Thread: CSX/CSX-T Rear Brake Hardware?

turbo addict

CSX/CSX-T Rear Brake Hardware?

Did the CSX's have any type of rear anti-rattle hardware for the brake pads? I have the most annoying rotational/bump dependant rattle coming from the rear brakes that goes away when the brakes are applied. I know the parking brake isn't the issue as I adjusted that sometime ago. I have not pulled the wheel yet but I'm sure this is the source. Any ideas about missing hardware maybe? It could be that the pads are just vibrating.

P.S. For those that don't already know this the CSX/CSX-T has a rear brake setup specific to just those cars.

Thanks!

Hybrid booster

Re: CSX/CSX-T Rear Brake Hardware?

I've always heard the 1st gen Neon solid rotor rear disk stuff was a direct swap, even though I haven't tried it myself...

turbo addict

Yeah, 95-96 Neon Rotors are the ticket.

I found the problem and suspected exactly what I found. The inner pad has that prong type thing that squeezes inside the caliper piston. That prong broke free of the pad allowing the pad to vibrate.

Just in case anyone ever does a search on this the pads have the anti-rattle clips attached to them...or in my case...no longer attached...lol.

My CSX just started doing the same thing! Glad to hear it's nothing to be concerned about.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Pat View Post
    My CSX just started doing the same thing! Glad to hear it's nothing to be concerned about.
    Yeah, it sucks because there was nothing wrong with the pads other than that. I bought some standard pads for now...it appears they are aware the design flaws as this pad (Wearever) has a healthy stud to keep it from happening.

...if you know what I mean... Turbo Mopar Contributor csxtra's Avatar

Back from the dead...

What application (year/model) do you use to find the correct rear brake pads for an 87 CSX/88 CSX-T? Or do you have manufacturer/part #s?

My CSX still has some life left in the original rear pads, but I'm thinking of putting new ones on before the SDAC track day just in case.
    Warren Hall
    "My Name is Warren and my car is an alcoholic..."
    OVC - SDAC "Our Sh*t Rolls!"
    Cincinnati, OH
    87 CSX # 741
    317WHP - 380 WFt-Lbs (STD-5)
    12.460 @ 113.2 - Race Gas + Methanol Injection
    12.749 @ 109.84 - 91 octane + Methanol Injection (Still tuning...)
    "Illegitimi non carborundum."
    -General Joseph Stillwell
    TD Runlogger Page Has Moved...

turbo addict

I know its gotta be sourced parts from ma mopar. Its just a matter of finding which model they came from. Thats sweet that the neon rotors swap right on. Makes it easier to find.
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT] ____________________________________________ 92 Voyager LE 3.3/A604 luxury liner 185k [COLOR="Red"]"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]"It's not tyranny we desire; it's a just, limited, federal government." Alexander Hamilton[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Support our economy-BUY AMERICA: [url]http://nortonsusa.com/[/url][/COLOR]

by the OE# (4467439) changes to 4383883 to 4423667 to 4509374 to 4720644. Apparently the may have made the OE pads better? those numbers fit 87H, 88-90P, 90-94A, 89-93G, 89-95J, the OE number are $106, some left, also there is a value line mopar V2013644 for $56.70

...if you know what I mean... Turbo Mopar Contributor csxtra's Avatar

Thanks JDawg, that gave me EXACTLY what I needed
    Warren Hall
    "My Name is Warren and my car is an alcoholic..."
    OVC - SDAC "Our Sh*t Rolls!"
    Cincinnati, OH
    87 CSX # 741
    317WHP - 380 WFt-Lbs (STD-5)
    12.460 @ 113.2 - Race Gas + Methanol Injection
    12.749 @ 109.84 - 91 octane + Methanol Injection (Still tuning...)
    "Illegitimi non carborundum."
    -General Joseph Stillwell
    TD Runlogger Page Has Moved...

turbo addict

Ah so basically the 87 H and 87-88 CSX/T got the brakes from the 89-up P body with disc common to a lot of solid disc cars. Good to know fo su.
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT] ____________________________________________ 92 Voyager LE 3.3/A604 luxury liner 185k [COLOR="Red"]"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]"It's not tyranny we desire; it's a just, limited, federal government." Alexander Hamilton[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Support our economy-BUY AMERICA: [url]http://nortonsusa.com/[/url][/COLOR]

turbo addict

I looked them right up in Advance Auto's Electronic Parts Catalog.