Thread: Turboxs type H leaking?

Turboxs type H leaking?

Anybody else running a turboxs type H? I have 3 shims in, and it seems past 20 PSI it feels like it's leaking because I can hear it fluttering like it's barely opening and closing real fast. 3 shims seems like an awful much already to only be holding 20 PSI.
    Anyway, what I'd like to know is how much boost you are running and with how many shims? Or especially cases that it started leaking on you at XX amount of boost and then you put it X amount of shims and it fixed it.

turbo addict

Re: Turboxs type H leaking?

I've got a knock off, and put all the washers in it(5 or 6). I was told to put em all in!

It does not let off till 1psi though so I changed my driving habits, as in when I'm around that area I either give it more then let off or let off slowly

Yeah I had to change when I put three in. Not sure what affect the knock off has compared to the real deal. Guess I have no choice but to put more in!

My son's first one leaked even w/ 5 shims, replaced it. This one holds 20 lbs but it has 5 shims also.

Guy

Hybrid booster

Mine was leaking and i found it was sticking a little, i was running about that boost level at the time. i pulled it apart and lubed it up a little with silicone spray and didn't have any more problems. i tryed adding one or two washers that came with it and that's when i found it was sticking a bit. seemed to hold good untill i was in the 19-20 range, just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by guyd_15 View Post
    My son's first one leaked even w/ 5 shims, replaced it. This one holds 20 lbs but it has 5 shims also.

Guy
    Huh, that I agree with actually because I only had 2 shims in the one I had in my old daytona and it held 22 PSI.

Quote Originally Posted by 2.2turboscotty View Post
    Mine was leaking and i found it was sticking a little, i was running about that boost level at the time. i pulled it apart and lubed it up a little with silicone spray and didn't have any more problems. i tryed adding one or two washers that came with it and that's when i found it was sticking a bit. seemed to hold good untill i was in the 19-20 range, just a thought.
    I will try that, thanks!