Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: A true S60 roller cam-now available-regrind or new billet!

boostaholic Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: A true S60 roller cam-now available-regrind or new billet!

Quote Originally Posted by WLKivett View Post
    Have you tried one? A s60 cam with a roller profile must be very aggressive. I'll bet that cam will idle like a ProMod car. Sweet!

Landon
    It shouldn't have a bad idle with only 260 degree duration. The high lift doesn't affect the idle at all. I'm using an F2 with 260 right now and it has a very acceptable idle. A different LSA can make a difference, however. I don't know what the respective LSAs for the F2/S60 are. I kinda suspect the S60 has a closer LSA. Anyone?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][FONT=Comic Sans MS]'91 Shadow convertible 2.5 auto, three core RP IC, S60/.48 stg 1, ported two-piece intake/52mm TB, Menegon +1 swirl, 88 turbo cam, Venolias, Crower rods, TU deep sump pan, ported exhaust, 3" from SV to TP, Hughes TC, Peloquin diff, DSS L5 driveshafts, Shelgame cal, Koni struts/shocks. [/FONT]

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by John B View Post
    It shouldn't have a bad idle with only 260 degree duration. The high lift doesn't affect the idle at all. I'm using an F2 with 260 right now and it has a very acceptable idle. A different LSA can make a difference, however. I don't know what the respective LSAs for the F2/S60 are. I kinda suspect the S60 has a closer LSA. Anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    I am now selling a real copy of the S60 slider cam put on a roller cam with no wear issues or valve train longetivity problems. Due to the conversion, it has a tad slight more duration but .499 lift.
    S60 cams had a nice thumpy idle and this has more duration thats way I said I bet this would have a ProMod idle. Should produce nice power up top.

Is this cam similar to the Steve M cam?

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Is this cam similar to the Steve M cam?
    I honestly have no idea.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

this has more duration
    I don't want more duration! I want the exact same valve timing!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][FONT=Comic Sans MS]'91 Shadow convertible 2.5 auto, three core RP IC, S60/.48 stg 1, ported two-piece intake/52mm TB, Menegon +1 swirl, 88 turbo cam, Venolias, Crower rods, TU deep sump pan, ported exhaust, 3" from SV to TP, Hughes TC, Peloquin diff, DSS L5 driveshafts, Shelgame cal, Koni struts/shocks. [/FONT]

Does anyone know the LSA for the original S60 cam? The Dodge Garage article on it's development says that it has a wider LSA than usual. Does the cam grinder have a genuine S60 cam to take readings from? The Comp Cams version has 268 degrees duration vs the original S60's 260 degrees. It's not the same cam.

Does anyone know the LSA for the original S60 cam? The Dodge Garage article on it's development says that it has a wider LSA than usual. Does the cam grinder have a genuine S60 cam to take readings from? The Comp Cams version has 268 degrees duration vs the original S60's 260 degrees. It's not the same cam.

This is NOT from Comp Cams. He has the original specs of the S60, taken from an S60 Slider cam. Again, this is 100% EXACTLY the same as the original but due to the conversion, it has a tad more duration.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.

Why would it be necesssary to increase the duration to convert from slider to roller? You can make a roller any duration you want! I am a bit confused here.

turbo addict

What kind of setup should this be used on? Stock or heavily modified? Sorry for the newb question.

It was designed for 300HP at 18 PSI on a 2.2. The rest of the combo was the famous S60 turbo, a big valve ported G head, a two-piece intake modified to accept a 52mm TB, +40s, modded cal, and a higher flow fuel pump. The IC for the S60 package was also a bit better than the stock T2 . A ported head done by capable vendors today would outperform the old MP S60 head, and any good double core size IC is far better than the S60's. Cals are also better now, (if you can get someone to do one in a reasonable time).

In my opinion, the S60 cam is good because of it's high lift and relatively low overlap. I think it would be a great choice for boost aps in the 18 to 21 psi range.

hmm, interesting indeed

turbo addict

OK so duration and lift remain the same, right? How about the shape of the lobes? The "area under the curve" as it's better known?

Why would it be necesssary to increase the duration to convert from slider to roller? You can make a roller any duration you want! I am a bit confused here.

Have you looked at a roller cam recently? I was told due to the rollers design, the duration changes slightly, not enough to worry about, sheesh man.

Quote Originally Posted by 1984rampage View Post
    What kind of setup should this be used on? Stock or heavily modified? Sorry for the newb question.
    Slighly modified would be fine, a better IC would sure help.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow88 View Post
    OK so duration and lift remain the same, right? How about the shape of the lobes? The "area under the curve" as it's better known?
    Again, see post 1,

Yes, the lobe is different, its a roller cam.

turbo addict

I am now selling a real copy of the S60 slider cam put on a roller cam with no wear issues or valve train longetivity problems. Due to the conversion, it has a tad slight more duration but .499 lift.
    An edited version of post 1.
    No mention of shape of the lobe or the steep opening ramp and slightly more gental closing ramp of the slider super 60 cam.

When you say the lobe is different, do you mean less abrupt so the roller follows the cam properly? If so, would you happen to have a side-by-side picture of both cams, or am I asking too much?

An edited version of post 1.
    No mention of shape of the lobe or the steep opening ramp and slightly more gental closing ramp of the slider super 60 cam.

When you say the lobe is different, do you mean less abrupt so the roller follows the cam properly? If so, would you happen to have a side-by-side picture of both cams, or am I asking too much?

Hahaha, well of course its different, its a roller cam, you can't run a slider profile with a roller. I really can't offer any more info than that. Its a ROLLER cam with the S60 specs. I honestly don't understand the confusion,

Sorry, no pics as I don't have any made and due to the nature of TM'ers, I won't until I get paid, no offence,

boostaholic

I think I just found the cam for my new 2.2 build for my 'S. Should make that 'S car go! Sorry, sorry....I couldn't resist.

When you say the lobe is different, do you mean less abrupt so the roller follows the cam properly?
    An exaggeration for example would be that a flat follower cam has steep ramps and a sharp peak whereas a roller has rounded egg shaped lobes. Placed side by side, roller and slider cams with identical timing will look very different just at a glance.

I honestly don't understand the confusion,
    I'm just easily confused. No worries; if it's a S60 spec roller, I'm happy.

I'm just easily confused. No worries; if it's a S60 spec roller, I'm happy.

For the millionth time, yes,

Now we need 4 or more people and its a go.

boostaholic

How many are left at the discount price? And is any cam a core...assuming it's not damaged beyond repair?

I don't want to speak out of place for Simon, but I'm pretty sure it would have to be a good roller cam for a core. Not a slider. Jump in, with you we need just three more!

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast