Thread: K car dash alternatives

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor 85lebaront2's Avatar

Talking K car dash alternatives

Has anyone on here tried fitting a different dash in a K car other than the C or E? The reason I am asking is the limited cluster options on the K dash. You had an analog cluster with almost no gauges, several iterations of digital cluster that are neat if you are into video games, or like some of the interesting features.

Re: K car dash alternatives

I'm sure it's possible, as they all seem to bolt in the same. A Lancer might be the closest thing to a K based car. You might also be able to modify the cluster from another car to work in the current dash that you have.
    84 Laser XE TII A555 89 Caravan SE TIV A568

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor 85lebaront2's Avatar

I had tried a Laser cluster. The issue on the K dash is the height vs width of the opening. The K dash has a low opening to allow for the gear indicator below the cluster, then they made it wide. It is about 1/2 inch shorter top to bottom as the G body and roughly 1 to 1 1/2 inches wider. Lancers are in short supply around here, I have an extra (at present) J interior, but have to take a K car apart to try it for fit. If it works, I have the system monitor from the Laser and even the light monitor toroids.

turbo addict

A lancer cluster might work. When I get mine back on the road I plan on taking some measuremnts and going from there. Id love to put a analog 86 cluster into my NY.