Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Register Your #'d Shelby!

Post Register Your #'d Shelby!

Over the last few months, I was surprised at how many individuals I've met at shows and through online contacts that were unaware of a registry for our vehicles. Not sure if any of them ended up signing up or not, but this is what prompted my post here.

If you haven't already, please register your GLHS Omni/Charger, CSX, Shelby Lancer, or Shelby Dakota at www.shelbyregistry.com .

For additional questions, contact@shelbyregistry.com

* I am not aquainted with the registry by any means other than the listing of my CSX and those which I know are RIP. I simply feel it is important that, as a community, we should build this registry up and try to account for as many of these vehicles as possible. *

Thanks!

Last edited by DC Turismo; 03-24-2010 at 12:15 AM.

turbo addict

Re: Register Your #'d Shelby!

I saw it had me listed as owner of 87 CSX 512. UNfortunately, I rolled the car over and parted it out in 2002. So, thanks for reminding me to update the list!

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1FastCSX289 View Post
    I saw it had me listed as owner of 87 CSX 512. UNfortunately, I rolled the car over and parted it out in 2002. So, thanks for reminding me to update the list!
    Ouch! Got pics?

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Garrett booster

I just registered Shelby Lancer #71 as "totalled".

Quote Originally Posted by uwilluz View Post
    I just registered Shelby Lancer #71 as "totalled".

Bummer

Got pics?

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!

Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssPerformance View Post
    Ouch! Got pics?
    No, I dont think so. Honestly, I owned this car before I was involved as much in the Shelby Dodge scene. So, I guess I didnt think of taking pics for the forums. The car had 52k original miles on it. There was no rust at all, but the paint was rough. I rolled it over onto its roof, where it slid about 50 yards or so down a ravine. My head broke the drivers side window when it went over, busting up my ear pretty good. The open window acted as a shovel as it careened down the hill, scooping MASSIVE quantities of mud into the interior. So, basicly, the roof was caved in, the whole drivers side smashed and the interior covered in 5" of mud throughout. It was totalled. I stripped out all the shelby stuff and transplanted most of it into an 87 Omni. The rest I sold on ebay. The only thing I forgot was the front grill. I didnt realize it was Shelby specific at the time and it went to the j-yard with the car

But, yea....that wasnt a good day.

Now, how I almost got arrested getting the car out of the tow lot after the accident is another story.......

turbo addict

I sent an update to my entry 4 years ago...
    Kevin Isenberg EVERYTHING is for sale!

No, I dont think so. Honestly, I owned this car before I was involved as much in the Shelby Dodge scene. So, I guess I didnt think of taking pics for the forums. The car had 52k original miles on it. There was no rust at all, but the paint was rough. I rolled it over onto its roof, where it slid about 50 yards or so down a ravine. My head broke the drivers side window when it went over, busting up my ear pretty good. The open window acted as a shovel as it careened down the hill, scooping MASSIVE quantities of mud into the interior. So, basicly, the roof was caved in, the whole drivers side smashed and the interior covered in 5" of mud throughout. It was totalled. I stripped out all the shelby stuff and transplanted most of it into an 87 Omni. The rest I sold on ebay. The only thing I forgot was the front grill. I didnt realize it was Shelby specific at the time and it went to the j-yard with the car

But, yea....that wasnt a good day.

Now, how I almost got arrested getting the car out of the tow lot after the accident is another story.......
    Wow, damn, glad you're alive!

So you had to steal your car back??? I'm curious now... if you want to elaborate and so we don't cannibalize thsi thread, I can move these posts to a new one

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President

Quote Originally Posted by GLHS592 View Post
    I sent an update to my entry 4 years ago...
    4 years ago Bill was either busy or away and not able to update the registry, however he is actively updating it now. I would suggest re-sending the info if it is not current in the Registry, cuz I know I don't have any e-mails from 4 years ago due to re-formating, etc., and would not expect anyone else to.

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President

TIIFIIIWII Turbo Mopar Staff DodgeZ's Avatar

not wasting the time again..............
    2022 Viper runs 9s

turbo addict

Wow, damn, glad you're alive!

So you had to steal your car back??? I'm curious now... if you want to elaborate and so we don't cannibalize thsi thread, I can move these posts to a new one
    Yea, I was banged up, but nothing major. A few cuts and scrapes....and I was VERY muddy.

Um....yea....well.....A neighbor called the police and the police called the tow truck (I didnt even want the Police there b/c no one else was involved).
    They towed my CSX out of the ravine by basicly hooking a winch on the back axle and dragging it out. They hooked it up and towed it to a shop about 2 miles down the road. The whole process took about 30 minutes from dragging it to towing it.

I went back there to get my car the next day because I wanted to part it out. Well, they wanted (as I remember) $275 for the tow I just about fell over. "Youre joking, right?" Yea, he was serious. I explained to the guy that I was in the automotive business and I knew what a 2 mile tow with winching costs. So, I proceeded to write him a check for 150 dollars and put it on the counter. He told me that I could pay him the 150, but I couldnt take the car until the full amount was payed. I told him I wasnt paying the amount that he wanted and that he wasnt allowed to keep my car. It wasnt impounded and he couldnt hold my property for services rendered. So, we argued back and forth and I grew more angry by the minute. My friends were with me and they started to get worried when they saw the steam pouring out of my ears.

I just marched right behind the counter while the guy was yelling at me to "Get back!" Of course, I was blinded by rage at this point and I kept moving through the back of their shop and into the yard out back where I spotted the CSX. I hopped in it and started it up with my spare key (YES!!! IT STILL RAN!!!). So, now I am heading for the gate and the owner of the shop is chasing me while he has one of his goons block the gate with a tow truck.......so I drive up on the grass, around the tow truck and into the front lot where my dolly was waiting. The whole time, my friends were chasing after me pleading for me to calm down (id never been so mad in my life).

So, of course the ------- calls the cops and they show up while im loading the CSX onto the dolly. The cop comes running over and asks me what Im doing. I explain that im retrieving my property from this thief who wanted 275 dollars to tow it. So, the cop says "you cant do that". I said "Yes I can, and I am". I expained to the cop that it is illegal for a shop to hold a car in ransom for services rendered. He has to sue me if he wants anymore than the 150 I gave him. So, the cop says "have you ever heard of a mechanics lein"? I said, "Yes, I am very familiar with mechanics leins.....does he have one?" Of course, I already knew the answer because it takes months to go thru the process for a lein.

So, now the cop was mad because he knew he couldnt stop me. So, he went back inside to talk to the owner of the shop and tells me to wait. So, he comes out and tells me hes going to arrest me AND MY FRIENDS for tresspassing unless I pay up. I was fully prepared to go to jail that day and fight it, but I couldnt drag my buddies into my mess. So, he got me. I paid.

Turns out.....that shop is the spot where all the local pigs get their work done and where they bring all the local tows.......so im sure they have a little scam going.

Im just mad at myself (still) that I blew up and stormed into the yard. I should have called the police and then the owner of the tow company would have had to give me my car back. But, I guess you live and learn. Im a hothead and ive learned what happens when I give into my hotheadedness.

boostaholic

I have tried to contact him several times since I purchased my 'S, but still no update on #232. I'm over it.

Yea, I was banged up, but nothing major. A few cuts and scrapes....and I was VERY muddy.

Um....yea....well.....A neighbor called the police .....
    Well glad you were not banged up too bad and you almost got away with it.... towing companies are usually pretty crooked in some way.

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President

Garrett booster

Bummer

Got pics?
    Here's one.

OUCH! Everybody ok?

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President

Garrett booster

Well, I have permanent back damage (twisted 8 vertebrae) but other than that, yeah. Some stupid broad on her cell phone made a left across traffic, I t-boned her at 50mph.

Ouch! left turns cause most accidents... cell phones dont help either!

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President

Mitsu booster

It's a tribute to the design of these cars, the Lancer in this case, no airbags, but no fatality. I just registered Lancer 604. LOL Mines in a little better shape though j/k!

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by mwrenn View Post
    It's a tribute to the design of these cars, the Lancer in this case, no airbags, but no fatality.!
    Oh there was almost a fatality. I wanted to kill that -----.

Quote Originally Posted by mwrenn View Post
    It's a tribute to the design of these cars, the Lancer in this case, no airbags, but no fatality. I just registered Lancer 604. LOL Mines in a little better shape though j/k!
    Pics? I have a small collection by number forming Anyone who registers, please post pics in this thread or e--mail them straight to me at jt @ badassperformance.com

Quote Originally Posted by uwilluz View Post
    Oh there was almost a fatality. I wanted to kill that -----.
    LOL, I know the feeling!

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast