Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Found 89 CSX, recaro seat car

turbo addict

Found 89 CSX, recaro seat car

It's on a salvage auction vehicle website where you have to bid for it. Current bid is $1600, looks like it only needs a rear bumper. All other Shelby items look like they are there. Car has a WA salvage history and is located in Pocatello, ID. Looks like bidding ends on Feb 3.

Registration is free and you don't need a dealer liscence.

FROM THE LISTING:

vehicle info

Year

Make
    DODGE

Model
    SHELBY SHADOW

Exterior
    RED

Mileage
    105,035 - EXEMPT

VIN #
    1B3BP94A5KN******

INVENTORY #

Title
    WA BILL OF SALE
    (MUST BE RECONSTRUCTED IN WA STATE ONLY)

Offer Period Ends
    SUNDAY, 2/3/2008 11:59:00 PM EST

SS TYPE: COLLISION
    DAMAGE TYPE: ALL OVER
    ENGINE: 2.2L 4
    DRIVE: FRONT-WHEEL DRIVE
    CYLINDERS: 4
    FUEL: GAS
    COLOR: RED
    BODY STYLE: HATCHBACK 2DR

AUCTION VERIFICATION: RUNS AND DRIVES *

* The above verification has NOT been performed by RideSafely.com (refer to FAQ page for detailed explanation)

The item above is an "Insurance Auction" vehicle and we DO NOT have any other information than listed above. Insurance auctions do not provide damage reports, full description, running condition of the vehicle, etc.

THIS ITEM IS BEING SOLD "AS IS"!

PLEASE DO NOT CALL OR EMAIL us with requests for additional information -- WE DO NOT HAVE IT!

Important Notice: If you hold a highest eligible offer on our "Insurance Auction" item, WE WILL PURSUE THE ACQUISITION PROCESS OF THIS VEHICLE FROM INSURANCE COMPANY AUCTION. If we acquire the item - the customer with the highest eligible offer gets it. If we don't -- deposit is either kept for next offer or refunded upon the request.

This is the chance to buy a vehicle you’ve been looking for at a substantial discount price. However, RULES ARE VERY STRICT AND NOT NEGOTIABLE!

http://www.ridesafely.com/inventory....DGE%2520SHELBY

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor Anonymous_User's Avatar

Re: Found 89 CSX, recaro seat car

Although this car MUST be salvaged and rebuilt by SOMEONE........

Important Notice: If you hold a highest eligible offer on our "Insurance Auction" item, WE WILL PURSUE THE ACQUISITION PROCESS OF THIS VEHICLE FROM INSURANCE COMPANY AUCTION. If we acquire the item - the customer with the highest eligible offer gets it. If we don't -- deposit is either kept for next offer or refunded upon the request.
    It sounds like this place takes YOUR bid and THEN goes out and TRIES to buy this car for you!! WTH??!??

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want that thing

Someone out that way better get this! It doesn't look like a bad fix at all! Seriously, a front and rear bumper cover, a good cleanup of the interior, and a tune up of wires, spark plugs, fluids, etc. and you got yourself a damn fine looking ride! The fiberides even look good!

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by DC Turismo View Post
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want that thing

Someone out that way better get this! It doesn't look like a bad fix at all! Seriously, a front and rear bumper cover, a good cleanup of the interior, and a tune up of wires, spark plugs, fluids, etc. and you got yourself a damn fine looking ride! The fiberides even look good!
    if you want it, buy it. shipping prolly be in the $600 range

Quote Originally Posted by rich tideswell View Post
    if you want it, buy it. shipping prolly be in the $600 range
    I would but my Dad, brother, AND girlfriend/future wife would kill me.

Plus I need to focus on one project at a time, aka #414 haha

I'd really like to see someone get this though. Who cares if it has a salvage title. This looks like a solid project just from the pics.

Hoosier Daddy?? Turbo Mopar Staff Clay's Avatar

Title
    WA BILL OF SALE
    (MUST BE RECONSTRUCTED IN WA STATE ONLY)
    what about this??????? WA state only????????????
    Clay
    1986 GLH-T - Flat black......... learn it, love it, LIVE IT!
    1988 LeBaron GTC Turbo

SDML Readers Rides
    C/S Registry
    Stuff For Sale

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post
    That is interesting. I haven't the foggiest what that is supposed to mean, but that car is easily salvageable.

turbo addict

Looks pretty good! Hope someone here gets it.
    I know where you can get a rear air dam.

Johnny
    Great stuff for great cars! Poly engine mounts and bushings at: http://www.polybushings.com

turbo addict

i haven't a clue either, but i'm ASSUMING it means that the car has to be reapired and then certified by the state of WA before it can be issued a road worthy title.

i haven't a clue either, but i'm ASSUMING it means that the car has to be reapired and then certified by the state of WA before it can be issued a road worthy title.

