Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Digital dash swap for 1987 Daytona Shelby

Hybrid booster

Re: Digital dash swap for 1987 Daytona Shelby

i read somewhere that therr is a computer or spomething that allso goes with the digti cluster dose thet apply tothe older ones my brotther just picked up a lazer and it has the digi cluster maybe ill pull his car apart if he lets me to find out but if anyone has any diagrams besides the ones naj posted it would be great as they were for the newer digi cluster and cant help me really with his car but they will help with mine

Only the 90 up cars need the Body Control Module to make the digital cluster work.
    84 Laser XE TII A555 89 Caravan SE TIV A568

Hybrid booster

ah good to know thanks , my brother just picked up a laser that has the same digi dash as i was talking about so im gunna pull his cluster out to see how its wired ,the tona and the lazer are both 85s so the wireing should be the same as far as colors right ,i dont know i guess ill find out

You could swap the entire dash harness, that would be the best way to go if the cars are the same year.

Trust Me...I'm "The Doctor"™ Turbo Mopar Vendor LaserXT1986's Avatar

Just something to add to this thread:

1.) The 84-86 Digital Dashes on the G, K, etc. bodies all had a removable mileage chip in the back. This can be swapped from one dash to another (of the same years) and you can also put out a "who has a mileage chip" thread to see if someone has one that is close to your current mileage (it doesnt matter which dash it came out of, so long as it was 84-86).

2.) If using the 84-86 digital dash, make sure the switch on the back is switched to export (some of them are switched to US). This allows the dash to go over 85mph.

3.) The 87 to 89 dash on the J and G bodies does NOT have a removable chip. It can be reprogrammed by a speedo shop but this would incur some $$$.

4.) The suggestion of using a body harness from the year/make of the car that already had the dash is a VERY wise suggestion. I have over 11 years experience with G bodies and doing this swap throughout different years....believe me, unless you want splice headaches, tracing shorts, etc...its MUCH MUCH easier to take the entire dash out, remove the existing dash harness, replace the dash harness with one that had the digital dash(make sure it's the same year, as EACH year had minor changes that will affect compatibility with the plugs and bulkhead connectors).

Like I said I have done extensive work with these dashes so if you need any other advice post it here and I will help wherever I can
    David C. Lucidi/1986 Chrysler Laser XT aka "K.I.T.T"
    Authorized TM Decal Vendor:

"SDAC-Club decals": National & many others.
    "Turbo-Mopar": All Decals in store.
    "Turbos Unleashed": Decals in the TU store.
    "Custom and One of a Kind": PM me your specific needs!
    "G-BODY TURBO,TURBO Z, SHELBY Z decals": 100% authentic exact reproduction of factory originals, guaranteed to meet concourse level restorations.

Mitsu booster

Will this be same for 89 lebaron??

Yes, they are pretty much exactly the same.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12