Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: SoCal SD/TD/FWD Chrysler Meeting time again...

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Re: SoCal SD/TD/FWD Chrysler Meeting time again...

Quote Originally Posted by amoparacer View Post
    There is a Track in Anaheim called DROMO ONE this is also a slick cart indoor track the cars are gas but I never have had the smeely clothing thing go on here. They are all Hi end new carts really fast. They even give you a nomex race suit to wear as you race. Yes Allan you can wear your own short bus helmet if you like.
    Why do you suppose they make you wear a suit that 1000's of opther sweaty dudes have worn? Gas carts! One of the stinky places but not the worst. We ALREADY HAVE the venue, the cart place, the BBQ host location (you da man on this one John) and John's spread is only a few miles from the most popular entrance/exit from Angeles Crest highway. Most of that stuff is all ironed out, we just need a date and some refinements. OC/SD guys could meet at Cars and Coffee in Irvine maybe? Although that would put us at John's/Angeles Crest a bit early. Even *I* dont drink before noon

Also what do you think about inviting some of the Team Shelby gang along John? It's kinda your party...

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Rosie,
    you REALLY quit?! Good for you dude!! Yeah, we can hang out whenever no prob.

BBQ sounds like fun.........just waiting to hear when.

p.s. Im out a the joint =)

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor

Hey Team Shelby gang is a great idea. Let's set a date. I dunno when. A head count is needed . . . . I'll check about cart track's dates/availability/minimum for a weekend group deal tomorrow.

Here's a link, check it out. http://mb2raceway.reachlocal.net/sylmar/parties.html

Then there's another local place with two tracks - http://www.racersedgekarting.com/

As for time for the OC/SD folks to start their drive, early is not bad, throw a late breakfast into the mix somewhere, maybe Wrightwood, then an 1.5 hours down Big Pine to Tejon to Mt Emma to AF to BT to Sylmar - longer drive, or more time at the cart track . . .

I wouldn't recommend coming down Angeles Crest to the 2 - too much pokey traffic and LEOs, I'd stay with Angeles Forest and then make the right (before AF hits AC) to take Big Tujunga down into Tujunga . . . .
    Last edited by johnl; 02-15-2009 at 03:20 AM.

Hybrid booster

BBQ, racing sounds like a good time - when?

http://alltimeracing.com/v2/componen...,16/Itemid,29/

April 27 Mopar Spring Fling Track Day at Buttonwillow $325
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."
    -- Justice Antonin Scalia

Quote Originally Posted by johnl View Post
    http://alltimeracing.com/v2/componen...,16/Itemid,29/

April 27 Mopar Spring Fling Track Day at Buttonwillow $325
    Uh, I think I'll stick with the "On Track Racing" crew for 1/3 the cost...

John, are you gonna set a BBQ/Karting date or not Lets do this!

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor ForzaV12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post
    Uh, I think I'll stick with the "On Track Racing" crew for 1/3 the cost...

Actually, its 275. for early registration. Not too bad for tons of track time with limited numbers of cars on track(including a large contingent of Mopars-vintage and modern),photographer, special guests, passengers, etc.

I doubt OTR is under 100. for any legit event on a real track. Last time I checked their site it was just under 200.?
    87 GLHS ,66 Hemi Coronet, 69 Road Runner, 70 Challenger-"Vanishing Point", 68 Road Runner "Petty",69 ZL1 Corvette,2016 Scat Pack Challenger,67 Corvette vintage racer,Cadillac ATS Turbo, 66 GTO road racer,67 911S, Ford V Ferrari Porsche 906 and Ferrari P3

OK, how about Saturday 4/11 or 4/18, or Saturday 5/9 or 5/23?
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."

boostaholic

That works for me, by that time I could save up enough for the Go kart track.

Quote Originally Posted by butchsuppe View Post
    That works for me, by that time I could save up enough for the Go kart track.
    But you won't, you'll spend it all on $40. hookers as soon as you save a little. 4/11 or 5/23 work for me, other two not so much. Cant be the same time as the TC Masi Nats in Carmel

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

But you won't, you'll spend it all on $40. hookers as soon as you save a little. 4/11 or 5/23 work for me, other two not so much. Cant be the same time as the TC Masi Nats in Carmel

Nah, if he calls up Josh and Scotty they can find him some free ones in a parking lot at Target. Then he has money for karting, that's having your cake and eating it too!
    85 LeBaron GTS 03 PT Cruiser GT

OK, I'll check those dates with the nearest go kart track for a mid day session, figuring BBQ in afternoon before dark and cold come on. That means who ever is coming from the south/cars/coffee deal will be leaving am.
    John Laing

-- Alexis de Tocqueville

--Ayn Rand

boostaholic

Not to cut you guys off but are you guys doing anything around September 24? I'm going down there for a week and wouldnt mind meeting up with some TMers. I might be driving the R/T down.

Post Re: SoCal SD/TD/FWD Chrysler Meeting time again...

Quote Originally Posted by rosie View Post
    Driving up to the meetings and doing the work thing the next day sucks. When I work weekends I have to show up at 4 so a Friday meeting would suck more. Irony indeed.
    I showed up to a few meetings coming from Fresno, about a 3 1/2 hour drive to get there. Hit rush hour, attend the meeting (being the last one to leave), drive another 3 1/2 hours to get home, and go to work at 6:00 A.M. after 2 hours of sleep.

I guess I'm just a glutton for punishment.

I should be where you're at. Maybe I could get more sleep.

Ray
    Central California
    Last edited by scrampage1; 02-26-2009 at 10:01 AM.

Hybrid booster

Focusing.....

Start a poll on which weekend we're going to do this?

Wait till next thurs at the actual meeting?

Quote Originally Posted by rosie View Post
    Focusing.....

Start a poll on which weekend we're going to do this?

Wait till next thurs at the actual meeting?
    Yeah, wait till next thurs and let Alan call the meeting to order . . . . .
    John Laing

-- Alexis de Tocqueville

--Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by johnl View Post
    Yeah, wait till next thurs and let Alan call the meeting to order . . . . .
    Meh, don't we usually the the VP handle that kind of business? I'm much to busy for the mundane.

Quote Originally Posted by scrampage1 View Post
    I showed up to a few meetings coming from Fresno, about a 3 1/2 hour drive to get there. Hit rush hour, attend the meeting (being the last one to leave), drive another 3 1/2 hours to get home, and go to work at 6:00 A.M. after 2 hours of sleep.

I guess I'm just a glutton for punishment.

I should be where you're at. Maybe I could get more sleep.

Ray
    Central California
    I'll trade your 3.5 hour drive for my 6 hour version anytime. In all fairness though, I do grab a hotel room somewhere and don't have to be anywhere by 6:00 AM. With lodging, gas and food it has cost me as much as $200. per meeting. Now that gas prices are more reasonable I hope to attend at least 8 meetings per year. Not complaining, but, just wish I lived closer so I could make it to every one.

Chris-TU
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

boostaholic

^^^^ Hey Chris maybe you should get an airplane and turbocharge it.

Quote Originally Posted by butchsuppe View Post
    ^^^^ Hey Chris maybe you should get an airplane and turbocharge it.
    They just relocated the Cessna Citation service center about 5 miles away from here.

http://www.cessna.com/NewReleases/Ne...249440698.html

I might just have to poke around the new facility a little more. Maybe I can hitch a ride to the coast. With the air traffic congestion the way it is in LA I don't think it would get me there any sooner.

Chris-TU
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast