Thread: Maxxon dual-twister SMEC, Unique Super 70 turbo, gauges, custom minivan radiator/fan

Garrett booster

Maxxon dual-twister SMEC, Unique Super 70 turbo, gauges, custom minivan radiator/fan

Hello everyone. Pics are included at the bottom.

The Maxxon SMEC is calibrated for a 2.5, +40's, 3 bar map, automatic, larger turbo etc. I had it on my 89 Voyager, but I am not the original owner, and it worked great. You can adjust the timing, fuel, and boost from inside the car. The knock sensor will light up the "check engine" light when it sees detonation and you can enable extras like a shift light or BOV control, but I never used these features. - SOLD

The Super 70 turbo is also from my van, but I guess I'm not a turbo builder as it has shaft play from front to rear. I disassembled it to check the wheels, as you can see in the pics, and everything appears to be in good working order - except you will have to, at the very least, replace the thrust bearing. This one's kind of unique in that I also used the Grand National turbine wheel which is much nicer than the stock turbine wheel - lighter and much more efficient (see pic), but I had to have the exhaust housing machined to accept the wheel and properly relocate the turbine wheel (and center section) about 1/8" deeper into the housing - therefore this turbine housing will only work with the Grand National wheel from now on. The turbine housing is much better than it looks as there's no broken bolts and the threads are all good and it's 0.48 A/R. The compressor housing and backplate was machined straight from Turbonetics for the wheel, and I bought a red anodized wastegate actuator bracket from Cindy at FWD performance. The actual wastegate actuator does not come with it, just the bracket - sorry, I forgot to remove it before the pics. - $250 for all + shipping or if you just want the wheel, compressor housing and backplate - $150 + shipping

The Air/Fuel gauge worked fine and it's easy to install - $20 shipped

The 30 psi vac/boost guage is an Autometer 2-1/16" 30-0-30 which is in perfect shape. Summit sells this for $50 - SOLD

The radiator is an aftermarket double core unit designed for 89-90 voyagers and caravans. I made some brackets to accept a daytona plastic fan. It's nice as it covers the entire radiator. - $30 + shipping - SOLD

Thanks,
    Howard

Last edited by Howard; 02-01-2008 at 12:54 PM. Reason: sold boost guage

Re: Maxxon dual-twister SMEC, Unique Super 70 turbo, gauges, custom minivan radiator/

I would like to have the radiator with the fan (that comes as pictured, right?). How much to 30016? Paypal?

-Les

Garrett booster

Re: Maxxon dual-twister SMEC, Unique Super 70 turbo, gauges, custom minivan radiator/

Hi Les. Yep, the fan comes with the radiator, just as pictured. According to USPS.com it will be about $20. So you could paypal me $50 to 2bar@comcast.net and I'll send it out in the morning.
    Howard

Can you turn that rad. sideways and take a pic for me please? Thanks for getting back.

-Les

Garrett booster

Sorry it took me a day to get the pic - here's a side view.

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor Darkapollo's Avatar

digital AF gauge?
    Shipping to 17015 please

Hybrid booster

what type of payment do you accept ?

Norm

boostaholic

Boost gauge still for sale? If so put my name on it.....

Garrett booster

Darkapollo - Shipping's free bud - $20 covers it all.

Overboostmotorsports - I'll take paypal - 2bar@comcast.net or money orders, bank checks etc. - just no personal checks (got burned before)

Lotashelbys - The boost guage is yours.

Howard

Hybrid booster

me neither on personal checks. ok paypal sounds good i will talk to my customer and find out what they want to do about the turbo.

Thank you
    Norm

Garrett booster

Boost guage is sold to Lotashelbys.

Overboostmotorsports - no problem, let me know if you want to see any other views and I'll take some pics tomorrow.
    Howard

Howard, sorry! I forgot about this rad and fan. I will paypal you the money as soon as I can.

-Les

Garrett booster

OK Les, let me know...
    Howard

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor Darkapollo's Avatar

sending paypal right now.

Garrett booster

Darkapollo, just to let you know, nothing came through from Paypal, and I'm assuming you were talking about the Air/Fuel gauge?
    Howard

Garrett booster

Maxxon SMEC is sold.
    Howard

Howard, just wanted to let you know that I just sent you that money for the fan and radiator through Paypal. Please let me know when you get the money into your account. Thanks, man!

-Les

Hybrid booster

howard

customer declined the turboupgrade right now sorry for wasting your time.

Norm

Hybrid booster

Howard

will that exhaust wheel work in a .63 housing ? i found out yesterday i smacked my wheels to hell

Norm