues. It sounds like you have a vacuum leak.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Hybrid booster

My '93 parts book shows the TIII has it's own AIS part number, but it's pretty similar to the 3.0, 3.3 and 3.8 V6 parts. TIII PN 5277839

turbo addict

I don't doubt it that the PN is specific since the angle the connector is at is different. I'll double check for the vacuum leak.
    “If the people of the nation understood our banking and monetary system, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.” -Henry Ford

5277839 is only for the T3