Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I learned something new today...

I learned something new today...

A diamante 3.0L intake will not fit a chrysler 3.0L... the thermostat housing is in the way of the distributor...

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: I learned something new today...

You have to mount it backwards and rerout the coolant hoses.

and get rid of the crossover pipe... wont clear that either....

Garrett booster

actually, it will.

Bearly

i tried putting it on... it wont

Garrett booster

Funny. Mine fit. But I did take the heat shield off first.

hmmm... i'm still trying to figure out exactly what all has to be done... i have a fuel rail, lower intake, plenum, tb, a few sensors, hoses... i'm kinda confused

the heat shield is definately in the way... whats required to remove that?

pliars, a drill.....you have to remove some spot welds. That, or hit it with a hammer till it gets out of the way...and then you still have a heatsheild.

hmmm... would a dremel + a metal cutting disc work better?

I personally would go with the hammer technique. I dont like the idea of having some of the heat sheild missing.

Hey, here is something that sean dalton told me.

There is a distributor available that points towards the front of the car rather then pointing straight up. That would mean you wouldnt hit the distributor.

Garrett booster

find a pic and show!!!!!!!!!

I'd be interested in that one. Since I have a diamante intake complete with injectors.

Mitsu booster

What's the advantage of the Diamante intake? or is that what you're trying to find out?

it should flow much better... plus i now have a much larger throttle body... 60+ mm vs. 48 stock (i moved up to a 52 mm, but still this is huge!)

also... heat shield will not beat enough out of the way... still got a bolt hole causing some interference...

Hey, this is Sean. That distributor cap is for the 91-94 Hyundai Sonata, yet another MMC powered vehicle. The towers point to the side of the cap, towards the valve covers, not up, so there's probably about an inch less height in the cap itself, plus however much height the wires no longer take up. It goes right on our dist with no problems.
    I'm using a Sonata lower intake under a fab'd aluminum plenum and SC base on my SC project now, I'm basically mirroring Dan's set-up as far as that goes. Still using the SVO 30lbs injectors and the Avenger fuel rail though. I HAVE to use the fuel rail no matter what, I want a piece of my dear departed Christine to live on!

Brent, what is the compression ratio on your Venolias? They have it down as being 8:1, but I think I remember you said it was actually going to be lower. I'm going 8:1, with a 1mm over stock bore.

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by Ondonti
    Hey, here is something that sean dalton told me.

There is a distributor available that points towards the front of the car rather then pointing straight up. That would mean you wouldnt hit the distributor.

What about when it's time to change the cap and rotor?

Will there be enough room to pull the parts off without the intake manifold getting in the way?

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger
    Hey, this is Sean. That distributor cap is for the 91-94 Hyundai Sonata, yet another MMC powered vehicle. The towers point to the side of the cap, towards the valve covers, not up, so there's probably about an inch less height in the cap itself, plus however much height the wires no longer take up. It goes right on our dist with no problems.
    I'm using a Sonata lower intake under a fab'd aluminum plenum and SC base on my SC project now, I'm basically mirroring Dan's set-up as far as that goes. Still using the SVO 30lbs injectors and the Avenger fuel rail though. I HAVE to use the fuel rail no matter what, I want a piece of my dear departed Christine to live on!

Brent, what is the compression ratio on your Venolias? They have it down as being 8:1, but I think I remember you said it was actually going to be lower. I'm going 8:1, with a 1mm over stock bore.
    What does "they have it down as 8:1" mean. They dont stock sohc pistons. The sohc pistons I have are not 3000gt pistons. I mailed them a stock pistons so I could get he right valve reliefs etc.

Mine are 7.5:1 compression. After my work in the combustion chamber, its probably more like 7.1:1, then with a head shave maybe up to 7.25:1 or something like that. Anyways, Im looking for 35psi boost or more if the t67 turbo will support it .

the problem with the distributor is not height clearance... the problem is that it occupies the same spot as the thermostat housing...

Mitsu booster

Then reverse the lower intake, have it's flange cut off, rotated 180 and rewelded on if you are wanting the upper in a "stock" orientation...

That's what I'm doing with my dual runner Diamante intake......Among other things...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast