Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Carroll Shelby's 85th BirthDay Bash!!!

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Carroll Shelby's 85th BirthDay Bash!!!

Carroll Shelby's 85th BirthDay Bash!!! There were only 100 tickets available. I grabbed one before it sold out like a rock concert. SDAC-VP, Craig St. Pierre (speeddemon) and I plan to attend to make sure that SDAC has a presence and to see what it is all about. Just curious if anyone else here is planning to attend?

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forum...howtopic=13367

It starts in LA so maybe we can get a surprise appearance by all you So-Cal SDAC members with your Shelby Dodges!?

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

turbo addict

Re: Carroll Shelby's 85th BirthDay Bash!!!

oh leave the poor old man alone already!
    1988 Lancer Shelby 2.2TII 1989 Shadow ES 2.5TI 1992 Lebaron Sedan 3.0Auto 1993 Acclaim 2.5TI-A520 Hoard parts now!

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor ForzaV12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssPerformance View Post
    Carroll Shelby's 85th BirthDay Bash!!! There were only 100 tickets available. I grabbed one before it sold out like a rock concert. SDAC-VP, Craig St. Pierre (speeddemon) and I plan to attend to make sure that SDAC has a presence and to see what it is all about. Just curious if anyone else here is planning to attend?

It starts in LA so maybe we can get a surprise appearance by all you So-Cal SDAC members with your Shelby Dodges!?

I'm planning on going. Since there will be so many Shelby Fords represented, I think I'll leave mine in the hanger and bring the GLHS.
    87 GLHS ,66 Hemi Coronet, 69 Road Runner, 70 Challenger-"Vanishing Point", 68 Road Runner "Petty",69 ZL1 Corvette,2016 Scat Pack Challenger,67 Corvette vintage racer,Cadillac ATS Turbo, 66 GTO road racer,67 911S, Ford V Ferrari Porsche 906 and Ferrari P3

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

That is very cool guys. Have a good time, and come back with a lot of pics.

turbo addict

"$699.99 USD per couple"

Wow, I never knew you two were that close...
    -Nate- ''Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.'' —Mark Twain

LOL... funny guy, funny guy

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!

Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

turbo addict

LOL... funny guy, funny guy
    Umm... that's "guy" right? with a "u" and not an "a" right?

-Nate- ''Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.'' —Mark Twain

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

I'm working on putting something together for the LA end of the trip, and a few folks are talking about making the drive to Vegas But the Team Shelby official site says 'sold out'. Not too sure what that means, maybe it's just the hotel/meals/tours/parade lap package deal. I'm thinking all of those activities are available for purchase separately but I've posted on Team Shelby for clarification and haven't heard back. I did drop $49.99 on becoming a Team Shelby Member for a year. I'm hoping that the unity and goodwill twards ALL eras of Shelby's that Carroll talked about in his response letter to SAAC really exists... Otherwise I bought a pretty expensive T shirt for my $50.

BTW JT, are you Craig's date or is he your date or??? Don't get me wrong I like you and I don't judge you ...

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Yeah, I bought a $50 T-shirt too... which made Craig my date, LOL!

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff speeddemon's Avatar

Yup, JT bought the ticket! It'll take more than a trip to Vegas for me to put out though! He's not really my type anyway...

Looking forward to meet those of you out on the west coast that I haven't met yet.

Alan - I saw your post on TS but I couldn't find it again to see if anyone responded. I will be HIGHLY surprised if any of the events will be open to people without "tickets". Hopefully those that head to Vegas can at least spectate at the track events.
    Craig
    SDAC Board Member
    1985 GHLT
    1986 GLHS 047
    2005 SRT4 ACR

Events will not be open to people without tickets. Although you can now purchase a smaller ticket package that includes: drag racing, lunch and the car show for 100. They state on the form-only Shelby automobiles and the new Shelby Mustangs-no Saleens, Steedas,etc. Not a word about excluding Shelby Dodges, so I'll be squeezing in amongst all the Mustangs and Cobras in the GLHS.
    87 GLHS ,66 Hemi Coronet, 69 Road Runner, 70 Challenger-"Vanishing Point", 68 Road Runner "Petty",69 ZL1 Corvette,2016 Scat Pack Challenger,67 Corvette vintage racer,Cadillac ATS Turbo, 66 GTO road racer,67 911S, Ford V Ferrari Porsche 906 and Ferrari P3

Yo Forza, you got a link to that other offer to post? I didn't find it

That would be kickass if a few guys could bring out their Shelby Dodges!

Craig and I tried to figure out how to get one of his GLHS' there but it was just a tad cost prohibitive

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President

Yo Forza, you got a link to that other offer to post? I didn't find it

That would be kickass if a few guys could bring out their Shelby Dodges!

Craig and I tried to figure out how to get one of his GLHS' there but it was just a tad cost prohibitive

here you go

stangsunleashed.com/tickets

Drive it out there!

Quote Originally Posted by ForzaV12 View Post
    here you go

www.stangsunleashed.com/tickets

Drive it out there!
    Cool... So who all is in on this?

www.stangsunleashed.com/tickets

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President

Garrett booster

wow.. u must be a big fan of this Shelby guy!

turbo addict

That price is pretty darn good for two people, hotel, all events, etc.....

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1FastCSX289 View Post
    That price is pretty darn good for two people, hotel, all events, etc.....
    Drinks aren't included tho. They are $60.00 each, served in a disposable plastic cup with a screen print of Shelby's signature on them. Proceeds go to benefit the "Make Shelby's Name More Expensive than Disney's" Fund.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by contraption22 View Post
    Drinks aren't included tho. They are $60.00 each, served in a disposable plastic cup with a screen print of Shelby's signature on them. Proceeds go to benefit the "Make Shelby's Name More Expensive than Disney's" Fund.

Sounds good to me. Happily bought my 50. t-shirt(poor design btw), my event tickets, gonna hang out in LA, drive the big caravan to 'Vegas(representing the TDs), do the shows, hang out with all the Shelby folks, buy the cheesy momentos and generally spend money like a drunken sailor. I'll sleep like a baby every night and could care less what "Team Shelby" does with the proceeds.

But, enough of that. Its a beautiful, sunny day out here in socal, time to load up the GLHS with presents and have a nice drive up to Pasadena for some Christmas cheer.

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor

A plan is shaping up -

http://www.midamericaauctions.com/sh...ion.asp?ID=104

http://www.midamericaauctions.com/

Maybe I'll squeeze #463 into the parade, on the way to a couple days of oggling classic bikes.

Forza - get me in!
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."
    -- Justice Antonin Scalia

Quote Originally Posted by johnl View Post
    A plan is shaping up -

http://www.midamericaauctions.com/sh...ion.asp?ID=104

http://www.midamericaauctions.com/

Maybe I'll squeeze #463 into the parade, on the way to a couple days of oggling classic bikes.

Forza - get me in!
    Do it, John! Just pick up one of the show/lunch/drag tickets. Doubt I'll drag the S, but you never know! I think Jeff is going to bring that nice 89 CSX and Alan has been working hard for a hall pass so we might have a nice TD group in the caravan.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast