Thread: FS:2.5 T1 shortblock rebuilt, .030 Mahles, etc.

Garrett booster

FS:2.5 T1 shortblock rebuilt, .030 Mahles, etc. $400 + shipping

I must be crazy or something but, I just bought this short block from a member on the boards here (Daytona5spd) and I only picked it up from him shipping it here to CT. this past Tuesday! (I have the bill of lading to prove it!)

Since Tuesday, the opportunity has come along for me to buy a ready to install engine that better suits my Shelby Z.

The specs of the short block are as follows:

- The Engine is an '89 T1 2.5 CB Bored .030 over using Mahle pistons from FWD. Rods have been honed and checked and new wrist pin bushings have been put in. Crank is ground .010m/.020r. Brand new oil pump assembly comes with it. Balance shafts have been removed and oil holes plugged.

I paid $400 for the shortblock and $150 to ship it here from Missouri.

Just give me $400 bucks, you pay the shipping and I'll eat what it cost me to ship it here. I just want to get on with my next venture.

If you are local to Connecticut, then pick up is preferred. I will get it ready to ship it out of town for someone, but you will be responsible for organizing the pick up and payment for that shipping.I have pics available if you want to see it and I believe Daytona5spds post for this item has a link for pics to view as well.

Feel free to email me at: tvseliokas@hotmail.com

Thanks!
    Last edited by OrangeCrush; 01-21-2008 at 01:16 AM.

Garrett booster

Re: FS:2.5 T1 shortblock rebuilt, .030 Mahles, etc.

Some lookers, but no takers as of yet...

$400 and you pay shipping costs. A good deal.

Email or PM me for pics. I have a container and a pallet ready to go!

Cheers!
    Last edited by OrangeCrush; 01-21-2008 at 01:17 AM.

Garrett booster

I have had a few inquiries on whether an oil pan or pick up are included in the sale. Neither item was present when I got it; only the new oil pump and some associated rear main bearing/seal gaskets go with it.

$400 plus shipping. A sweet deal for someone!

Garrett booster

I have had alot of "tire kickers" claiming "VERY INTERESTED" and then I go through the trouble of send pics, description etc. only to have them not reply and I literally have to pull teeth to get a courteous response.

Please, only serious inquiries should be made. A short block is just that; not a whole motor, but something on which to start a good basis for a car needing a motor. It's a common block and it has fresh stuff in the bottom end, you add the rest. I am motivated to sell, so I am looking for those who want to BUY.

Some are concerned about shipping. All I can say is that I will package it as carefully as I received it and when it gets to its destination, you go from there. The expense of shipping is really not that bad. It's not like these things are growing on trees in our backyards, so the internet has provided for us a medium to find the stuff we need.

I have good transactions amongst the Mopar faithful, so please consider this item if you have the need for it.

Thanks...I feel better now!

Now, to the top!

Garrett booster

Have you ever felt that you were in over your head?

Well I think I bit off more than I could chew trying to put together a short block...I am somewhat of a newbie in the world of FWD TD's. Granted I know the old school Mopar stuff pretty well...been doing it for 25 years. I know the Turbo Mopar's are a different animal, (hell, I love my Shelby Z and can't wait to get it going!!!), but I think I would be better off with this complete motor that I want.

$300 and you pay shipping.

Help me out and let me go back into the corner, lick my wounds and learn from my mistakes...

I come to you all hat in hand...I am Humbled by those here and I respect the Turbo Mopar.

Peace.

Garrett booster

Sale Pending!!!!