Thread: Smoke At Wide Open Throttle !!!

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Smoke At Wide Open Throttle !!!

When i floor it on the highway 10-14psi,get a ton of blue smoke but when normal driving and idle it's fine no smoke.replaced the pcv valve and didn't help either?

Re: Smoke At Wide Open Throttle !!!

How many miles are on your engine? Very worn rings leads to engine blowby, which forces that blowby up into the turbo and makes it blow smoke. That or the turbo is on it's way out anyway. But even the blowby can make a new turbo smoke.

I thought it might be my turbo,i just installed my intercooler and didn't put a bov for a few day's later,the turbo made the wa wa wa wa noise after i let off the gas.I know that is very bad for it,oh well my fault guess i need to hurry up on my 2.5 with a bigger turbo.I didn't like the old mitsu anyway.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

It could be the PCV system, check for oil in the pcv hose. Check the plugs and look in the bores and look for oil on the piston tops.

Try going for a blast with the pcv removed and put a rag over the rubber tee so you don't spray oil everywhere.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

I'll try that this week,forgot to add my oil feed line was leaking.But now is fixxed.and still blue smoke!,but no oil leak's on the ground anymore!