Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: A true S60 roller cam-now available-regrind or new billet!

Mitsu booster

Re: A true S60 roller cam-now available-regrind or new billet!

hi there im new to this forum i just got refered this link since i was looking for a slider s60!! but the roller seem pretty interesting!! how u guys proceed for payment and shipping address? btw i live in quebec , canada! i do have a taff s2 whit spring kit and washer under the lifter since its a regrind cam...do u think 1 washer and those spring do the job?i think yeah but i want other opinion!

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Hey welcome.

Not sure on the shims yet as no one has run one with PT lifters yet. I would guess you would need 2 shims and one shim at the very least.

You can PM me your info and I can set you up.

Simon
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

boostaholic Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous_User View Post
    No road tests yet??!!??
    Waiting for springs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][FONT=Comic Sans MS]'91 Shadow convertible 2.5 auto, three core RP IC, S60/.48 stg 1, ported two-piece intake/52mm TB, Menegon +1 swirl, 88 turbo cam, Venolias, Crower rods, TU deep sump pan, ported exhaust, 3" from SV to TP, Hughes TC, Peloquin diff, DSS L5 driveshafts, Shelgame cal, Koni struts/shocks. [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by John B View Post
    Waiting for springs.
    I could have sold you some,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.

any road tests yet? Hey Simon, have you installed on eyet and if so what can you tell about it?

Quote Originally Posted by JuXsA View Post
    any road tests yet? Hey Simon, have you installed on eyet and if so what can you tell about it?
    No one has installed one yet as far as I know. I don't have an 8 valve car to test one with. If someone doesn't hurry up, I might use Whore's VNT for a guinea pig.

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    I could have sold you some,

These are already paid for. Thanks though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][FONT=Comic Sans MS]'91 Shadow convertible 2.5 auto, three core RP IC, S60/.48 stg 1, ported two-piece intake/52mm TB, Menegon +1 swirl, 88 turbo cam, Venolias, Crower rods, TU deep sump pan, ported exhaust, 3" from SV to TP, Hughes TC, Peloquin diff, DSS L5 driveshafts, Shelgame cal, Koni struts/shocks. [/FONT]

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

Are these still availabe?

Quote Originally Posted by omni_840 View Post
    Are these still availabe?
    There always available,

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    There always available,
    Cool, do you have any more people in line for a group buy?

Quote Originally Posted by omni_840 View Post
    Cool, do you have any more people in line for a group buy?
    Not at this point, just being made up on demand. You can wait if you want but it could be a long time,

Any word on dyno tests?

Quote Originally Posted by John B View Post
    Any word on dyno tests?
    See above, post 206

Right now I'm tuning my engine with the stock cam yet. Only have 120 miles on the rebuild. In a week or 2 I'll throw in the S60 just to see what happens and get an initial opinion up here.
    Tonight I turned it up to 15 PSI (I was only running like 7 PSI for the first 100 miles), with the stock cam I did a 3rd gear pull to 6700 and it was still pulling like crazy. Didn't want to take it to extreme RPM's with such a fresh rebuild. If this S60 gives me more top end, I feel this will be a 7500 RPM setup.

turbo addict

Anyone running this cam yet?

Hybrid booster

Matt, would you hurry up and try that cam already?

Hehe, having oil pressure issues that need resolved first! The relief spring in the oil pump took a dump or something, won't get any more than 45 PSI oil pressure. The Mopar spring kit will be in tomorrow at the dealer, after that gets installed I can install that cam. Hoping to do that all this weekend actually.

OK installed the cam today. First impression, it's a decent cam. But, no extensive tuning done yet I have to tweak the calibration for it and also the cam is installed straight up right now so I haven't touched cam timing yet either.
    This is installed in a ported +1mm G headed 2.2L, with a large hybrid turbo at 18 PSI currently.

Slight loss in low end power, most noticeable from idle-2000 RPM, not bad, just noticeable. Lost 2'' vacuum at idle, not bad. Does not really lope at all, still has pretty smooth idle. At 4000 RPM on the highway the engine seems smoother, it's liking the higher rev's. Not extensive high RPM testing only took it to 6500 RPM for now. Lost about 200 RPM turbo spoolup, again not bad actually less than expected.
    Here again some cam timing tweaks could fix any if not all these things, along with some adjustments in the cal.
    Overall so far I'm happy with the purchase. Right now, seat of the pants dyno is saying maybe 10-15 WHP at 18 PSI. The turbo was spiking to 20 for a few seconds, and it definitely pulled harder at 20 then when it settled down to 18. So, maybe this cam likes big boost? Which is good because I plan to do that.
    Simon do you know the specs of duration at .050''? The comp cams S60 is 218 duration, what are these?

Quote Originally Posted by moparzrule View Post
    OK installed the cam today. First impression, it's a decent cam. But, no extensive tuning done yet I have to tweak the calibration for it and also the cam is installed straight up right now so I haven't touched cam timing yet either.
    This is installed in a ported +1mm G headed 2.2L, with a large hybrid turbo at 18 PSI currently.

Slight loss in low end power, most noticeable from idle-2000 RPM, not bad, just noticeable. Lost 2'' vacuum at idle, not bad. Does not really lope at all, still has pretty smooth idle. At 4000 RPM on the highway the engine seems smoother, it's liking the higher rev's. Not extensive high RPM testing only took it to 6500 RPM for now. Lost about 200 RPM turbo spoolup, again not bad actually less than expected.
    Here again some cam timing tweaks could fix any if not all these things, along with some adjustments in the cal.
    Overall so far I'm happy with the purchase. Right now, seat of the pants dyno is saying maybe 10-15 WHP at 18 PSI. The turbo was spiking to 20 for a few seconds, and it definitely pulled harder at 20 then when it settled down to 18. So, maybe this cam likes big boost? Which is good because I plan to do that.
    Simon do you know the specs of duration at .050''? The comp cams S60 is 218 duration, what are these?

Sweet, thats awesome to hear. Too bad you didn't get a vid/sound clip with both cams you were running.

From what I've read, the S60 loves boost.

The specs are exactly the same as the slider S60, so whatever duration you dig up for a slider, should be the same.

OK, I'm just not sure is comp cams is the exact same as mopar's super 60 and I can't find duration thats not just the advertised 260 for the original mopar cam. Anybody?

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast