Thread: swap

Mitsu booster

swap

hello my name is eric and i have a 85 shelby charger and i was wondering what engines i maby be able to swap with engine harness to my car thaks.

two point two much fun Turbo Mopar Staff Turbodave's Avatar

Re: swap

Howdy Eric!

Not exactly sure what you're plans are, but most of the 2.2 and 2.5 Turbo engines are interchangeable. Your 85 has a different cylinder head, computer and distributor than the 86 and newer cars, but those aren't hard to swap out. As far as wiring harnesses go, the ones from any Shelby Charger are a direct swap, the ones for an Omni GLH are almost the identical too. Any other cars harnesses would require modification to work with the 40-pin bulkhead connector on your car.
    Dave Tekampe
    Director SDAC National
    VP SDAC-Chicago

85 GLH-Turbo (DC intercooled)
    86 GLHS #107
    87 GLHS #148
    87 CSX #161, #608, #674
    88 CSX-T #529, #541
    89 Shadow Competition Package and lots more...

You could swap in any engine, and send you ECU to be socketed and a custom cal put in for that engine/setup. The only problem is that your MAP sensor in on the ECU, so if you want to go more than 14 PSI you need to upgrade to a underhood 3 bar MAP sensor.
    Not sure if anybody has given you this link, but there a site that has tons of info of these cars.
    www.thedodgegarage.com
    Go to the ''turbo database'' and you'll learn all about these engines and whats years stuff changed.

Mitsu booster

thanks