Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Neon -vs- Vibe

turbo addict

Re: Neon -vs- Vibe

Quote Originally Posted by risen View Post
    and about 3 feet between the side of the car and the grass (with trees) on the side or median
    Man, practice driving through gaps only 6 inches wider than your car at 70mph and you'll quit worrying about that stuff...

two point two much fun Turbo Mopar Staff Turbodave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RoadWarrior222 View Post
    Man, practice driving through gaps only 6 inches wider than your car at 70mph and you'll quit worrying about that stuff...
    Like towing my 8'6" wide car trailer through chicago construction...
    Dave Tekampe
    Director SDAC National
    VP SDAC-Chicago

85 GLH-Turbo (DC intercooled)
    86 GLHS #107
    87 GLHS #148
    87 CSX #161, #608, #674
    88 CSX-T #529, #541
    89 Shadow Competition Package and lots more...

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Was your neon towing the trailer when you whacked the vibe?

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssPerformance View Post
    Was your neon towing the trailer when you whacked the vibe?
    Heck yeah, 3/4 ton neon FTW!!!
    Dave Tekampe
    Director SDAC National
    VP SDAC-Chicago

86 GLHS #107
    87 GLHS #148
    87 CSX #161, #608, #674
    88 CSX-T #529, #541

For those that havn't seen Dave's 3/4T neon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000903-01.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	36.9 KB 
ID:	7699  

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!

Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Oh you two....

boostaholic Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by RoadWarrior222 View Post
    You can't even get a trailor on this highway, it's limited access, and the bridges are like 9ft tall in some spots. Check out the below link for some sort of idea about how many deaths happen because of the trees. There's a cross every 10 miles or so, a couple of teenagers just died 2 weeks ago because they tagged a tree. The pic on the side of the tree canopy gives a better idea. Sliding along a jersey barrier is one thing, going from 80->0 because of a tree is totally different. Don't forget, I'm not in a truck.

I should mention that it's a awesome road to take a sports car out on, lots of twisties, almost no cops there's nowhere for them to sit and a pain to get out into traffic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merritt_Parkway

No offense to anyone, but Blizzaks are quite an investment for some wheels sizes & as soon as you have decent weather they just wear down like pencils erasers. They do their job for traction, boy do they ever, but allow squirming/leaning on dry roads (a little creepy even to the experienced).

I'd personally for the cost factor rather have a decent all-season set of tires versus winter to all-seasons again, but hey to each their own.

Now, I can say one thing… I now own a 2004 GT Cruiser from previous ownership of a 2002 Neon ES. The GT's front-heavy giving me great traction in the snow where as my Neon would've slid, etc. I had 1 extremely minor snow-related accident in the Neon, but in the same conditions nothing with the GT (ie: Extra Torque, HP, & FWD Weight/Traction really does make all the difference)!

Quote Originally Posted by sweendog13 View Post
    No offense to anyone, but Blizzaks are quite an investment for some wheels sizes & as soon as you have decent weather they just wear down like pencils erasers. They do their job for traction, boy do they ever, but allow squirming/leaning on dry roads (a little creepy even to the experienced).
    No offense taken, I estimate that I'll get about 4 winters out the $200 Hankook's on my neon. For $50 a winter it's well worth the piece of mind for me. I run them on stock 14" wheels instead of the 15" low profiles I run in the summer. With all the potholes we have on our roads after the plow trucks tear them up, the extra sidewall helps keep me from bending wheels and other damage caused by the rough roads.

While they aren't as nice as my summer tires, I've found that they wear pretty well and still handle decent on dry pavement, possibly better than the Blizzak's I've run in the past. They do produce a bit of noise, but that's an ok trade-off for me.

We have a nice set of new Yokohama all season's on our PT, and while it's very capable in the snow, it's night and day going from that into the snow tire equipped neon. We've had a long snowy winter this year, with hardly a week since the beginning of Dec that didn't have a snowfall, so they've been well worth it this year.
    Dave Tekampe
    Director SDAC National
    VP SDAC-Chicago

86 GLHS #107
    87 GLHS #148
    87 CSX #161, #608, #674
    88 CSX-T #529, #541

Hybrid booster

You have to love a guy that can justify! Rationalize even...

Got another 3-5 inches on the way...

boostaholic Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by sweendog13 View Post

I'd personally for the cost factor rather have a decent all-season set of tires versus winter to all-seasons again, but hey to each their own.

Now, I can say one thing… I now own a 2004 GT Cruiser from previous ownership of a 2002 Neon ES. The GT's front-heavy giving me great traction in the snow where as my Neon would've slid, etc. I had 1 extremely minor snow-related accident in the Neon, but in the same conditions nothing with the GT (ie: Extra Torque, HP, & FWD Weight/Traction really does make all the difference)!
    I think when I bought my blizzaks they were around 10-15$ more per tire, but it's a common size (205/60/16 I think). I drive ~150mi per day, so anything that makes my commute easier in the chance of snow is OK by me. I'm going back to my conti's in a couple weeks, I'll be glad to have my car back to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by MiniMopar View Post
    Got another 3-5 inches on the way...
    Forecast says 6-10 during the day tomorrow and another 1-3 tomorrow night, so 7-13in.
    Dave Tekampe
    Director SDAC National
    VP SDAC-Chicago

86 GLHS #107
    87 GLHS #148
    87 CSX #161, #608, #674
    88 CSX-T #529, #541

Hybrid booster

NO! NO! NO! NO MORE!

I want all y'all to pull your propane, oxy/ace, plasma, and torpedo heaters out tonight and aim up!! Let's try to blow it all to some state that dosen't matter! Like Michigan... Or Iowa... Indiana??
    We've had enough of this white crap right??

Stupid snow! I thought by buying 2 BFG AT tires that would end it all!? Guess I shoulda bought 4?

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President

Hybrid booster

That's why I opted for the BFG T/As on the tail of mine.. Looks funny as heck but it works!

A part of me doesn't mind the incoming snow cuz I want to test the new AT's out on the suicide circle just north of the house!

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President

Hybrid booster

I don't need video but ya gotta get some audio there!

The Dak sounds meaner everyday with more and more rust holes in the exhaust

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President

Hybrid booster

Well.. I was thinking about the howl of the A/Ts but a hole filled (?) exhaust may drown it out..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast