Thread: Not a TD race but it was with my napa truck!!

TurboII

cant stand people when they do that.

Im a driver at napa. Ever since i started this job it feels like nobody ever pays attention to the truck with the yellow hate on. I swear you not cars just cut u off, tailgate, run you off the road, and dont even get me started when im in the aveo. By the way i have a 98+ Chevy s10 v6 vortec. well today i was minding my own business in my lane heading in the right direction. when this dude in a brand spanking new $50,000 F-350 super duty pulls up to me in the turning lane yes that's right turning lane. trying to cut me off to get in front of me and the rest of the people in back of me. well as soon i saw that i was "don't think so buddy...you have to wait your turn". The dude with the 350 already was a fender ahead of me (truck was nearly under neat the light). So i gas braked it a little, Light turned green and i took off nice ...no spin no nothing..just off... i went, the ford did the same but i out accelerated him by the time my s10 shifted to 2nd i had about a truck on him. Then my speed limit came and i coursed at speed and the ford guy was left behind me for about 3 miles hahahah.

keep in mind..my napa truck has 163,000 its pretty banged up and has a yellow hot on, the side of the truck says GET THE GOOD STUFF!!!! and the truck is worth know more then 300 bucks ahhha. I find it funny how a $50,000 truck couldnt even touch it...for shame

Joey
    Last edited by TurboII; 01-13-2008 at 02:49 AM.

TurboII

Re: Not a TD race but it was with my napa truck!!

Even tho i should of started this thread in the lounge area because it wasn't really a race. But today i go into work my boss calls me in and guess what? that dude with that super duty called my hows my driving number in and i got in trouble for something i didn't do wrong. The description said i was smoking my tires and tried to race him. I was like excuse me suir, that was a bunch of bull. This dude comes and trys to cut me and ever one behind me off because somebody doesn't have the patients to wait. I was like that dude did an illegal move and could of caused an accident by cutting somebody off in a one lane road (remember he was in the turning lane). I was like its not my fault he didn't succeed in his 50,000 truck.

My boss wasn't mad at me at all, he was just like you have to be careful even if you do have the right away. He said your driving a company's truck you have to me at much too nice.

Joey
    Last edited by TurboII; 01-13-2008 at 02:50 AM.

turbo addict

Haha im a counter person at Napa... thats probably not a good thing to get caught.

Our last driver was caught 88 in a 55. Hes gone now. Thank the lord. We hated him.

TurboII

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetona View Post
    Haha im a counter person at Napa... thats probably not a good thing to get caught.

Our last driver was caught 88 in a 55. Hes gone now. Thank the lord. We hated him.
    Ya but see i wasnt doing no 88 in a 55 nor was i speeding. i got in trouble for someones stupid mistake and someone with a crushed ego. I told my boss how did i get in trouble when i have the right away.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

4.3 5 spd 2wd s10s are fun.. they will one wheel peel into 3rd.. random man, away!

TurboII

The auto's are pretty quick too. but i perfer 5spd

I had to drive a 2.3 5-speed Ford Ranger for work. It was a fleet truck too, no options at all. For a truck, it would definately get along pretty good. I had a riced early 90's Accord rev at me once and I raced him to the speed limit. It was a battle of snails, but that little truck out-ran the Accord. The guy in the Accord was pissed too, but we didn't have any "How's my driving" signs or anything. Not that I did anything illegal either, but some people are just jerks no matter what.

TurboII

Quote Originally Posted by EvilcowRoland View Post
    some people are just jerks no matter what.
    tell me about it. I cant stand that stuff. If its not your fault in the first place they try and make it your fault.