Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: NEW lifters for race applications

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor glhs727's Avatar

NEW lifters for race applications

we are currently testing a new lifter. These are almost identical to the stock lifter but are approx. 1mm longer so if you are using a regrind that requires shims, this will go in without having to use a shim. it has a large bleed hole on the top, and can withstand a lot more abuse and rpm than our other lifters. We have tried them on our drag car, w/o issue, but before we release them for sale, I'd like to try them in a couple of road race applications. If you know anyone running one of our regrinds and they have a motor that easily spins past 7K, we would like to talk to them.
    Later,
    Cindy
    FWD Performance is a performance shop with a significant investment in this market. We pride oursleves with a hard work ethic, friendly customer service, and honest business dealings with no hidden fees. FWD Performance, Real Race Products by Real Racers.

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

Re: NEW lifters for race applications

Will they work with a stock cam (ie, NOT reground)?
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Hybrid booster

Once head gasket changed and a day at the track,the cam is goin in!(hint,hint)

Hybrid booster

I can spin my 2.2 with a F4 cam easily to 7500....

Hot Certified Christians at TD! Turbo Mopar Staff Directconnection's Avatar

Cool. Do they work with the stock cams? I am assuming no. If not, will you be releasing these for stock cam applications as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by 22mopar
    have a look at my feedback on the forum. all positive.

Steve

'90 VNT competition package Shadow - T-III SC6262 conversion/restoration
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '92 IROC R/T - red
    '67 Barracuda 273 now, 440/727 awaits....

boostaholic Turbo Mopar Contributor

So, are these like long PT lifters?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][FONT=Comic Sans MS]'91 Shadow convertible 2.5 auto, three core RP IC, S60/.48 stg 1, ported two-piece intake/52mm TB, Menegon +1 swirl, 88 turbo cam, Venolias, Crower rods, TU deep sump pan, ported exhaust, 3" from SV to TP, Hughes TC, Peloquin diff, DSS L5 driveshafts, Shelgame cal, Koni struts/shocks. [/FONT]

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Directconnection View Post
    Cool. Do they work with the stock cams? I am assuming no. If not, will you be releasing these for stock cam applications as well?
    Why wouldn't they? it would mean just more preload. 1mm is not much.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor glhs727's Avatar

first off they are 91 thousand longer than stock. I thought the PT was shorter than stock not longer, but since I do not have a PT one here, I cannot tell you how much they are different from the PT. My understanding was that the PT required several shims. Could you use these with a stock cam? maybe but I don't see why. I mean why have a bad --- lifter and just use a stock cam when there are so many good profile cams available that make more power.
    Kevyn, hurry down......we are waiting for ya!!.........
    still loookign for a road racer. I want to test these at a tarck where someone is running high rpms for a sustained period. I know they will work 1/4 mile at a time already.
    later,
    Cindy
    FWD Performance is a performance shop with a significant investment in this market. We pride oursleves with a hard work ethic, friendly customer service, and honest business dealings with no hidden fees. FWD Performance, Real Race Products by Real Racers.

Quote Originally Posted by glhs727 View Post
    first off they are 91 thousand longer than stock. I thought the PT was shorter than stock not longer, but since I do not have a PT one here, I cannot tell you how much they are different from the PT. My understanding was that the PT required several shims. Could you use these with a stock cam? maybe but I don't see why. I mean why have a bad --- lifter and just use a stock cam when there are so many good profile cams available that make more power.
    Kevyn, hurry down......we are waiting for ya!!.........
    still loookign for a road racer. I want to test these at a tarck where someone is running high rpms for a sustained period. I know they will work 1/4 mile at a time already.
    later,
    Cindy
    Ahhhh, that makes sense, , I think people got confused with the PT thing.

Yes, the PT's are shorter than stock, I have the spec somewhere but if memory serves, there around .064"
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.

Hoosier Daddy?? Turbo Mopar Staff Clay's Avatar

cindy - would these work in a street/strip car?
    Clay
    1986 GLH-T - Flat black......... learn it, love it, LIVE IT!
    1988 LeBaron GTC Turbo

SDML Readers Rides
    C/S Registry
    Stuff For Sale

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    Ahhhh, that makes sense, , I think people got confused with the PT thing.

Yes, the PT's are shorter than stock, I have the spec somewhere but if memory serves, there around .064"
    The two washers that Rob sent me for use with the PT lifters were each .061" thick for a total of .122" shim. Does anyone know the factory preload on the stock lifter/follower?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][FONT=Comic Sans MS]'91 Shadow convertible 2.5 auto, three core RP IC, S60/.48 stg 1, ported two-piece intake/52mm TB, Menegon +1 swirl, 88 turbo cam, Venolias, Crower rods, TU deep sump pan, ported exhaust, 3" from SV to TP, Hughes TC, Peloquin diff, DSS L5 driveshafts, Shelgame cal, Koni struts/shocks. [/FONT]

first off they are 91 thousand longer than stock. Cindy
    I don't want to be argumentative, but 1mm is .0394"

Quote Originally Posted by John B View Post
    The two washers that Rob sent me for use with the PT lifters were each .061" thick for a total of .122" shim.
    Ok, that sounds right, its in my faq but too lazy to look,

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

...We have tried them on our drag car, w/o issue, but before we release them for sale, I'd like to try them in a couple of road race applications. If you know anyone running one of our regrinds and they have a motor that easily spins past 7K, we would like to talk to them.
    Later,
    Cindy
    Good call on testing in a road racer, stock lifters live past 7k fine in a street/strip car

So FWDP has a drag car now? Since when? Pics?

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Vendor

Quote Originally Posted by moparzrule View Post
    Helloooooo.......
    As they are still in test, I'm not sure they have been priced. Give her a call if you need a better answer then that.
    [SIZE=4][COLOR=red][B][URL="http://www.fwdperformance.com/store"]FWD Performance[/URL][/B][/COLOR] is a performance parts and service business catering to a variety of high performance cars. We carry a full line of products to service and upgrade [I][COLOR="#FF0000"]Turbo Mopars, Shelby Dodges and Chryslers[/COLOR][/I] of all makes, models and years. From parts to service, fabrication and dyno tuning there is something for everyone. Visit our store at [COLOR=red][B][URL="http://www.fwdperformance.com/store"]FWD Performance[/URL][/B][/COLOR], we'd love to hear from you![/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssPerformance View Post
    Good call on testing in a road racer, stock lifters live past 7k fine in a street/strip car

So FWDP has a drag car now? Since when? Pics?
    I've had the car for a while now. We don't promote it very much and I prefer to take cars to events that I can road and drag race. I've actually never taken any pictures of it and it needs paint. I do have some in car video of a pass where I blew the head gasket. The car started as Gary McKissic's (SP?) "Sleeper". When we received it, it was supposed to do 11's right off the trailer. Instead, I had to gut it and start over. It was a complete POS! hacked wiring, leaky injectors, blown turbo.......total crap. Since then, I've done a lot of work to it and ran 7.0 in the 1/8th while trying to work the tune. I need to beef up the trans a bit, I'd like a tran's brake for it and I want to put my header equal length header on it. It takes time and money though.
    [SIZE=4][COLOR=red][B][URL="http://www.fwdperformance.com/store"]FWD Performance[/URL][/B][/COLOR] is a performance parts and service business catering to a variety of high performance cars. We carry a full line of products to service and upgrade [I][COLOR="#FF0000"]Turbo Mopars, Shelby Dodges and Chryslers[/COLOR][/I] of all makes, models and years. From parts to service, fabrication and dyno tuning there is something for everyone. Visit our store at [COLOR=red][B][URL="http://www.fwdperformance.com/store"]FWD Performance[/URL][/B][/COLOR], we'd love to hear from you![/SIZE]

Man! No wonder he gave up on the long rod project!

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JamesL View Post
    I've had the car for a while now. We don't promote it very much and I prefer to take cars to events that I can road and drag race. I've actually never taken any pictures of it and it needs paint. I do have some in car video of a pass where I blew the head gasket. The car started as Gary McKissic's (SP?) "Sleeper". When we received it, it was supposed to do 11's right off the trailer. Instead, I had to gut it and start over. It was a complete POS! hacked wiring, leaky injectors, blown turbo.......total crap. Since then, I've done a lot of work to it and ran 7.0 in the 1/8th while trying to work the tune. I need to beef up the trans a bit, I'd like a tran's brake for it and I want to put my header equal length header on it. It takes time and money though.
    I remember that car from ~15 years ago... would have been nice to see Garry finish it the way he wanted to.

So thats now the official FWD-P drag / product test car? You should show off what it's got to help promote FWD-P and your products

BTW, sorry to hijack...

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Quote Originally Posted by moparzrule View Post
    Thats fine, but the answer would have been nice a week ago when I first asked

With so many things to do, its hard to watch and answer every post on every forum. We'll try to do better.

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssPerformance View Post
    I remember that car from ~15 years ago... would have been nice to see Garry finish it the way he wanted to.

So thats now the official FWD-P drag / product test car? You should show off what it's got to help promote FWD-P and your products

BTW, sorry to hijack...
    Great minds think alike.
    Now, I need more hours in a day.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast