Page 1 of 40 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: SoCal SD/TD/FWD Chrysler Meeting time again...

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

SoCal SD/TD/FWD Chrysler Meeting time again...

Since we were at like 1/2 strength last month, I thought I'd throw a reminder up here before this month's meeting Now to be fair, the first Thursday in November fell on the first day of the month and I know some of our members are calender challenged, that first day of the month tends to sneak by

So don't forget, First Thursday of the month, Applebee's, 1238 Imperial Hwy, La Habra CA 8pm till the beer runs out...

...or the cops chase us out

Hey Forza, maybe we'll do that cam swap right there in the lot, I can bring my generator/lights/tools and make it happen. Unless you just want to talk about it for another three months AAA is all paid up for a rescue tow right ?

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Re: SoCal SD/TD/FWD Chrysler Meeting time again...

We'll also be attending so if there is anything you need us to bring let us know ASAP. This is our last trip to LA before Christmas and we already have a bunch of products to deliver so join the club and save on shipping.

Chris-TU

PS. Also, we are bringing special gifts for those who have purchased from us in the past. You must bring your vehicle to be eligible. Hope that helps reel 'em in for you this month Alan
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

Mitsu booster

Oh man, I gotta work thursday morning, then it's about a seven hour drive to La Habra. Then back at work friday morning. LOL I'll have to bring Lancer 604 out in January maybe.

Hey Chris, I talked to John about his Lancer606 last week. Tried to hook him up with a buyer from Spokane, but no dice I don't think.

I'm still gonna get to PHX, probably next spring with the Beechcraft, we'll go fly around. I gotta do the Annual on it next month.

Later....

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor ForzaV12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post
    Since we were at like 1/2 strength last month, I thought I'd throw a reminder up here before this month's meeting Now to be fair, the first Thursday in November fell on the first day of the month and I know some of our members are calender challenged, that first day of the month tends to sneak by

So don't forget, First Thursday of the month, Applebee's, 1238 Imperial Hwy, La Habra CA 8pm till the beer runs out...

...or the cops chase us out

Hey Forza, maybe we'll do that cam swap right there in the lot, I can bring my generator/lights/tools and make it happen. Unless you just want to talk about it for another three months AAA is all paid up for a rescue tow right ?
    OK, I'll bring Mean Green. Now, after talking to Boyd, I'm wondering if there might be an issue with my GT30R too.
    87 GLHS ,66 Hemi Coronet, 69 Road Runner, 70 Challenger-"Vanishing Point", 68 Road Runner "Petty",69 ZL1 Corvette,2016 Scat Pack Challenger,67 Corvette vintage racer,Cadillac ATS Turbo, 66 GTO road racer,67 911S, Ford V Ferrari Porsche 906 and Ferrari P3

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor

I'll just watch y'all time that cam by flash light. in the cold Cali winter - 60*

I will bring and will be offering for sale, on consignment from a former employee of the Santa Fe Springs Performance Center, a complete circa 1984 press packet produced by the Santa Fe Springs Chrysler Performance Center including 8x10 glossies of: (1) the 16 valve all wheel drive Daytona, (2) the Weisman/BMW drive train under that all wheel drive Daytona, and (3) other photogs of the Center's offerings. Also included are News Releases, including one about the "painless" nitrous kit developed jointly with NOS, Inc - " A shot of N20 and that little two two starts kicking sand in the face of the heavyweights" says Shel in the release, and other NRs describing the Center, its projects, and the personalities who worked there - Hanneman, Mallicoat, Harvey, Hope, and Shelby.

Should be a good turn out.
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."
    -- Justice Antonin Scalia

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by Chris W View Post

PS. Also, we are bringing special gifts for those who have purchased from us in the past.
    And no...I'm not one of them. Oh I crack myself up

Quote Originally Posted by ForzaV12 View Post
    OK, I'll bring Mean Green. Now, after talking to Boyd, I'm wondering if there might be an issue with my GT30R too.

Sweet, cam swap in the parking lot been a while since we did any real wrenching at a meeting. I think in all fairness we should let a couple of new guys give it a try first. You know, it would kind of boost their confidence a bit if they pull it off I'm sure you're alright with that Forza...

If there is a problem with that turbo, I suppose I could buy it off you for say $300. That way, you have a good solid down payment on a new one

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor zin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnl View Post
    Also included are News Releases, including one about the "painless" nitrous kit developed jointly with NOS, Inc - " A shot of N20 and that little two two starts kicking sand in the face of the heavyweights" says Shel in the release
    I'd sure like to see that part! We've got a picture on the wall of Mike Thermos, Dale Vaznanian and Carol leaning over a Charger's hatch showing the 10lb nitrous bottle. Too bad someone didn't warm up the bottle before they took Carol for a ride, might have had a "factory installed" nitrous kit, can you imagine the UAW guys installing something like that?

Mike

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor zin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mustangsally View Post
    Damn! Guess I should just return the header then....

Quote Originally Posted by mustangsally View Post
    Alright Sally, I had a couple guys PM me to ask if you were part of the cam install team then. What should I tell em ? Meh, maybe we should just leave em hanging...

Hybrid booster

Yup...gotta keep the people guessing. That's how I roll

Does it always have to be the first Thursday of the month? I was thinking of crashing one of your meetings this winter but it looks like I am busy the first week of the winter months.
    SDAC member "It's not the ride, it's the rider."

Quote Originally Posted by slasky View Post
    Does it always have to be the first Thursday of the month? I was thinking of crashing one of your meetings this winter but it looks like I am busy the first week of the winter months.
    Scott, We've got guys that cant even remember the when the first Thursday of the month falls and we have had that routine for over 15 years now Just think of the morass that would ensue if we changed the date

Last month the meeting was November 1st, I got a call Friday Nov 8th from a member asking 'where was everyone last night?' Yeah, these are my peeps ...

Spring/Summer meetings rock too, can you schedule one of your 'work conferences' around those ?

Scott, We've got guys that cant even remember the when the first Thursday of the month falls and we have had that routine for over 15 years now Just think of the morass that would ensue if we changed the date

Last month the meeting was November 1st, I got a call Friday Nov 8th from a member asking 'where was everyone last night?' Yeah, these are my peeps ...

Spring/Summer meetings rock too, can you schedule one of your 'work conferences' around those ?
    I would like to go to LA when the weather is crappy here. I think I might be able to make March. What are the best choices for airport and accommodations?
    SDAC member "It's not the ride, it's the rider."

I would like to go to LA when the weather is crappy here. I think I might be able to make March. What are the best choices for airport and accommodations?
    Depends where your travels take you. LAX is the big airport but really ghetto around there, it's LA after all John Wayne Airport (SNA code) is smack dab in the middle of beautiful people land but cost a little more to fly there and stay in the area. I think when Sean (FastCSX) was out last time, he flew into Ontario Airport (ONT code) because his training was in Pomona or Rancho Cucamonga. Ontario is about 45 miles east of LA and SNA is about 45 miles south of LA.

Meeting was great last night BTW, even with the drizzle, we still had 34 members show up We got a preview of the new Shelby Driving shoes from a member who is gonna distribute them. I liked them so much I paid in full for a set, when he gets them to me, I'll post a few pics

The drizzle made Forza not want us opening up the top of his motor for the cam/ADJ gear swap, next time maybe give me a shout out though so I DONT BRING HALF MY GARAGE to the meeting, mmkay Forza I'll drag everything out there again at the next meeting, January 3rd. You get credit for being magnanamous enough to give away good parts you dont need anymore, I've scored a couple pieces from you and someone in the club can always use good parts

Couple guys took delivary of some nice TU Parts including their new cast header. It looks even better than the pics Of course I found myself wanting to take my die grinder to it although it is already smooth and unobstructed inside. Probably just to make me feel better more than anything

We've got a couple members working for Suzuki Auto now and they showed up in cute matching Suzuki SUV's. Swell guys, park em away from the SD/TD section next time Both of you guys have GLHS's, lets see those next time mmmkaay?

I wussed out around midnight but there were still a dozen or so folks in the lot poking under hoods and whatnot. See you guys next month-I'll be in the Rampage

Garrett booster

We can always put on a second meeting with the clubs finest like when Spiva came to visit. We do like our T/D friends to feel welcome and a part of our community.

I shoulda bumped this thread a couple days ago but spaced It's TONIGHT folks. January 3rd rain or shine. Looks like it's gonna be rain too

We need to talk about Shelby's Birthday bash Jan 11,12,13. Also about our visitor schedule in Jan, JT and Craig StP next week then Frank is going to be here at the end of the month for the G/L pride parade in San Diego. It's cool Frankie, we don't judge Brother

boostaholic

then Frank is going to be here at the end of the month for the G/L pride parade in San Diego. It's cool Frankie, we don't judge Brother

Heroes never die, they just reload! Turbo Mopar Staff Frank's Avatar

I shoulda bumped this thread a couple days ago but spaced It's TONIGHT folks. January 3rd rain or shine. Looks like it's gonna be rain too

We need to talk about Shelby's Birthday bash Jan 11,12,13. Also about our visitor schedule in Jan, JT and Craig StP next week then Frank is going to be here at the end of the month for the G/L pride parade in San Diego. It's cool Frankie, we don't judge Brother
    I am only going there to support your march!
    Frank Katzenberger
    Squirrel Performance - Home of the best turbo calc!!!
    http://www.squirrelpf.com

91 Daytona Shelby - It is getting there

87 Shelby CSX #418 - Near stock is a good thing!

94 Bronco 302 XLT - Shorty Headers, 3" exhaust, cold air intake, & Soft top

"... to get the best out of it, you have to go beyond the line. Where bravery becomes insanity. Shall I turn into this hairpin bend at a 100mph? Why not!"

Visit the new Knowledge Center today!

Check out the one and only Shelby Dodge Registry!

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor ForzaV12's Avatar

If anyone going tonight has a spare 2.5 downpipe donut, bring it along, I need one. Frantically trying to get the S back together in time for the Shelby shindig. Found out that a stock T2 turbo didn't care too much for 18+ lbs of boost! So, new turbo/2.5 swingvalve, thanks Pat, downpipe,Thanks Alan, ported manifold, thanks Dave, new hardware, Thanks, Chris, etc.

Should show a nice little HP gain and provide a little respectablilty to the only? Td entered at the Shelby event drags.
    87 GLHS ,66 Hemi Coronet, 69 Road Runner, 70 Challenger-"Vanishing Point", 68 Road Runner "Petty",69 ZL1 Corvette,2016 Scat Pack Challenger,67 Corvette vintage racer,Cadillac ATS Turbo, 66 GTO road racer,67 911S, Ford V Ferrari Porsche 906 and Ferrari P3

Page 1 of 40 1234511 ... LastLast