So I'm out driving the '04 Neon SXT 5spd (just has a connical K&N filter placed inside the airbox with no top lid) and I see some dark green, riced out (clear lights and a muffler). Mmmmm rice! So to my luck we both get stuck at the light. I rev, he revs back. Sweet, he wants to play! I haven't raced anyone since November or so, so I've been dying to get some action. Yah I said get some action.

Anyways, I begin to hear him tach it up, so I rev mine to 2,500. It's hard to hold it there for some reason, so I'm trying to get it steady and the light goes green. Right out of the hole he gets a great launch. I chirp it repetatively and then bog. Damn! Stay in it, and then nail 2nd right after he does (kool, he's got a stick too), he's about 1/4 of a length ahead of me. Nail 3rd gear and start pulling on him. I get just ahead of him to where I've satisfied my ego of having the faster car by proving that mine pulls away from his. So I shut it down, and later give him a thumbs up. He was laughing his --- off for some reason.

Dang good race though! I'd say I would've beat him by 2/10. Wooo! Enough excitement until the track opens March 18!