But its located in ID??? Why would it have to be certified in WA just since the auction company is located there? And besides that, you guys honestly see anything more than a missing rear bumper, bangedup front airdam, and a taillight?

turbo addict

Why would it have to be certified in WA just since the auction company is located there? ?
    Depends on the laws in that state....in this case WA was the state that issued the salvage title (for what ever reason, most likely due to missing safety equipment - no rear bumper) and therefore has to be the state that reissues a good title....... now that doesnt mean there aren't ways around this....

I'm no expert on salvage laws state to state, nor do i know how to jump through hoops to get a DMV to do all the dirty work. I do know that this prolly isnt breaking new ground as far as getting good titles issued and im almost postive that if someone buys this car in another state and rebuilds it, they will be able to get a title through their home state once the car is inspected....... might cost some $$$$$ though......

you guys honestly see anything more than a missing rear bumper, bangedup front airdam, and a taillight?
    nope....looks like an easy one..

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff dodgeshadowchik's Avatar

More then likely it will never be able to get a clean title. You can get "rebuilt" titles; but those are not the same as a clean title. Once a salvage title has been issued it stays with the car. I believe that is for liability and information for any future owners. I know alot of people get irked when they find out a car was in a wreck before.

For both of my shadows (inc. the CSX), I had to apply for titles without an original one. The previous owners were unable to supply a title when I bought them. When I went to the Secretary of State they had to run a nationwide history on the car to make sure there were no salvage titles issued or reports of the car being stolen. And MI tends to be more lienient than other states when it comes to titling a vehicle. they told me if it came back bad, there was nothing they could do. Luckily, both cars were clean.

Long sotry short; if you can live with a salvage or rebuilt or reconstructed title, this car would be for you. Keep in mind, cars with titles such as these tend to be alot harder to resell and generally worth less a clean titles counterpart.

That's my two cents. Other than that, the car looks like a pretty easy fixer-upper!

"I'll give you anything you'll ever need and I'll find a way to turn you into a monster."

Basically if this is a car you're looking to fix up, keep, and enjoy, then a salvage title is a minor issue. But if someone is looking at buying it to turn a profit, then that's a major issue.

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

I would but my Dad, brother, AND girlfriend/future wife would kill me.
    Now is the time to get it if she is your future wife! Once you are married, it's all over!

Hard to believe you need a salvage title for that. Nothing a little tape won't fix. The front air dam is already a fiberglass replacement one. Love the car phone mounted in it too. Very high tech!

1 day 20 hours 45 minutes left.

If anyone in the area of Pocatello, ID is seriously interested in working together to try to save this car email me and we might be able to work something out.

turbo addict

interesting site...

There's a turbo minivan going at $1200ish... what I'm trying to figure out though is who the heck would bid $1000 for a 119K mile '89 3.0 that looks like it needs more than a panel, passenger fender and wheel ripped off, probably K frame and structural damage to strut tower etc. Can't even see that's it's a 5 speed or anything. Dunno if I'd take on the Turbo van for that much either, and that's with having a spare hood, fenders, grille and lights sitting in my garage.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolV300C View Post
    Now is the time to get it if she is your future wife! Once you are married, it's all over!

Hard to believe you need a salvage title for that. Nothing a little tape won't fix. The front air dam is already a fiberglass replacement one. Love the car phone mounted in it too. Very high tech!
    HAHA Well she's very understanding about my hobby. I have her sold on the argument that bringing 30 TM's home a year for a couple hundred bucks a piece would be the same thing as paying a car payment for a brand new car

That car phone looks to be ancient. Wonder when the last time this car was driven? Is that phone a factory one?

boostaholic

haha, you are in luck.
    Just bought a wrecked srt-4 from washingington. They dont do salvage titles. They DMV marks the titles and destroys them. I would make sure that you can get a cetificate of fact with the car. Basically I got a photo copy of the title, and a certificate of fact from WA stating that they dont do S titles, and that they destroy them. Had no problem getting a title for the car.

MAKE SURE THAT
    #1 you get a photocopy of the origional title
    #2 that you get a certificate of fact from the state of WA

If you dont get these, you have no use for this other than a parts car.
    unless you live in washington of course.

Quote Originally Posted by spoolinhard View Post
    haha, you are in luck.
    Just bought a wrecked srt-4 from washingington. They dont do salvage titles. They DMV marks the titles and destroys them. I would make sure that you can get a cetificate of fact with the car. Basically I got a photo copy of the title, and a certificate of fact from WA stating that they dont do S titles, and that they destroy them. Had no problem getting a title for the car.

MAKE SURE THAT
    #1 you get a photocopy of the origional title
    #2 that you get a certificate of fact from the state of WA

You know what? With all the headache this could be in getting a title, I don't think it would be worth it unless you are only looking to part it out. I don't know if you could recoup the investment unless the interior is in excellent shape.

Hot Certified Christians at TD! Turbo Mopar Staff Directconnection's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spoolinhard View Post
    Or Maine.
    Quote Originally Posted by 22mopar
    have a look at my feedback on the forum. all positive.

Steve

'90 VNT competition package Shadow - T-III SC6262 conversion/restoration
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '92 IROC R/T - red
    '67 Barracuda 273 now, 440/727 awaits....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast